Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car to buy??????

Options
  • 02-03-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new car and was going to get an EP3 Type R civic however I can't get insured on one. I have tried everywhere and only britton insurance will insure me but they want €2300 for TPFT which I'm not paying :mad:

So does anyone have any suggestions on what car I could get. I currently have an DC2 integra type r so I want to get a car with around the same poke as it. The highest litre I will go will be 2.2 and I would like to go up in the years so would like to be around a 02 onwards. I'm looking at a €6000 budget and finally I need to make sure I can get insured on it at a decent price.

Any suggestions????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,532 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Just being curious.
    How much is the DC2 costing to insure

• Registered Users Posts: 15 commander cool

Im paying around €1600. Not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Im paying around €1600. Not too bad.

On a Jap or Irish DC2?

Are you looking at Irish or Jap EP3's? Will your current insurer not cover you on the EP3? I haven't got a quote on an EP3, but I drive an Irish DC2 and my current insurer will insure me on a DC5 for an extra 100 euro

A Jap DC2. Was probably gonna get an Irish EP3 but my insurance company said that they won't insure me on it and I told them that its madness cause they already are insuring me on a "high performance" car so I thought it didn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

What age are you and how many years NCB?Is britton with a 4k excess like xsdirect?

• Advertisement

I'm nearly 24. Have 2 years named and 3 years personal NCB. I have no idea mate, it was just a quick quote online and it gave me that. I think I might call Quinn again and tell them that it's nonsense that they won't insure me when I'm already a member and am already insured on a type r.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

ring britton, the online quotes are useless.

Advertisement