Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

maybe not arenas, but then again I can't see Noel playing arenas either.

While I did say its debatable if Beady Eye will be playing arenas next year, I don't think its entirely impossible. Beady Eye may have another theatre tour next year and perhaps do the O2 and other arenas in 2013.

It will happen eventually just not that soon at the rate its taking them to enter the mainstream arena of modern rock/indie bands.

Noel I can certainly see playing arenas next year since the anticipation for his debut is so high and the songs we've heard so far are promising.

But its unrealistic to say neither of the two will be playing arenas in my opinion. Noel and Liam are too big in the public eye and too well known to spend their time in little venues like the Olympia every tour.

Liam will surely take longer than Noel with his new band as they are taking considerably longer to rebuild the oldschool Oasis fanbase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

anyone going to see them tomorrow in Belfast? i'll be heading along myself

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

anyone going to see them tomorrow in Belfast? i'll be heading along myself

I'm busting to go but I'm only back from Barcelona and skint:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

karaokeman wrote: »
    But its unrealistic to say neither of the two will be playing arenas in my opinion. Noel and Liam are too big in the public eye and too well known to spend their time in little venues like the Olympia every tour.

Just because you're well known doesn't mean you're popular…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/liam-sues-noel-as-oasis-brothers-continue-war-of-words-517130.html

Liam Gallagher is taking his estranged brother Noel to court for allegedly lying about the break-up of Oasis.

The band's former singer claims his guitarist sibling has released false statements about the end of the band, including a comment that Liam pulled out of the group's headline slot at the V Festival in 2009 because he was suffering from a hangover, and has served him a high court writ over.

In a letter sent through his lawyers, Carter-Ruck, Liam claims Noel's comments went "way beyond rock and roll banter", and were a slur on his professionalism and he is demanding an official apology.

Since he has received no apology, Liam is now taking the lawsuit to a High Court in London.

According to The Sun newspaper, Liam's letter states: "I have taken legal action against Noel Gallagher for statements he made claiming Oasis pulled out of the 2009 V Festival Chelmsford gig because I had a hangover.

"That is a lie and I want Oasis fans and others who were at V to know the truth. I was gutted when I couldn't play the gig because I didn't want to let the fans down.

"But the truth is I had laryngitis, which Noel was made fully aware of that morning, diagnosed by a doctor.

"I am used to being called all sorts of things by Noel and I have in the past said things about him. But what Noel has alleged this time went way beyond rock-and-roll banter and questioned my professionalism.

"I tried to resolve this amicably but have been left with no choice but legal action. All I want is an apology."

Liam and Noel's problems reached a climax a few days after the cancellation of the V Festival performance when they had a huge bust-up backstage before a Paris music festival appearance which ended with the singer attacking his older sibling with a guitar.

The brothers reportedly haven't spoken since and while Noel has gone on to record a solo album as Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Liam and the other members of Oasis have formed Beady Eye.

At a press conference to announce his debut solo album in July, Noel claimed Liam had blamed him for the negative media coverage that followed the band pulling out of the V Festival.

The guitarist said: "You know he didn't turn up to the V Festival gig because he had a hangover. He claimed he had laryngitis, but whatever. There was a lot of bad press around that and in his own head he thinks I'm some kind of f***ing puppet master who controls the media in England."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I wish I was going to Ireland's second city tomorrow to see them play. The Vaccines pulling out does make it slightly less appealing however and I suppose I have already seen them play live twice this year.

On the suing thing, I think that's a bit ridiculous from Liam. Noel should just prove that Liam was drinking the night before V!

Peggy will have to have a word with them both

I wish I was going to Ireland's second city tomorrow to see them play. The Vaccines pulling out does make it slightly less appealing however and I suppose I have already seen them play live twice this year.

There's a few gigs part of the Belsonic festival I wouldn't mind seeing. Primal Scream are on tonight, Beady Eye tomorrow, Elbow play next week and The Specials finish things of next Saturday. Feckin' raging I'm missing out this year.

Things are starting to get messy with the Gallaghers.

Yeah, seems like a pretty cool idea. Dublin should have something like that. I suppose Marlay isn't too far off but the idea of having it in the city is quite appealing.

Yeah, seems like a pretty cool idea. Dublin should have something like that. I suppose Marlay isn't too far off but the idea of having it in the city is quite appealing.

I went to the Weller and Kasabian gigs last year. Custom House Sq is quite a place handy place to put on a concert. It's central, handy for pubs, clubs, hotels and because it's flagstoned, there's no mud.

