Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted house in Baltinglass ?

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

This is a story I heard years back. Anyhow this particular house had a reputation of being haunted and people in the locality stayed clear of it but apparently a group of English lads went into the house to investigate and made a hasty retreat when the ghost/spirit made it clear to them that they weren't welcome ! Anybody from in or around Baltinglass ever hear this story ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Can't say I do! Do you know where the house is exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

Can't say I do! Do you know where the house is exactly??

I don't know where exactly in Baltinglass this house is.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Sorry, bit of a zombie post but came upon this using the search function...

Anyway, there was an abandoned farmhouse on the "Green Lane", which used to be the residence of a family called the Grogan's (people generally referred to the house as "Grogan's") that was long thought to be haunted and everyone had some sort of story about it and there were some strange and unfortunate coincidences that happened to people who tried to buy the house. I did come across the house on a haunted places website awhile back. I think I have a book here somewhere with some history on the place.

But a few years back it was bought and renovated into a pretty nice looking house and I haven't heard of any supernatural going-ons!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Sorry, bit of a zombie post but came upon this using the search function...

Anyway, there was an abandoned farmhouse on the "Green Lane", which used to be the residence of a family called the Grogan's (people generally referred to the house as "Grogan's") that was long thought to be haunted and everyone had some sort of story about it and there were some strange and unfortunate coincidences that happened to people who tried to buy the house. I did come across the house on a haunted places website awhile back. I think I have a book here somewhere with some history on the place.

But a few years back it was bought and renovated into a pretty nice looking house and I haven't heard of any supernatural going-ons!

Yes that possibly is the house I heard about ! :)

Advertisement