Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options
  • 03-03-2011 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

MOD EDIT: This is the ONLY Beady Eye discussion thread..

.. feel free to discuss the ban but any personal abuse will not be tolerated!

.. Oasis are better.;) Discuss :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

darrenh wrote: »
    Oasis are better.;) Discuss :D

What about them being both ****e because they're both fronted by the same dribbling, madferit ape whose pride in his ignorance is only outweighted by his ability to squeeze every single penny he can out of his fans whether it's through the reheated Beatles tunes he's peddling now or the 'mod' clothing range he has. Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

What about them being both ****e because they're both fronted by the same dribbling, madferit ape whose pride in his ignorance is only outweighted by his ability to squeeze every single penny he can out of his fans whether it's through the reheated Beatles tunes he's peddling now or the 'mod' clothing range he has. Discuss.

Musician in getting paid shocker :eek:

gustavo wrote: »
    Musician in getting paid shocker :eek:

I think musician is overstating it a bit, tosspot would be a more accurate term…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

To All the Haters Out There

Please take a step back from simply hating liam to realise exactly what this album is and who it is aimed at. This is a simple album aimed at grown up oasis fans that simply want to remember those summers spent with their mates listening to definitely maybe & What’s the story and the rest. That’s all it is. It will put a smile on every oasis fan out there. It’s for the people that stood with their mates in Slane and sang every word at the top of their voices while thinking of the carefree times spent with those people who are there beside you now or the people who couldn’t be there because they’re not with us any more or they’ve either emigrated or have a mortgage and have to work every Saturday or there was no way they could get away from the kids and the misses for the day. There are a loads or excuses but when we were all growing up together there was none.

This album isn’t designed to win new fans, It’s not aimed at 15-16 year olds now because those kids are different. I can’t see anyone who wasn’t an oasis fan picking up this album and thinking yeah, this a ground breaking new sound and this is going to be my band.

Bands are not what they use to be, Oasis / Bur / Nirvana etc, they are bands you follow like a football team. You’ll never grow out of them and no one will ever compare to your band because no one is ever better than your team, no matter which one you choose. Even if you haven’t won the league in 10/20 years you’ll feel that next season / next album will be the one that will make everyone else realise that you were right all along and shut them up even if this very unlikely to happen, we still hope.

If you a fan or one of these bands you’ll understand why people are so looking forward to and enjoying this album. Because it’s something new and then again very similar and it’s not another compilation or greatest hits. If not then you’ll never understand, you’ll never experience that new album feeling from your favourite band.

To all the haters, if you don’t get it you never will. To all the fans I’m sure you’ll join me in saying thanks for all the memories and tunes along the years and keep them coming because I one know they’ll put a smile on my face and there isn’t allot of things left that’ll do that for a tenner.

Thanks

Dave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I like Liam as as vocalist, but I dislike the sound of the rest of Beady eye.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They are just Oasis through the years though aren't they? Minus the talented one.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    To All the Haters Out There
    Please take a step back from simply hating liam to realise exactly what this album is and who it is aimed at.

Ah I wish I could but he's too much of a gormless twat.
    This is a simple album

Aye it is, a simple album made by simple people.
    aimed at grown up oasis fans

that's an oxymoron surely?
    that simply want to remember those summers spent with their mates listening to definitely maybe & What’s the story and the rest.

I would have thought it would have been easy enough to remember those halcyon days without paying money for a sh¡tty album to think 'Ah, remember when Liam Gallagher sang some half decent tunes instead of this cack…'
    That’s all it is. It will put a smile on every oasis fan out there. It’s for the people that stood with their mates in Slane and sang every word at the top of their voices while thinking of the carefree times spent with those people who are there beside you now or the people who couldn’t be there because they’re not with us any more or they’ve either emigrated or have a mortgage and have to work every Saturday or there was no way they could get away from the kids and the misses for the day. There are a loads or excuses but when we were all growing up together there was none.

Strange I thought it was released because Liam Gallagher wanted to carry on the pretense of being a 'rock and roll star' - Jesus, even the term makes me shudder…
    This album isn’t designed to win new fans, It’s not aimed at 15-16 year olds now because those kids are different. I can’t see anyone who wasn’t an oasis fan picking up this album and thinking yeah, this a ground breaking new sound and this is going to be my band.
    Bands are not what they use to be, Oasis / Bur / Nirvana etc, they are bands you follow like a football team. You’ll never grow out of them and no one will ever compare to your band because no one is ever better than your team, no matter which one you choose. Even if you haven’t won the league in 10/20 years you’ll feel that next season / next album will be the one that will make everyone else realise that you were right all along and shut them up even if this very unlikely to happen, we still hope.

