Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed Camera Signs

• 03-03-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone else seen the new speed camera signs going up, I saw 4 last night leaving waterford city heading for new ross, just as well to as there was a gatso van a hundred yards past one of them. Are these new signs been rolled out across the country as to let us know that there will be gatso vans/ garda cars along stretch's of the road network or just around bad roads and accident blackspots area's??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

They are all along the N11 in Wicklow and I've seen them in Bray and Arklow. Lots of vans out too. They seem to mean business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've seen lots of invalid type signs put up in Offaly, do wonder if there's any legal basis to them being there for the GoSafe vans...

(Offaly's ones are yellow diamond signs, the proper sign is a white square)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

MYOB wrote: »
    I've seen lots of invalid type signs put up in Offaly, do wonder if there's any legal basis to them being there for the GoSafe vans...

Yellow diamond means alternative route doesn't it?

Roryhy wrote: »

I meant they're on yellow diamonds, like any warning road sign in Ireland is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

MYOB wrote: »

Roryhy wrote: »

I think MYOB means these types which far outdate the new vans.
    It certainly looks like the new signs are there for alerting motorists that the new vans are operating in the area.

• Advertisement

Yeah, its those. Never seen them before last week but I've never driven those roads before then.

All the GoSafe sites are meant to be signed with the white rectangle sign, they've put them up for the one site in Maynooth but only at one end of the zone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

I saw a couple either side of Ballinalack and Rathowen on the N4 last week, hadn't noticed them before. They were the small black and white type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yeah, I've seen them too - haven't seen any speed cameras though. It could be a fabrication, kind of thing to intimidate drivers into slowing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

SeanW wrote: »
    Yeah, I've seen them too - haven't seen any speed cameras though. It could be a fabrication, kind of thing to intimidate drivers into slowing down.

The signs are popping up on the routes the new speed camera vans are operating in so there won't be fixed cameras.

at least they are being smart about it, speed camera sign and a speed limit sign on the same pole.

A few years back while traveling up north it annoyed me when i saw speed camera signs but nothing to indicate what the limit was

• Advertisement
Advertisement