Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judas Priest & Queensryche 2011

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Got excited to see Priest and Queensryche are touring together in the UK this summer. Although the dates seem to be consecutive, so Dublin probably won't feature.
    Pity, this could have been a killer gig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Aaargh saw they were playing high voltage, and then touring. Thought this was now saying an Irish gig. I might only be able to afford the Sunday at Hv forDream Theater/Spocks Beard.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was looking at High Voltage too, might head over if I can raise the funds, seems to be a bit of concern with overlapping of acts though ...so will hold off till I see the official stage times(whenever that is?) Apparently theres a 10.30pm curfew to appease residents so could be a bit tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They could play Dublin, but it's a question of a suitable venue. I don't think they would be booked for the O2 again so soon. Maybe two nights at the Olympia or Vicar Street though I wouldn't expect Queensryche to join them if they were to play either of those venues.

Live at the Marquee in Cork is another possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Saw Queensryche 15 months ago at Hard Rock Hell, they were beyond woeful and were booed off stage.

Tate just talked crap between songs for 3 mins at a time, band just seemed to be going through the motions, and they were Sunday night Headliners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Got my ticket for Manchester, can't wait! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Gridlock wrote: »
    Was looking at High Voltage too, might head over if I can raise the funds, seems to be a bit of concern with overlapping of acts though ...so will hold off till I see the official stage times(whenever that is?) Apparently theres a 10.30pm curfew to appease residents so could be a bit tight!

the bitching and whinning that goes on in the HV forums about anything is nothing to read much into - there's always some overlapping at festivals like this - but if you were looking at wha'ts already been announced your only concern would be Prog Stage/Main Stage overlapping - so Spock's Beardwith one of the main stage acts Sunday and Anathema on the Sat - the Metal Stage will be announced next Tuesday.......

last year I did have to prioritise a bit, but they are running three stages over 2 days with a curfew - so you have to expect that a little......again if it's bands already announced nearly everything I want to see is Main Stage......so I'm not too worried.......

Advertisement