• Advertisement

Peggy will have to have a word with them both

The lack of responses about Noel and Liam's fued is worrying:(.

Did anyone see The Beady Eyes on Saturday then? Were they any good?

It appears that Noel has apologized publicly to Liam over his accusation that Liam pulled out of the V Festival from a hangover.

I know some people here will say its 50/50 but at least Noel admits when he's wrong. That does a lot for credibility.

Noel Gallagher apologises to Liam over Oasis split 'lie'

By Sean Michaels for guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 24 August 2011 10.49 BST

Former Oasis guitarist admits his brother pulled out of V festival in 2009 because of laryngitis rather than a hangover

With a lawsuit hanging over his head, Noel Gallagher has admitted he lied about some of the details surrounding Oasis' split in 2009. In a webchat on Monday, Noel conceded that brother Liam had laryngitis – and not just a hangover – when he cancelled what would have been their final gig, at the Chelmsford V festival.

"For the record, it is a fact that he was diagnosed with laryngitis and it is a fact that he had a doctor's note to prove it," Noel said. While this may seem like a petty detail, the laryngitis issue is serious. Liam said last week that he was suing his brother over the hangover "lie". The claim "[went] way beyond rock'n'roll banter and questioned my professionalism", Liam told the Sun. "I tried to resolve this amicably but have been left with no choice but legal action. All I want is an apology."

Noel has now said sorry. "If he gets offended by my opinions on such things then, you know, I apologise," he said. "But it's all getting very silly and a little bit out of hand and it's not very cool. But there you go."

"If he gets offended by my opinions on such things then, you know, I apologise,"

In other words, "sorry he got offended by my opinion that he was hungover at V; I'm not withdrawing it, I'm merely sorry if he took offensive." The press are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Hello boys, I'mmmmm back! Took fcuking long enough aswell trying to resolve that dispute let me tell ya!

Things are getting really messy between them! Although I did breakdown in laughter when I heard LG was suing Noel, its typical!

Did anyone go to Belsonic? I didnt have enough money to go after forking out E200 for a Noely G ticket for the Olympia! Really regretting not going now I have to say, I'd say it was deadly. The crowd at Oxegen were cnuts and kinda ruined the gig a lil bit, but LG was on top form and they sounded great.

Rumour has it:
    Reunion Tour in 2015.

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Did anyone go to Belsonic? I didnt have enough money to go after forking out E200 for a Noely G ticket for the Olympia! Really regretting not going now I have to say, I'd say it was deadly. The crowd at Oxegen were cnuts and kinda ruined the gig a lil bit, but LG was on top form and they sounded great.

I didn't go to Belsonic unfortunately:(.

I'd imagine it would've been good, Beady Eye weren't too bad at Oxegen now that I think back at it. I was at the back of the crowd so that's probably why the sound was so bad for me.

I really hope that Beady Eye's second album will come around early in the new year. Liam said they had finished most of the album but wanted to take a break leading up to christmas so hopefully there is nothing more to be done on the record just a little bit of tweeking and thats it.

Hopefully we will be seeing them at a few more festivals next year, perhaps not Oxegen again but Electric Picnic maybe? As much as I would love Beady Eye to return to Oxegen its unlikely with Noel as a possibility and you know Liam will evade any festival his brother plays, like that incident at the London hotel.

Was at the Belfast gig Saturday nite, not a huge crowd but there was enough for a good atmosphere. Got right up near the barrier so managed to get a good view.

The setlist was similar if not the same as the Olympia gig. I didn't hear any new b-sides or other new stuff. Liam seemed talkative enough.

Custom House Square is a great venue for a gig, good sound quality and right in the city centre, highly recommend it for a gig.

Attached are some pics from the nite.

172184.jpg

172185.jpg

172186.jpg

172187.jpg

Studio in February, album in the Summer. No time put aside for song writing but some songs already written. Beady Eye at Reading

More UK dates added for November.

11 November - BLACKPOOL, Empress Ballroom
    12 November - SHEFFIELD, O2 Academy
    14 November - BIRMINGHAM, O2 Academy
    15 November - SWINDON, Oasis Leisure Centre
    17 November - LONDON, O2 Academy Brixton

http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=292

Don't think I'll be making a trip over myself, they should have done another Dublin gig. Apparently LG is blaming Adele for DGSS not hitting number one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Apparently LG is blaming Adele for DGSS not hitting number one :rolleyes:

Who was #2 that week?

Surely Adele doesn't deserve all the blame because DGSS went to #3.

