Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT559 photography fees next year

Options
  • 02-03-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I would just like to know how much I should expect to pay in fees (registration and any other) as I am applying for 1st year next september. I have previously studied 1st and 2nd year in another degree course, but because it has been 10 years since I left I think I will be entitled to free fees. Someone told me if it has been longer than 5 years, then this is the case. Is this true?

Also, I am on VTOS at the moment on a fetac course, will I be entitled to Back to education allowance if I start in DIT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

EU Nationals who are first-time undergraduates and resident in an E.U. State for at least three of the five years preceding entry to the Institute are normally not required to pay tuition fees. You will have to pay a E2000 Student Service Charge an may have to pay for course materials

E: photography@dit.ie
    T: 01 402 3098 (Secretary)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9383/undergraduate-courses-other-than-categories-1-and-2-of-not-less-than-two-years-duration-/index.html

Assuming you didn't complete the previous course and you have been living in the EU then you don't have to pay tuition charges. You do have to pay capitation charges which is 2000 for next year (unless the new government changes this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Here's hoping they do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alpha&Omega

BC wrote: »
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9383/undergraduate-courses-other-than-categories-1-and-2-of-not-less-than-two-years-duration-/index.html

Assuming you didn't complete the previous course and you have been living in the EU then you don't have to pay tuition charges. You do have to pay capitation charges which is 2000 for next year (unless the new government changes this).

According to that link you gave, I may have some of the capitation fee (up to €1500 I think) paid if I qualify for a grant.

All the info on studentfinance.ie seems to be referring to the year 2010/11. Does it still apply next year, or have the budget cuts removed all hope of assistance?

• Advertisement

I contacted my local county council re: Higher education grants scheme, and their reply was as follows:
    Information on the new scheme will not be available until May/June of this year so you will have to go on last years figures and criteria for the moment. Forms for the new year will be available to download at that time.
    Looks like it's just a matter of wait and see.

Advertisement