Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The legend of zelda: skyward sword

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

More reviews...

IGN:
    10/10
    Joystiq:
    4.5/5

More here.

Goes without saying, lots of 100s. I want this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't wait, but somewhat at odds to that statement have decided to wait until Christmas to play it :pac: Have largely managed to avoid media coverage of it, so I'm hoping for a joy filled Christmas Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can't wait, but somewhat at odds to that statement have decided to wait until Christmas to play it :pac: Have largely managed to avoid media coverage of it, so I'm hoping for a joy filled Christmas Day!

I couldn't wait that long for it!!! D:

Here's hoping that you manage to avoid any spoilers!!!

I've been avoiding MOST of it! Read some little bits here and there where I thought it wouldn't be too spoiler-y!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The day all Zelda adventures must begin! Contemplating doing this myself

Not the worst idea actually. If I start Zelda next week, Batman and Deus Ex go on the back burner, and I still want to finish Assassins Creed Brotherhood before picking up the new one.

So many games, so little time. Need to take a week off work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I still have to finish off Batman, Disgaea 4 (which was sadly neglected for a while because of Dark Souls) and the fiendish addictiveness of DoDonPachi. More than enough to keep me going for a month. Zelda is the only one of the rest of the batch I really, really want to play.

Plus, you know, college and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The reviews for this talk highly of this game, even comparing it favorable to Ocarina. Will be interesting to see how true that is. Looking forward to this one way or the other.

Eurogamer -
    10/10

Superb review.... I don't think I can wait until Christmas any more. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't think I can wait until Christmas any more. :)

See the problem with Christmas, is that there's only maybe a week before you have to go back to school/college/etc; but you might be able to complete the whole thing in December, as opposed to half of it starting Christmas.

Either way, hopefully a day 1 buy for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Pre ordered this bitch, but still wont get to play untill i get a wii and also trying to avoid spoilers like mad aggggghhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pre ordered this bitch, but still wont get to play untill i get a wii and also trying to avoid spoilers like mad aggggghhh
    Zelda gets kidnapped.

SPOILERS :mad::mad: next you'll let everyone know link
    wears a green tunic
    :pac:

This game needs to come out now. I can't wait for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

The three part demo leaked online, played it, it looks like ****e on the Wii, so aliased, damn you Nintendo!!!!!! Using a component and everything... maybe its just not a great component cable.

Found the flying very hard, the boss fight was ok, don't like the villain, dungeoing is nice but again can't focus on the game cause the Wii (and 3DS in 3D mode while we are at it) is SO GODDAMN ALIASED WHY NINTENDO WHYYYYYYY

I was really looking forward to this :(

i have a major problem with the low res wii; it's probably from playing too many beautiful Xbox/PS3 games!

i wonder would it work better if i used the wii via scart cable and the 28" CRT...?

Might have to resort to playing on the downstairs 'tube' television as well! Will test it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Andy!! wrote: »

Found the flying very hard

Agreed. no instructions didn't help :pac: Supposed to tilt the remote upwards then jerk it down...

Final game is supposed to be better though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Holy hell, that is one great rendition of the fairy fountain theme :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

First part of the IGN review, didn't want to read any further in case of spoilers!
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the greatest Zelda game ever created. It's the best game for Wii and one of the finest video game accomplishments of the past 10 years. The game has once again raised the bar and forged new territory for an iconic and innovative franchise. It's not enough that it finally establishes a powerful, stirring origin story or that it features near-perfect pacing. What puts Skyward Sword over the top is its layered, dense, absolutely perfect gameplay that manages to not only nail motion-controlled combat but remarkably offers a stunning level of diversity
    C'mon Friday... C'mon!!!

Managed to get a finished copy from a fellow games developer that was at that games conference in Nottingham where they did the 25th anniversary thing... tis very very good so far, but I'm having to play it on an old CRT TV cause its so aliased. Great music and some great storytelling, I get the feeling its going to be quite long, been playing for maybe 3 hours and not even in a dungeon yet! Some of it feels like padding but its all good.

Managed to get a finished copy from a fellow games developer that was at that games conference in Nottingham where they did the 25th anniversary thing... tis very very good so far, but I'm having to play it on an old CRT TV cause its so aliased. Great music and some great storytelling, I get the feeling its going to be quite long, been playing for maybe 3 hours and not even in a dungeon yet! Some of it feels like padding but its all good.

Phew, for a minute there I thought you downloaded it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

settling down to play this now, been in the queue for a while but have been trying to prioritise

review up tonight or tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yeah its meant to be about 30 hours long if you just focus on the campaign, 60 hours + if you collect bugs, do sidequests, etc. :)

I cant wait to receive my copy. It should be here on Wednesday hopefully :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Phew, for a minute there I thought you downloaded it :D

Nah, physical copy here on my desk :) Also, Nintendo games dont leak early like American games typically. Least thats what I always understood, is that right? Something to do with who makes all the copies, the places COD and the like are mastered are like giant sieves! :rolleyes:

I'm debating whether to get my own copy, kinda want that special edition and I will have to give this back at some point :P Will see by the end if I want to play through it again.

Hoping to get more in tonight!

Nah, physical copy here on my desk :) Also, Nintendo games dont leak early like American games typically. Least thats what I always understood, is that right? !
    nintendo have been giving copies of SS to literally anyone with a website, blog, history of writing about games, and just about anything else

theyve gone absolutely ott with doling out the freebies on this one

Really? That makes sense... they were giving them out to game developers at private bashes at Gamecity last month http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/09/zelda-to-takeover-nottingham-uk.html

Would have loved to have gone to it but I didn't get an invite cause I dont work at a AAA games studio ;P

Nah, physical copy here on my desk :) Also, Nintendo games dont leak early like American games typically. Least thats what I always understood, is that right? Something to do with who makes all the copies, the places COD and the like are mastered are like giant sieves! :rolleyes:

I'm debating whether to get my own copy, kinda want that special edition and I will have to give this back at some point :P Will see by the end if I want to play through it again.

Hoping to get more in tonight!

I've seen it on usenet sites for the last few days. Not even remotely tempted I can honestly say...Zelda just has to be bought.

Oh most def'.

no chance of getting my review up tonight anyway. still way too much to do in the game. thats definitely a good sign anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This game is getting my GOTY nomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What is it about Zelda that seems to get gamers all hot and bothered? Now, get your giving out boots on, but i've never played a Zelda game, and i was going to get Twilight Princess but i'm not paying full price or near full price for a Wii launch game.

Advertisement