I never followed bands like a football team, its a nonsense notion that seems to be the default setting of a lot oasis fans. Why would you reward a band for producing a mountain of piffle based on the fact that they had a couple of decent of albums at the beginning of their career.
    If you a fan or one of these bands you’ll understand why people are so looking forward to and enjoying this album. Because it’s something new and then again very similar and it’s not another compilation or greatest hits. If not then you’ll never understand, you’ll never experience that new album feeling from your favourite band.

I like Blur and Nirvana but it doesn't bring me any closer to understand why people would want to listen to Beady Eye.
    To all the haters, if you don’t get it you never will. To all the fans I’m sure you’ll join me in saying thanks for all the memories and tunes along the years and keep them coming because I one know they’ll put a smile on my face and there isn’t allot of things left that’ll do that for a tenner.

You could buy some quality pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The thread title made me laugh out loud. As was stated in the previous thread, let's try and keep this civil folks, don't insult each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

you are really showing your intelligence there aren't you old boy?

I think musician is overstating it a bit, tosspot would be a more accurate term

for who......? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

aDeener wrote: »
    you are really showing your intelligence there aren't you old boy?

How's that? I'm not the one that's foolish enough to buy Liam Gallagher endorsed 'mod' clothing…

for who......? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's difficult to string two posts together but obviously the tosspot remark was in reference to St. Liam 'Baboon face' Gallagher, patron saint of madferrit, potbellied, non-students who still sport Oasis haircuts in the same desperate way fellahs in their sixties sport Elvis quiffs…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

How's that? I'm not the one that's foolish enough to buy Liam Gallagher endorsed 'mod' clothing…

Pretty Green is decent clobber tbf fellah.

Pretty Green is decent clobber tbf fellah.

Maybe if you're into silk scarves and polo shirts but it's not my scene. I can't see any difference between this, perfume by the likes of Britney and Beyonce and Addidas clothes endorsed by David Beckham. Why would I want to dress or smell like an idiot? It's just celebrities trying to fleece you out of more of your hard earned money by buying into a lifestyle. Proper rubbish if you asked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Maybe if you're into silk scarves and polo shirts but it's not my scene. I can't see any difference between this, perfume by the likes of Britney and Beyonce and Addidas clothes endorsed by David Beckham. Why would I want to dress or smell like an idiot? It's just celebrities trying to fleece you out of more of your hard earned money by buying into a lifestyle. Proper rubbish if you asked me.

No one did ask you though, who gives a **** what you think of it or anything else youre ****eing on about in this thread.

Mods - why is this thread even here, its not a music thread at all its a rant against a person, fans of a person, clothes and whatever else this lunatic wants to get off his chest, it belongs in After Hours or Ranting and Raving surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Android 666 is sitting in his gaff in a full Nike tracksuit posting that, I bet.

;)

Android 666 is sitting in his gaff in a full Nike tracksuit posting that, I bet.

;)

Nah, I can't pull off the knacker look. Just a t-shirt and jeans for me...

nm wrote: »
    No one did ask you though, who gives a **** what you think of it or anything else youre ****eing on about in this thread.

Mods - why is this thread even here, its not a music thread at all its a rant against a person, fans of a person, clothes and whatever else this lunatic wants to get off his chest, it belongs in After Hours or Ranting and Raving surely.

Dear nm,
    Thank you for thoughtful reply, I was delighted by your wonderful way with words and turn of phrase. I am doing fine at the moment, thank God, and the doctors say they can lance the boil on my arse anyday now. It has been an awful burden but soon I will be able to sit down without the aid of a doughnut cushion.

In answer to your question, I have had no hand in setting up this thread but decided to take full advantage of the delightful opportunity to impart my words of wisdom on all things related to Mr. Gallagher because sadly in the other Beady Eye thread, people were getting most upset about the fact that others didn't share the same belief that Mr. Gallagher was an untouchable deity. I respected their wishes and decided to post my musings here. It is true that it is only vaguely music related as Mr. Gallagher seems to only have a vague grasp of music but such is life.