Dotsey wrote: »
    Listen carefully and you will hear Liam's voice is HEAVILY processed on the album to alter the damage it's taken due to his or lack of singing style.

I find it hard to believe its just now Liam has lost his voice.

Admitedly I didn't think he sang well at Oxegen but that is probably because the sound was terrible when I was at the back.

He sounded fine on DOYS with the high notes in The Shock of The Lightning.

I find it hard to believe its just now Liam has lost his voice.

Admitedly I didn't think he sang well at Oxegen but that is probably because the sound was terrible when I was at the back.

He sounded fine on DOYS with the high notes in The Shock of The Lightning.

Agree.

Liams voice is BETTER than it was at the end of Oasis. I remember being at Slane '09 and thinking 'fcuking hell, he's voice is ****e, ah well, LIAMO LIAMO LIAMO!'.

Plus he's off the booze 8 months now which has really helped.

Actually Liams abstinence from gargle hasn't been discussed, definetly taking a few points of his legend status for that. I always enjoyed his locked on stage ramblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Must say I think their gameplan is a terrible road to nowhere.. gig constantly, then immediately release another album when the tour is over without taking any time out at all to write songs, and then gig constantly again.

People are already getting sick of them, gigs become less of 'events' when the band is around all the time, Sometimes less is more.
    And they really should be putting everything into getting some quality material together.. whats the rush?

nm wrote: »
    Must say I think their gameplan is a terrible road to nowhere.. gig constantly, then immediately release another album when the tour is over without taking any time out at all to write songs, and then gig constantly again.

People are already getting sick of them, gigs become less of 'events' when the band is around all the time, Sometimes less is more.
    And they really should be putting everything into getting some quality material together.. whats the rush?

Hmmmm your comment makes sense alright, they are doing ALOT of touring but I'd put that down to the lads just loving the buzz of live performances! Personally I'd be delighted with a Beady Eye gig every month in Dublin!! :D

Ah man what are you on about, they don't need time to write songs! Not sure if you knew, but Liam Gallagher is the reincarnation of John Lennon, they songs simply fall on his lap! ;)...:D

nm wrote: »

Ah now I'm not sure about that one.

I actually prefer the idea of them touring constantly, that is a sign of commitment and it also means more and more fans will have that chance to see them performing live.

Personally I wouldn't go to another Beady Eye gig until they have new material out as mentioned previously that the Belfast gig had pretty much the same setlist as both Oxegen and the Olympia.

In case anyone wasn't listening out, this report may be or interest to some of you (certainly was for me).

It appears Beady Eye will be playing Oasis songs live but probably not until their third record;

http://www.gigwise.com/news/66378/Liam-Gallagher-Beady-Eye-Will-Perform-Oasis-Songs-Live

Ah now I'm not sure about that one.

I actually prefer the idea of them touring constantly, that is a sign of commitment and it also means more and more fans will have that chance to see them performing live.

Personally I wouldn't go to another Beady Eye gig until they have new material out as mentioned previously that the Belfast gig had pretty much the same setlist as both Oxegen and the Olympia.

In case anyone wasn't listening out, this report may be or interest to some of you (certainly was for me).

It appears Beady Eye will be playing Oasis songs live but probably not until their third record;

http://www.gigwise.com/news/66378/Liam-Gallagher-Beady-Eye-Will-Perform-Oasis-Songs-Live

Thanks for that Karaokeman! Got your PM! :)

Have to say it would be fantastic if Beady Eye played Digsys Dinner, Be Here Now and Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is at their gigs! :D I'm all for the 'unknown' classics rather than the most well known ones. Also, I can't see them playing any that Noel regularly sings in his solo sets.

They should start their gigs with Digsys Dinner, love that intro!

Honestly, I never got my head around the fact that Beady won't play I'm Outta Time, Songbird or Little James!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I have no doubt that at some stage they will play the Oasis tunes they wrote. Songbird,Turn Up The Sun etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGenius

Agree about them touring less and writing more. Not a fan of DGSS at all. A couple of 'good' tunes, a few average ones and quite a few sh*te ones. Like a recent Oasis album without the real quality songs.

Liam should stick to singing, or if he insists on writing, work with someone on his lyrics.. They are embarrassingly simple and repetitive.

Andy Bell is a capable writer, Gem I'm not convinced by, but he's written a few decent tunes.

Anyway, I'm new to the forum, hope I'm not making enemies. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Wasn't really feeling his jacket there at the isle of white. Criminal, did he get a lend of that from johnny logan? at least that ian brown burnt an england flag in front of an english crowd. whereas gallagher was proudly draped in union glory :/

Advertisement