Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Well......he still thinks he has! ;)
    Ooops! My mistake. Sorry Graces - as you were m'dear, as you were. (*Alice nods respectfully in the direction she thinks Wales might be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Alice1 wrote: »
    Shhh Graces7, you upset Old Goat at your peril. He has a ban hammer you know....

OH NO! Not the.... BAN HAMMER... Old Goat, let me mash you some taters?
    All smooth and creamy...

Well......he still thinks he has! ;)

OK; gimme those spuds back, Old Goat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

OG passed the hammer over to me but I used it for putting the shed up (and taking the hinges off the drinkypoo cabinet he forgot to give me the key to.) now it is getting used to open bottles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Rubecula wrote: »
    ....now it is getting used to open bottles :)

:eek: What are teeth for?

what teeth

Ooops! My mistake. Sorry Graces - as you were m'dear, as you were. (*Alice nods respectfully in the direction she thinks Wales might be)

WALES?:confused: Have I moved again and noone told me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

No Graces, but our revered moderator lives in Welsh Wales.

and here was me thinking looksee lived in Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

and here was me thinking looksee lived in Ireland :)

Now you're just confusing the newbies. Shame on you Rube! :P

• Advertisement

Now you're just confusing the newbies. Shame on you Rube! :P

anyone without the sense to avoid us olde worlde folksies deserve to join us in the confusion too :)

I s'pose what you see is what you get! Oh dear.........just look at us! Or not!

I s'pose what you see is what you get! Oh dear.........just look at us! Or not!

looking at me will most certainly confuse the poor youth in here :D

I, on the other hand, am just adorable! :p

I, on the other hand, am just adorable! :p

ok you know how much I like jellybabies :p

You're on a diet Rube. No chance. Wudja look at the time, see yiz tomorrow! ZZZZZZZZZZ

seeyazz JB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm confused...

Seriously for a sec though (speaking of confusion), someone ran rings round me yesterday in a discussion of what a job would cost. I will try and sort it by email today, but the brain wasn't dealing yesterday, its a bit frustrating when you realise you are not as sharp a pin as you used to be!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

I spent the yesterday with my dad he went in for keyhole surgery on his knee,so we had to walk down from Baringtons in Limerick to the courthouse carpark.

He said he was fine walking, but when he got to the road he linked my arm and held onto me going across the road,as he hobbled along beside me half way across the road we looked at each other, it was his way of telling me he loved me, he's what you'd call a hard gentleman.

Man of little word's,but not very sensitive,great father, grandfather,husband and brother.

Actions speak louder than word's for some.

I feel more grown up myself after yesterday, like that feeling for once I was able to be the alpha in the family.

Not in an egotistical way,but in a caring way.

Dad always was able to do everything himself.

Im 43 dad's 66

No Graces, but our revered moderator lives in Welsh Wales.

Yes I know that as I yearn to visit Anglesey ..

Oh now I am ......

looksee wrote: »
    I'm confused...

Just let it all flow past thee! I do now. I have moved house to often these last two years I still wonder where I am when I wake up and keep thinking the kitchen is downstairs,.. just let it flow.. ;)

Seriously for a sec though (speaking of confusion), someone ran rings round me yesterday in a discussion of what a job would cost. I will try and sort it by email today, but the brain wasn't dealing yesterday, its a bit frustrating when you realise you are not as sharp a pin as you used to be!

Just takes longer is all ;) The young have no patience

more than a bit I am so irritated by it.

I have spent the morning trying to organise bills an money stuff and my brain keeps going into 'freefall' - nothing happening, what the heck was I trying to figure out?

It just takes so long.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have spent the morning trying to organise bills an money stuff and my brain keeps going into 'freefall' - nothing happening, what the heck was I trying to figure out?

It just takes so long.....

I find if I walk away from it...deep breaths....cup of coffee....go back and it usually jumps out at me....sorted!

put my wallet down a month ago .... and still not found it.

put my wallet down a month ago .... and still not found it.
    Oh to be so wealthy!

