Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Happy birthday Looksee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Happy Birthday Looksee and all the best for the year ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Hi all.

Today I stumbled across this forum (there are so many on boards) by viewing a thread that I found in New Posts. I enjoyed it and started reading some more posts in the forum. I found them well written, thoroughly entertaining, and some thought provoking.

With a shock it dawned on me that this is where I belong. I'm still a couple of weeks short of my 48th birthday, and though I don't know what is considered the minimum age for inclusion as an oulfella, I definitely feel I belong.

So, if you'll have me, I'd like to hang around and mingle. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

O&O forum was concieved as a place for us oul-things but in reality it's more of an attitude rather then physical age thats the defines the forum. Welcome along, pull up a chair and give Nurse your list of meds. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looksee wrote: »
    My birthday today! Feeling a bit unnerved at turning 65, retirement on the horizon. Festivities will happen on Saturday when the family can get together, in the meantime off to work!

Happy belated Looksee, sorry I missed the big day, and I hope you helped yerself to OG's drinks cabinet, apparently it was all free issue yesterday.
    Hi all.

Today I stumbled across this forum (there are so many on boards) by viewing a thread that I found in New Posts. I enjoyed it and started reading some more posts in the forum. I found them well written, thoroughly entertaining, and some thought provoking.

With a shock it dawned on me that this is where I belong. I'm still a couple of weeks short of my 48th birthday, and though I don't know what is considered the minimum age for inclusion as an oulfella, I definitely feel I belong.

If you are bringing a box of Mingles with you, feel free to join in and welcome to the forum Rich. Can I have one of those nice all choccie ones please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Hi all.

Tut Tut....you're here for over 5 hours and not one person has offered you the customary welcome drink....O&O where's your manners??? :(

You're most welcome to O&O RDB.:).(or what would you like to be called here?) ...choose your poison....

CheersBar.JPG

Ah Jasus Cicero ........ that's uncalled for ......... so early in the day an' all. Yerra go on, feck it .......... I'll have a glass of Merlot. But remember, once opened it goes off quickly! Hope Rich D Berry opts for something else ....... don't want to be the cause of him having BLUE TONGUE and all that . And have one yourself as you're at it. Cheers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Spread wrote: »
    Ah Jasus Cicero ........ that's uncalled for ......... so early in the day an' all. Yerra go on, feck it .......... I'll have a glass of Merlot. But remember, once opened it goes off quickly! Hope Rich D Berry opts for something else ....... don't want to be the cause of him having BLUE TONGUE and all that . And have one yourself as you're at it. Cheers! :D
    how can anyone drink those designer drinks,nothing better than a bottle of captain morgan...yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, but i cannot find a way to stop the parrot from craping on my shoulder.and by god my leg is numb

Hi Richie dear, welcome. Try not to drink Old Goat's drinks - he gets very cranky if you do.

Did any of you come across my good dentures? I left them down somewhere and can't find them now. My old ones aren't great really...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Welcome r.d.b. I would have welcomed you sooner but I don't often drop into this thread 'cos it's a den of iniquity so it is!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Thanks all! I feel most thoroughly welcomed. RDB will do me nicely.

If that's the Cheers bar then I'll have a pint of Samuel Adams please (about the only decent beer I've found in the States). If that's a local establishment then it would have to be Guinness. Sláinte!

....... don't want to be the cause of him having BLUE TONGUE and all that .
    Nun of that now. :)
    getz wrote: »
    a bottle of captain morgan...
    7 year old Havana Club, neat and warm from a hipflask. It's yer only man.
    Alice1 wrote: »
    Hi Richie dear, welcome. Try not to drink Old Goat's drinks - he gets very cranky if you do.
    If you want to know what drink is mine, it's ALL of it. I'm ageing it for a year before I go on a life long blinder.

Thanks all! I feel most thoroughly welcomed. RDB will do me nicely.

If that's the Cheers bar then I'll have a pint of Samuel Adams please (about the only decent beer I've found in the States). If that's a local establishment then it would have to be Guinness. Sláinte!

A Guinness is it....:D

perfectpint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Welcome Red:)

Dont be misled by all the men in this joint. **pats chintzy sofa
    Sit down there and i will make you a nice cup of herbal tea

You'd probably be safer with Old Goat's booze than Ramy's eh "herbal tea".

*Ali hobbles away sniggering

Well I never! Last time I soak yer dentures for you Alice

Goodnight and Good Moaning! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Ramette wrote: »
    Well I never! Last time I soak yer dentures for you Alice
    my bulldogs running round with something funny in his mouth

• Advertisement

Welcome Red:)

Dont be misled by all the men in this joint. **pats chintzy sofa
    Sit down there and i will make you a nice cup of herbal tea

Watch out for Ramette R.D.B....she might sound inviting but all she wants you for is to massage her bunions...:p

Morning O & O...god ure a lazy lot ....:D

Me Lazy?

I am just sitting here in bed while I wait for someone to cook the breakfast. I don't want to get in the way of those busy cooking hands. (I think it is Alice's turn today isn't it?)

My Oh My Cicero & Rube have obviously had their Sanatogen this morning:D

Bit of a damp morning, and i was so looking forward to a bright frosty morning (sigh)

Truth is i need to study today and the fact that the weather isnt great means i have no excuse!

May be easier if you do it to music Rammy. Try a few songs from years gone by, there is a thred in here somewhere with a load on. Or pick a few for yourself. In Zaire by Johnny Wakelin is a good starting point for studying to I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Afternoon all :)

S'ppose you men will be watching the matches in croker... I look forward the commentary :)

Don't let Alice catch you eating in the sitting room with yet feet on the table.....

• Advertisement

Ireland play Wales tomorrow

today we have France v Italy

followed by Scotland v England

would ya be a dear and make us a brew?

6 Nations. Vive la France, vive le blu. It's got to be said that they look the strongest on paper for this year.

It would be my pleasure bbdbb
    Let me see now what will I brew.... Nettle, dandelion, chamomile.... Oh spicy chai that's the one for you!

think it through Ram

what goes in, must come out :)

Ah sure tis only a herbal tea bag, how much damage could it do?

• Advertisement

yeah, whats the worst that could happen eh?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/072009/1247140047_mushroom-cloud.gif

BBDBB you do exaggerate:rolleyes:
    Embrace your herbal side and drink up it wont kill you*:D

*it may cause revulsionconvulsions

Hey folks! Just out of the cot, kettle on, a few spoons of Lyons tea in teapot and the remainder of last night's Chinese going into the microwave :). And QPR V Wolves online in 2 minutes YAY! :D

Hey folks! Just out of the cot, kettle on, a few spoons of Lyons tea in teapot and the remainder of last night's Chinese going into the microwave :). And QPR V Wolves online in 2 minutes YAY! :D

Tea my ass.. bet you have cracked open a bottle of Merlot:P

Zamora scores on 24 mins Wehey!

get in!

Tea my ass.. bet you have cracked open a bottle of Merlot:P

No dear! Rarely before eventide. Had a good few last night as daughter and her hubby invited us over for food. The upshot was ......... she's with child - her first. :) Early days yet but all is well in the scans. They're ecstatic and so are we ......... so I akinda wetted the baby's head. Of course we're sworen to secrecy - the other parents are being told before the Superbowl. Tomorrow we have all HRH's aunts and uncles over for lunch and I don't know how I'll stop her blurting it out. Bless! Now, back to Loftus Rd

aww Spread.............ssssshhhhhhhh but :D:D:D

Best wishes to all those involved ;)

pleased for you
    :D

erm Cisse got a red card??????????????? ffs

BBDBB wrote: »
    get in!
    No dear! Rarely before eventide. Had a good few last night as daughter and her hubby invited us over for food. The upshot was ......... she's with child - her first. :)

*Snigger*

Congrats Spread that is wonderful news:D I may have to crack open the bubbly to celebrate on your behalf

Congratulations Spread...best wishes to you all...:)

• Advertisement

What super news Spread! Congratulations and every good wish to your daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Good news! We'll all keep your secret...:D

Goodnight and Good Moaning everyone :)

morning all

G'wan Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Chucken closed her account :eek:

Why'd she do that? :(

Because she can. And because boards is a democracy. Simple ;)

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

Morning gentlefolk
    Full moon tomorrow night, I think Alice has been practising a new routine :)

I was wondering on the sudden flurry of activity in the camera shop, and the arrival of a big brass pole.

Rubecula wrote: »
    I was wondering on the sudden flurry of activity in the camera shop, and the arrival of a big brass pole.

A big brass Pole you say...?

Pope-john-paul-ii-statue-St-Patricks-College-Maynooth-knock-ireland1b.jpg

• Advertisement

Jesus, I really am thick, I was looking at that picture for ages Cicero and I only just got it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement