Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flagpole on top of the Dail

Options
  • 03-03-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Im just wondering, has anybody noticed that the flag pole on top of the Dail (The Kildare Street side) never seems to have the tricolor flying from it. I travel past the Dail everyday on the bus and I don't know if its slight OCD or something, but seriously , our national flag really should be flying from our parliament. Personally I think its a bit of a disgrace , has anybody noticed it or have an opinion on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Maybe its because their is no official Dail at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If you mean why isn't it flying on Leinster House the reason is because it only flies when the Oireachtas is sitting.

The Dáil Chamber is actually in the Victorian Extension off of the original mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Oh right, thanks for informing me guys , much appreciated :)

Advertisement