Perhaps somebody else 'found' it.

seriously doubt it as it is in the house somewhere

You will most likely find it eventually Rube, usually these things turn up. I suggest when it does, attach one of those anti-lost key rings to it, but be warned, they can whistle at the least noise which may drive you nuts.

• Advertisement

You will most likely find it eventually Rube, usually these things turn up. I suggest when it does, attach one of those anti-lost key rings to it, but be warned, they can whistle at the least noise which may drive you nuts.

Noooo! do't do that! Someone bought pretty much everyone in the family one of those as a stocking-filler gift. They we discovered that they responded to my voice...which caused everyone great hilarity, except me!

Reminds me of the smoke/heat alarms the electrician who did the pre reconnection certification check installed here.

When he had gone i started cooking. Fried potatoes; yummy You guessed?
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW He had put a heat alarm right above the has cooker... Cats went ballistic, dog went into orbit, I dropped the pan and dog landed andgot my food .... even worse it can connected with the other two he fitted and they all started screaming

I could not disconnect them as the roof is high but i all but killed the kitchen one with the axe.. and made him remove them weeks later.

That was pretty stupid! Yes we have issues with 'connected' fire alarms - one or other or both of them sometimes give a loud double beep when some lights switches are used. No one seems to be able to figure out what is happening, short of doing some serious carpet and floor lifting.

That was pretty stupid! Yes we have issues with 'connected' fire alarms - one or other or both of them sometimes give a loud double beep when some lights switches are used. No one seems to be able to figure out what is happening, short of doing some serious carpet and floor lifting.

He put three in; this is a very small dwelling. And I have very sensitive hearing and startle easily. When I told him he sounded very aggrieved. I let him leave the carbon monoxide alarm. Council regs he was folllowing. The one on the bedroom used to flash at me in the night :eek:

Terrible shock for you, the mutt and the moggie. Daft thing putting the alarm above the cooker. He probably never cooked a thing in his life! :rolleyes:

Why, with the battery operated smoke detectors, do they only start beeping to warn of low battery between 2am and 4am? Then you can't make out which one is beeping.

Our beeps started this morning at 7.30am. Luckily we had a spare battery.

Terrible shock for you, the mutt and the moggie. Daft thing putting the alarm above the cooker. He probably never cooked a thing in his life! :rolleyes:

The ESb engineer said the same...

My Christmas dinner was smoke alarm "friendly" and bacon etc?no way.. Made up for it later ;)

Our beeps started this morning at 7.30am. Luckily we had a spare battery.

That's almost a respectable hour. How did you train it to wait till then?

That's almost a respectable hour. How did you train it to wait till then?

I used a whip and a chair! :D

• Advertisement

I used a whip and a chair! :D

The chair I have. Where would one procure a whip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Leinster House.

garancafan wrote: »
    Leinster House.

That would be a party whip. I need an everyday whip.

So many possibilities...

So many possibilities...

For you maybe...

The chair I have. Where would one procure a whip?

I'm sure using what you may find around you in nature that you could make one almost immediately.......Instant Whip!

I have to step in here and demand of you no more of this talk of whips and things as my knees are starting to twitch and tremble. Can we please limit this chat to more urbane matters such as chocolate flavoured underwear....... :)

I have to step in here and demand of you no more of this talk of whips and things as my knees are starting to twitch and tremble. Can we please limit this chat to more urbane matters such as chocolate flavoured underwear....... :)

I....em.....but.....what.....why.....can....err....doh......

Chocolate flavoured underwear? Chocolate flavoured.......what? Chocolate flav....fla....what the...heck are you...? Awwww, fer-git-it! Lost-will-to-carry-on. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Chocolate flavoured underwear? Chocolate flavoured.......what? Chocolate flav....fla....what the...heck are you...? Awwww, fer-git-it! Lost-will-to-carry-on. :rolleyes:

if you want to JB you can have the strawberry flavoured type:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement