Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to belfast

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys. I'm wondering if i can get some advice. I booked a hotel for 2 in belfast for mid april. My holiday is booked, now i just need to get there :P. When i checked the flights online, i couldn't find any direct flights from Cork to Belfast, and off the indirect ones were overly priced. I checked the railways and found they were overpriced as well. When i checked the bus Eireann website, i couldn't find any timetable because they don't have timetables 22 day's in advance, but i did check to see what the had this month and they do have a bus going from cork to dublin, and dublin to belfast the only problem is i can't seem to get a price. I have car so, the worst case scenario, is i will have to drive up.

Can anyone give me some advice on what my best option would be? :P

Thanks,
    William

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I think I'd prefer to drive. You could easily do the run in a few hours and you have the freedom to stop/divert as you please along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Manx2 are stopping that route after the crash.
    http://www.corkairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-02-25/Manx2_com_Announces_Withdrawal_Of_Belfast_Cork_Service.aspx

I'd much prefer to drive myself than get a bus. If the train is too expensive, there's no other option really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Gemma01

All the fares are listed here faresinfo Scroll down to "List of fares to and from Dublin."

A return ticket for one adult from Cork to Dublin is: €22

A return ticket for one adult from Dublin to Belfast is also: €22

Just noticed that although both trips cost the same return there is a few euros difference in the price of the single tickets for both journeys which seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Would it not have been wiser to have checked your travel options before you went booking a hotel? It's a long drive up there. If you haven't paid for the hotel I'm sure you could cancel seeing as the flights are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Ddefinately drive up, shouldn't take much more than 5 hours from Cork city without rushing too much. Go up once a year usually and it's definately the easiest option of the lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement