Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

JB's talking about kangaroos again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Yes, indeed I am. Read it somewhere. Never left my brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

179159_10151009317243545_1844903225_n.jpg

I'll have a pint of that!

Any of yiz in or around Dublin? Does anyone know about a group that run or ran courses in the city, around Temple Bar area, for over 50s folk? I believe there was no charge for the courses but they got booked up very quickly every year. Possibly the City Council was involved, but not sure about that. I used to know their name but for the life of me I can't remember it. They ran craft courses, dance classes, drama etc., my memory has let me down, again. Anyone hear of it?

I vaguely remember some discussion of University of the Third Age http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture-dublin-city-public-libraries-and-archive-events/u3a-universi-0 previously, it wouldn't be them would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Just checked my Boards age, and I'm only seven this year. Should I expect a 7-year itch in August then? What happens? Do I go all kangaroo?

:eek: I'm almost 10! That must be retirement age, surely? :pac:

looksee wrote: »
    I vaguely remember some discussion of University of the Third Age http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture-dublin-city-public-libraries-and-archive-events/u3a-universi-0 previously, it wouldn't be them would it?

It looks like the sort of thing I'm thinking of but it was definitely in the city centre. Might check that one out anyway. Thanks Looksee.
    :eek: I'm almost 10! That must be retirement age, surely? :pac:

Ten! Todally over the hill. Hail Caesar! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

dunno the date I joined.

But it was a while before posting in O&O. back when I was merely middle aged really :D

Rubecula wrote: »
    dunno the date I joined.

But it was a while before posting in O&O. back when I was merely middle aged really :D

Silly billy! You joined in July 2010 Rube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Silly billy! You joined in July 2010 Rube.
    STALKER!!1!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    STALKER!!1!

Whaaat? Sure isn't it writ for all to see on the left side of every post!

Don't mind him JB, he is just stirring... :D

I know. He's a right winder-upper all right! :D

How do you know the date sweet stalker?

Maybe her eyes drifted to the left and looked under your avatar?

Ha! Mod Fail. :D

Look at your post, then......eyes LEFFFT! Look under your avatar and there you shall find the answer to your mysterrrrry, and forevermore you shall wear wings on your back and bells on your feet. And your walk will change to a merry dance and you will dance forever the dance of the happy souls until you finally reach the land of elves and faeries. There. Happy now? :p

I think I preferred the kangaroos.

:D

looksee wrote: »
    I think I preferred the kangaroos.

Y'mean all that was lost on ya?
    :D:D:D

aha you have been perving my personal records :D

funny that I never really thought of that. but I am old, tired and for this week pretty sick of computers

• Advertisement

aha you have been perving my personal records :D

funny that I never really thought of that. but I am old, tired and for this week pretty sick of computers

You can't pull the age card Rube. I'm older than you. And as for OG.....well......there you are then! :P

You can't pull the age card Rube. I'm older than you. And as for OG.....well......there you are then! :P
    HEY! I'm sprightly.

HEY! I'm sprightly.

For your age! :D

Well then, there you are, I am not sprightly for my age, sprightly for 150 maybe. :D

If you ever feel useless........................remember, it is someones job is to fit indicators on BMW's.

I usually walk these halls on my lonesome. I think I'm being stalked tonight! Oh yoohoo you stalkers, anyone want to say hello?

No, I'm here JB, though not for long, I have to go and change my bed, I started about 4 hours ago then there have been a continuous stream of phone converstions!

Maybe we should start the 9 to 10 club (or some such) get everyone here between 9 and 10 for a natter about really inconsequential things. Like why I am sitting here typing instead of sorting the bed. :D

Hi Looksee, better make that bed or you won't be able to sleep tonight.. I'm off to catch up on the final episode of The Disappearance, a gripping French crime series we've been watching. Tonight we find out who really dunnit. Up to now it could be any one of all the characters!

http://nordicnoir.tv/news/french-drama-the-disappearance-coming-to-bbc-four/

• Advertisement

This is awful, I have been forced to relinquish the interwebby thingummyjig for a week and look at all the excitement I have missed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

This is awful, I have been forced to relinquish the interwebby thingummyjig for a week and look at all the excitement I have missed. :)
    Ah welcome back Rubecula. Good to see you

Diolch yn fawr Alice xxx Are you ready for your solstice dance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Diolch yn fawr Alice xxx Are you ready for your solstice dance? :)
    That was yesterday Rube - and I was amaaaazing!

