Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footballer kills owl during football match

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Firstly I do, Secondly nowhere did I condone the players actions. I merely chalenged two things you wrote. The first was the death and secondly the killing of animals. But not once did you convey maiming or torture the posts I replied to. You basically put it and I quote:

That is why I came back at you with the piece you just quoted. Next time make your feelings on the issue a tad more clearer. I hunt every year hence why I brought it up. All through your pieces you kept saying inflicting pain on animals. Killing an animal is inflicting pain and abuse no matter what way you look at it. Sure the end goal is different no arguments there.

The funny thing is you back tracked on the Death threats very quickly. First you condoned them and then you said they were wrong.

Its not really that funny its called taking reflecting and taking a informed decision, death threaths are wrong. I never thought they were right however I found it hard to feel sorry for the man involved, on reflection I considered the mans family.

The goal is one hundred per cent the difference, im asking you now if no matter what way you look at it killing and animal is inflicting suffering would you class a hunter in the same league as someone who beats his dog say?

Second of all I dont know how the fbi see hunting personally I know people who hunt to normally be balanced people if I met someone who kills for a thrill then i would have doubts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The goal is one hundred per cent the difference, im asking you now if no matter what way you look at it killing and animal is inflicting suffering would you class a hunter in the same league as someone who beats his dog say?

Of course I know the difference, Considering I was the one who challenged you about it in the first place I would have thought my feelings were obvious on the situation. Why do you think I asked you about hunting? Why do you think I challenged you about the way you conveyed your messages. My last message you just quoted even shows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Of course I know the difference, Considering I was the one who challenged you about it in the first place I would have thought my feelings were obvious on the situation. Why do you think I asked you about hunting? Why do you think I challenged you about the way you conveyed your messages. My last message you just quoted even shows that.

Ah right well i could have put it clearer, hope i could clear up m views on the subject.

I shoot birds all the time and think nothing of it. Crows, magpies, pigeons and gamebirds. Difference is I shoot to protect crops/eat. Having said that I'd never harm a bird of prey in any way.
    That guy is an utter wanker. I'd have found it hard to not get in his face over that.

Advertisement