Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone App Developer Wanted

Options
  • 03-03-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

My company would like to develop an app that would be branded with our company logo and name. It would contain information relevant to categories that the user could choose. The content should all be contained within the app, and not direct people through their browser.

This is very limited detail but we are looking for someone in Dublin, Ireland who will be able to meet face to face for this project. This should not be their first project but they do not need to be an expert.

If you think you could do this, please PM me to arrange a meet.

Regards,

Duffle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pat McGet

Hi Duffle, did you ever get anyone to do this for you? I am looking for someone to develop an app also, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Hi there, I got a few responses but it never went ahead so cannot recommend anyone for you Im afraid.

All the best.

Duffle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Possibly not the best place to look here, its not really a community at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gomez_gomes

WELL ITS A TELEMARKETING COMPANY I WORK FOR....WE R DOING ANDROID & MOBILES APPS FOR AUSTRALIAN CLIENTS WE DEAL IRELAND AS WELL..SO HOW ABOUT TRYING US....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

WELL ITS A TELEMARKETING COMPANY I WORK FOR....WE R DOING ANDROID & MOBILES APPS FOR AUSTRALIAN CLIENTS WE DEAL IRELAND AS WELL..SO HOW ABOUT TRYING US....:)

Do you design all of your apps in CAPS too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

I am looking for an app to be designed too. Anyone feel free to PM me if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

If you could hook me up with a mac laptop and developer account I'll do it for free. I know you've specified that you want an experienced developer but I've been developing android and j2me apps for a while now and learning ios should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Sheeps wrote: »
    If you could hook me up with a mac laptop and developer account I'll do it for free. I know you've specified that you want an experienced developer but I've been developing android and j2me apps for a while now and learning ios should be no problem.

Sorry, but Java is a walk in the park compared to Obj-C.

Giblet wrote: »
    Sure the syntax is a bit tricky but you get over that in a short time and then it's just a matter of learning the sdk which is never too hard. I'd say a day or two of solid coding and I'd be proficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whats the cheapest hardware to get developing for these apps. 2nd hand intel macbook?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

BostonB wrote: »
    Whats the cheapest hardware to get developing for these apps. 2nd hand intel macbook?

Hackintosh. I've even submitted to app store with one. Although I bit bullet and bought mini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Giblet wrote: »

Really? I'm finding iOS dev really easy and hate android dev, I taught myself objective-C and was taught Java in college but just can't get my head around android.

Sure the syntax is a bit tricky but you get over that in a short time and then it's just a matter of learning the sdk which is never too hard. I'd say a day or two of solid coding and I'd be proficient.

Don't forget about memory management.

draffodx wrote: »
    Don't forget about memory management.
    My fyp inolved writing neural networks to classify high level strategy for AI in quake, all designed and written for efficiency from first principals in C. I can live with out a garbage collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

My fyp inolved writing neural networks to classify high level strategy for AI in quake, all designed and written for efficiency from first principals in C. I can live with out a garbage collector.

So?

So memory managment is not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

http://brightstarsoftware.com/

Damien may be able to advise you better, he knows his stuff and is active in the Irish iOS community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnnym65

Are any of you still looking for a developer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

So a really simple label page with a few buttons which I would charge maybe €200 to do, you want a €2,000 laptop and a €99 dev account. Sounds completely reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

hi all im looking for someone to develop me an app for apple/android if anyone is interested pm me

• Advertisement

lynp27 wrote: »
    hi all im looking for someone to develop me an app for apple/android if anyone is interested pm me

A bit more information would be great, like is it a big project or not? What features of the device must it use? Are you supplying graphics? etc....

It'll help people decide if they are right for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

its a big project it may use maps and location in the app but also i may be able to update it weekly.some graphics also

kjl wrote: »
    So a really simple label page with a few buttons which I would charge maybe €200 to do, you want a €2,000 laptop and a €99 dev account. Sounds completely reasonable to me.

If you've ever spent €2000 on a laptop I feel very sorry for you.

Advertisement