Alice1 wrote: »

Alice1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Due to our new closed border policy when dealing with non-europeans I propose that we now insist Rubes uses the "Red channel" before posting.

All red channel posts require mod approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Due to our new closed border policy when dealing with non-europeans I propose that we now insist Rubes uses the "Red channel" before posting.

All red channel posts require mod approval.

I officially approve this response :pac:

In a couple of weeks I shall be walking on English soil. Will I notice any difference atall atall when I get there? Will I have to climb over barbed wire to get in? Or out? Will I be strip-searched by big hairy security guards? :eek: Will I need extra Sterling pounds, shillings and pence, or maybe even none at all? :D It's a new day dawning on that Sceptered Isle!

In a couple of weeks I shall be walking on English soil. Will I notice any difference atall atall when I get there? Will I have to climb over barbed wire to get in? Or out? Will I be strip-searched by big hairy security guards? :eek: Will I need extra Sterling pounds, shillings and pence, or maybe even none at all? :D It's a new day dawning on that Sceptered Isle!

Now calm down JB, don't get over-excited :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Will I need extra Sterling pounds, shillings and pence, or maybe even none at all?

Buy now! If you're off to any part of the UK. I feel so sorry for my friends in the UK at the moment. Their kids can no longer study in the EU, non-EU fees are prohibitive. Their scientists (and they are GOOD) will be looking for ways out as they'll no longer have access to EU funding. Their kids won't be able to work in the EU without visas. I'm so sad. I travel there regularly - lots of family there, from our 1950s immigrants and I'm told Ryanair have said their prices will increase. And what about NI? Will the Troubles start again?

Sorry for intruding such a sad note into a light-hearted thread :-(

Not excited..........scared witless! See my two faces.........:eek::eek:!

Talking of money.......I need to make about €500,000 like, immediately. I want to buy my children their own homes because they can't afford to. So, ideas on a postcard please. I need this money like, now!

Realx folksies (especially Jellybaby) tis true we voted to come out of EU but it takes a minimum of 2 years to take effect ....

And I will come clean here, your friendly neighbourhood Rubes voted to leave.

Realx folksies (especially Jellybaby) tis true we voted to come out of EU but it takes a minimum of 2 years to take effect ....

And I will come clean here, your friendly neighbourhood Rubes voted to leave.

Absolutely everyone I spoke to thinks it was a mad decision. I on the other hand, don't. Only time will tell.

Absolutely everyone I spoke to thinks it was a mad decision. I on the other hand, don't. Only time will tell.

Went to Tesco today and there was a European lad in front at the checkout. The cashier asked if he needed help packing his bags..... Blimey Tesco are quick off the mark.

All those European lads are the cashiers in my local supermarkets! :D

I have decided that getting older can be interesting eh?

I had a bottle of wine in the rack that I decided to break open today after my hospital visit. Basically I almost never drink alcohol so I just wanted a glass, maybe two to relax me.

Dear lord my eyesight is poor indeed. Not to mention my taste buds. It was sherry.

OK not too bad I suppose but as I said I hardly drink alcohol.

After half a bottle I thought It was a tad strong.... it was about then I found my legs had a mind of their own and I was unable to read the label on the bottle. Not that I could before anyway.

So got unintentionally a tad tiddly. Yes indeed life can prove interesting as you get older

Ha ha! Just wait 'till OG reads that! Rube gettin' merry on the old Harvey's Bristol Cream! And it's not even Christmas! :D

/Doffs hat to Rubes
    Well played Sir, well played.

Have to admit that as a younger version of me I was inordinately fond of a drink my granny used to have. When I left home I tried to drink a bottle of it. OMG It was called Sanatogen fortified wine. Guess what happened.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement