Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get onto Google or Gmail on Laptop

• 03-03-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

can't access Google or Gmail on my laptop. I can on my iphone using the same wifi connection so

I have done scans, tried firefox but nothing works!

I am cracking up because I have alot of research to do and I cannot get onto google to do it properly!!

HELP please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭francois

A bit more info would help...is the page being redirected or going blank, can you access the internet, which OS etc

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

Sorry! I forgot to add that!

When I type it in It just says that the page cannot be displayed. When I click diagnose connection problems it comes back saying there are no problems.

It happened first with gmail and then with google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭francois

Can you access other sites?
    Check your hosts file in c:\windows\system 32\drivers\etc
    open the hosts file in notepad and see if there are any entries for google, if there are delete them
    check your internet settings to see if a proxy has been added (in firefox tools>options>advanced>network>settings
    See if you can access the net with a wired connection

Can you access other sites?
    yes everything else. although sometimes when i enter in an address i am redirected to an opendns website search page? If i click the back tab it then goes to the address i want to visit

Check your hosts file in c:\windows\system 32\drivers\etc
    open the hosts file in notepad and see if there are any entries for google, if there are delete them

I did this last night. nothing about google there at all.

check your internet settings to see if a proxy has been added (in firefox tools>options>advanced>network>settings

just checked there and there is no proxy server.

See if you can access the net with a wired connection
    i will have a look for my dsl cable and try this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There was a report on tuesday saying google had a problem with gmail. http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/03/gmail-issues-resolved-google/

• Advertisement

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    There was a report on tuesday saying google had a problem with gmail. http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/03/gmail-issues-resolved-google/

this is a different issue Lucy but thanks for posting :)

Advertisement