Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The legend of zelda: skyward sword

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Twilight Princess is a bunch of furfag nonsense. Get Wind Waker and Skyward Sword when it comes out.

(Its even better than Soul Reaver I'd say ;) )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What is it about Zelda that seems to get gamers all hot and bothered? Now, get your giving out boots on, but i've never played a Zelda game, and i was going to get Twilight Princess but i'm not paying full price or near full price for a Wii launch game.

Ha, yeah, that pisses me off. The game is what, almost 5 years old and it's dropped under a tenner in price? GET OUT! Same with Mario Galaxy/2 and New SMBW as well. Maybe it's because they're the proper games of a console littered with shovelware, so they still sell great and can 'get away' with it.

Wind Waker is the only console Zelda i've played and stopped playing it near the end (couldn't be bothered - wind temple) and picked it up about 8 months later to finish. Thought Twilight Princess was absolutely phenomenal. Playing that and Ocarina of Time 3DS, you can see all the advances/tweaks they've made since OOT. I'd highly recommend playing TP...if you can find it for a bloody reasonable price! Adverts.ie/amazon/ebay you go!

Hoping to have a spare €60 come Friday, I can't wait for SS! (although i doubt it'll be the 10/10 gaming experience i'm hearing, i'm sure it'll still be amazing)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

5p2CE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have a pre-order for this on Amazon but looking at it it's a bit too expensive and will arrive next week. Would you say I have a reasonable expectation of securing the motion+ bundle version in a shop (or at least a pre-order) this week? Seems likely given how comparatively little hype there seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Davidius wrote: »
    I have a pre-order for this on Amazon but looking at it it's a bit too expensive and will arrive next week. Would you say I have a reasonable expectation of securing the motion+ bundle version in a shop (or at least a pre-order) this week? Seems likely given how comparatively little hype there seems to be.

1 way to find out. :)

• Advertisement

Agreed. I'm sure if you went into town friday before the schools close you'll snag a special edition. Well that's what I'm doing, lol. Might end up paying an extra €5 or so for it though :( thems the breaks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I was thinking of calling Game et al and seeing if any of them were doing a midnight opening. First time I'll have bothered with that since the XBox 360 launch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ha, yeah, that pisses me off. The game is what, almost 5 years old and it's dropped under a tenner in price? GET OUT! Same with Mario Galaxy/2 and New SMBW as well. Maybe it's because they're the proper games of a console littered with shovelware, so they still sell great and can 'get away' with it.

Happens with all Nintendo published games it seems with a few exceptions. Really annoying because I want DKCR and Kirby but can't justify the price for them when I can get 3 games I missed out on 6-12 months ago for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Happens with all Nintendo published games it seems with a few exceptions. Really annoying because I want DKCR and Kirby but can't justify the price for them when I can get 3 games I missed out on 6-12 months ago for the same price.

I keep wanting to buy DKCR, but there's either something else I wanna get instead cheaper, or something new I'm keeping my money for.

1 way to find out. :)
    I don't have access to a time-machine though, so I'm not really sure what else to do.

Managed to reserve it in some sense at Smyths I think. Not sure if by reserve they meant it was booked out and they'd tell me when they had more or if they meant I should go in on Friday. I am not very good at this. Either way it's better than Amazon.

Supposedly Gamespot have loaded their review with spoilers for whatever reason, so I'd suggest it be avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Davidius wrote: »
    Supposedly Gamespot have loaded their review with spoilers for whatever reason, so I'd suggest it be avoided.

That's why I'm reluctant to watch the Gametrailers review!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ill get bundle pak on friday i already preorder from GAME it at the beginning of november and only €10 deposit

gamestop are not doing preorder deposits

gamestop want you pay full price for it accord to one of my friends because preorder it from gamestop and he had to pay €60 to his name down:mad:

so its safer do with GAME

I keep wanting to buy DKCR, but there's either something else I wanna get instead cheaper, or something new I'm keeping my money for.

Best bet is to periodically check adverts or ebay/amazon; got it for €35 about 8-9 after it's released; yet got MK9 from amazon for the same price a few weeks after release.

btw, the GT review has nothing I'd consider a spoiler, but since it comes out tomorrow, just wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

how much is it in game ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The GameTrailer review seemed quite negative, but than give it a really good score. Was kind of odd.

Kiith wrote: »
    The GameTrailer review seemed quite negative, but than give it a really good score. Was kind of odd.

That's my biggest problem with GT - they "internet" it up by complaining, despite giving it a great score. Happens all the bloody time!! If the game is 95% good, then the review should be 95% praise. I guess small things as well, like emphysis - "there are a few horrible noises but the rest of the soundtrack is great" as opposed to "the soundtrack is great, although there are a few horrible noises". Overall the soundtrack is fantastic, so get that point across, and THEN nit-pick.

IGN's review uses a lot of generic superlatives (which is great to hear) - but it's not specific enough for my liking. "It's great". Well, what about it is great! That said, it's probably best in a review if you're gonna play it, keep spoilers/points to a minimum...

Today is taking an eternity!

Just got the Gamestop dispatch email. Gonna be itching to get home tomorrow night to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Any idea where the cheapest place to pick up the game with Wiimote bundle would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

€60 in Gamestop.
    €55 on Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

nice review !

i got the dispatch email yesterday evening, but nothing arrived today in the post after i rang to check.

i have plenty to play and do for the weekend, but was looking forward to trying it out.

penguin88 wrote: »
    Any idea where the cheapest place to pick up the game with Wiimote bundle would be?

Gamestop said they only got enough for preorders but was able to pick up a Wiimotion bundle for €60 in Smyths this morning; popping in if ur around

A lot of Smyths stores say they're low-on-stock or out of stock on the Wiimote+ bundle on the website. Carrickmines claims to have some apparently.

Got mine delivered from Gamestop at around 11:30/12, dying to play it, but won't get to till around midnight! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so far so good, the story is very good i feel.

i bought me shield today and after my first battle it was destroyed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Tinie wrote: »
    5p2CE.png

****ing lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I booted this up and then turned it off. Going to finish dark souls first, want to give this one my undivided attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€40.49 in smyths with the loyalty card (wiimote bundle is €54) , keeping this for christmas though

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Didn't get here from GAME yet. Looks like it'll be monday before I get to play it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The pain of knowing this is going to be in my general living area for the next month, unopened and waiting for Annual Gift Day.

Advertisement