Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how would u improve the game?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

smarter computer managers- plz for the love of god improve this 4 christ sakes....the biggest example is Man City but exists for every team in the game, they buy the stupidest players or players that make no sense for them to sign. instead of city targetting some world class player that they need(remember they can afford anyone they want) they go out and spend millions on randomers and then never play them. the problem with the games transger system is that clubs after a few seasons have no resemblance to the team that starts off in the game. i think this ruins the game to be honest as too many changes occur in 2 short space of time. i know teams can change quickly but normally this is because of a new investor(man city) or promotion or relegation but at the same time the signings the team make has a little bit of sense to them. this is easily my most hated aspect of the fm series!!!!!

ability levels i think more factors should come into play about a players ability. for example if you have a 22 year old in the conference if lets say you get a few promotions and end up in championship when hes like 26 it should be plausible that he improved as the players around him got better/facilities improved. examples of such players would be steve finnan and jimmy bullard.

managers-in the game its absolutely bonkers well least on my game it is. after 4 years in my game mancini had managed chelsea man city and arsenal embarrassed.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

well cmon guys haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

more stuff to add:
    1.academy system should be better- in editor i gave the rb academy in ghana 20 for everythig on facilities..in the game i holidayed to 2024 not one player of any note has developed from there...NOT ONE...perhaps it be different if i loaded the ghananian leagues but still thats a joke...there should be a good few floating around the leagues in europe..ok mayb not all michael essiens but decent pros.

media-should make a bigger deal out of things in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

An interaction with a player when dealing with contracts telling player his agent is interfering with contract demands and we are unable to offer a contract. Player can come back and get rid of agent or not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think the games need some warmth and personallity.

If your gonna add in Pre/post match interviews you might aswell do a good job at it. Same questions, same answers ALL the time. It might aswell not be there.
    It needs a HUGE revamp if they want to make it good. Needs alot more options/questions that change as your career furthers down the line, would make it alot more interesting.

Media, what media? once every few hundread years you might get a suprising and good "article" but most of the time its boring and predictable.

As always, that side of the game is their downfall.

What I liked about CM was the formation, you could move a player anywhere you wanted on the pitch, adding runs etc. Not a big deal but I just prefered it.

Would very very much like to have the skills and money to develope a competitor for FM. I can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I'd like to see a better youth system. Right now it's a random intake of players and hope they developed, things like trial days, feeder teams to the youths etc would be good. I'd like to see down throughout the youth academy, all the way to U14's or so if possible rather than just the 18s,

Unlike FM's obsession with throwing 50-60 million at me each season, I much prefer buying 2-3 good players that will last me a while and then investing a couple of million on the youth set up. One of the most enjoyable aspects of the game for me is buying that 15 year old for 300k, at 18 he's worth 3-4 million and then a few years later he's getting his first cap. It's much more satisfying for me to buy some young players, watch them come through the club and become legends than spend 40 million on some big name player and watch him smash in goal after goal.

A totally revamped media system as well with "dynamic" interviews. Being asked the same question week in week out is boring as ****, hundreds more options which relate to current events rather than "you beat team X last week, do you think you can keep your run going" for a few matches in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I agree with a change in press conferences but I think no matter how much you change the current system, after a while it would get repetitive as at the end of the day it is a computer game. I wouldn't mind if it got repetitive after a few seasons as some people only play for a few seasons before starting again.

I would also like more stuff to say during the team talks, I think it should depend on the size of the club and who they are playing. For example, if your going for the league title or in a relegation scrap and you are winning at half time, you might say something like "lets get a few more goals for our goal difference", just a few more things as saying the same 5 or 6 things every game is annoying. Also, more options to say to individuals, for example saying to midfielders "need to get stuck in more".

Would also like to see better stadiums, so not all stadiums look the same. Im not saying i want Old Trafford etc but a least a few similarities.

I would love to see teams buy different players. I've found Liverpool always sign Milan Badlej (sp), Chelsea sign Neymar and Manchester United sign Rafael Toloi. I would like to see teams sign a wide range of players and not sell the same players. City always seem to sell Tevez even though he finishes as their top scorer, De Jong, Kompany and Balotelli. It makes the game seem repetitive even though i'm starting a new game with a new team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I wouldn't mind if there was no new things in the next FM. If the game was bugless next year that'd be good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I'd really like the conversation system to get an overhaul. Whether it's press conferences or private chats - I'd be happier if I could pick the components of what I want to say, rather than a complete sentence.

I'd like a proper system for giving players feedback in private chats after matchdays - not just either you're great or you suck.

It'd be better if you could tell your out of form striker "your not scoring, but I'm not dropping you - reward my faith". Rather than just "you'll have to improve", as if he wasn't trying.

Also, for top divisions, continental competitions and especially for world cup years players should end up in tabloid controversies. A legal nightmare for the game devs I'm sure as they might risk virtually libelling players e.g. if every version had Balotelli portrayed as some kind of loon. But it could be an option for a new game to change players names or have a game with nothing but regens, and having to deal with personality based off the pitch incidents.

Advertisement