I hope the family is doing well and I hope to chat soon.

Regards
    Android

P.S. Mods: I hope you've seen that I've played nice and see no reason why the two threads can't co-exist!

Brilliant, and tell us, what did you have you breakfast this morning? Was it nice? Rating out of 10?

nm wrote: »
    Brilliant, and tell us, what did you have you breakfast this morning? Was it nice? Rating out of 10?

Weetabix and a cup of tea. It wasn't really special so I'll have to give it a decidedly mediocre 5 out of ten. But really this is going off topic shouldn't we be taking about the music and the fact that Liam Gallagher always sings like he's squeezing out a particularly painful ****?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I honestly think Beady Eye will die a death and Oasis will be back with a bang in 2013/14 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Oh God. Funniest post I've read in quite a while. :D I agree with everything you've said btw, Liam is a twat. I lost all credibility for him when he said he likes to wake up a minute before his alarm clock goes of "to wreck its head". You can't make this stuff up. :pac:

whoah man that is out there

Dear nm,
    Thank you for thoughtful reply, I was delighted by your wonderful way with words and turn of phrase. I am doing fine at the moment, thank God, and the doctors say they can lance the boil on my arse anyday now. It has been an awful burden but soon I will be able to sit down without the aid of a doughnut cushion.

In answer to your question, I have had no hand in setting up this thread but decided to take full advantage of the delightful opportunity to impart my words of wisdom on all things related to Mr. Gallagher because sadly in the other Beady Eye thread, people were getting most upset about the fact that others didn't share the same belief that Mr. Gallagher was an untouchable deity. I respected their wishes and decided to post my musings here. It is true that it is only vaguely music related as Mr. Gallagher seems to only have a vague grasp of music but such is life.

I hope the family is doing well and I hope to chat soon.

Regards
    Android

P.S. Mods: I hope you've seen that I've played nice and see no reason why the two threads can't co-exist!

i must say i really love how condescending you are thinking you are some form of genius, belittling other people's taste in music, which is entirely subjective.

the irony is spectacular.

take a bow

i must say i really love how condescending you are thinking you are some form of genius, belittling other people's taste in music, which is entirely subjective.

take a bow

He's just playing off the general intelligence of an Oasis fan.

whoah man that is out there

I know, it's not as saritorially elegant as wearing my nan's scarf over a leather jacket but what can you do!

take a bow

Is this Alanis Morrisette definition of Ironic? I'm lost...

If you like Beady Eye that's no skin off my nose. Why is it so hard to accept a differing point of fun? And if I poke fun at the stereotypical Oasis fan why should that be any skin off your nose. I'm not attacking you directly am I?

The fact is nm called me a lunatic for not like Liam Gallagher and I responded with a nice note. What's the problem there?

The fact of the matter is that on this thread they only people getting worked up are the fans. Hmmm, very odd...

take a bow

That's not ironic ...

Here's something ironic, though: you Oasis/Beady Eye fans go crazy and give out when we offer criticism in the other thread because you asked for no haters. Here's a thread that asks for haters and you come in here and spout you (albeit valid) opinion. It's also hypocrisy at its finest.

Is this Alanis Morrisette definition of Ironic? I'm lost...

If you like Beady Eye that's no skin off my nose. Why is it so hard to accept a differing point of fun? And if I poke fun at the stereotypical Oasis fan why should that be any skin off your nose. I'm not attacking you directly am I?

The fact is nm called me a lunatic for not like Liam Gallagher and I responded with a nice note. What's the problem there?

The fact of the matter is that on this thread they only people getting worked up are the fans. Hmmm, very odd...

of course you would be lost.

you are taking this throne of being somewhat smarter and more intelligent because you don't like something that is entirely subjective. hardly a sign of intelligence now is it?

t-shirt and jeans, jaysus how do you feel about liam gallagher regularly wearing that? you will have to change your style again

• Advertisement

I'm not attacking you directly am I?

No you're purposely indirectly antagonising him and others, with your condescending tone and ridiculous points which arent related to Beady Eye music at all, I suppose because this makes you feel intelligent or superior, which is in itself laughable (and is also ironic, in a non-Alanis way)

That's certainly not a fact that I called you "a lunatic for not liking Liam Gallagher", I was referring to your large ranting and raving about all things associated with him, and this threads very existence for same.

Hardly odd is it, it's surely the entire point of this thread in the first place.

Advertisement