Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

karaokeman wrote: »
    It appears Beady Eye will be playing Oasis songs live but probably not until their third record;

This makes sense, obvious enough. They'll be established as a band in their own right after 3 albums, if they hadve done it straight away they could almost have become of a sort of Oasis tribute act, everyone just waiting for the Oasis tunes to get played at the end of the night.

Again following the Ian Brown model.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Wasn't really feeling his jacket there at the isle of white. Criminal, did he get a lend of that from johnny logan? at least that ian brown burnt an england flag in front of an english crowd. whereas gallagher was proudly draped in union glory :/

Totally agree. What a scaldy jacket, thank fcuk he had the sense not to wear it in Dublin! :D I rememeber seeing the pics at thinking "jesus what a fool".

I'm not against England or anything, but I wouldn't even dream of wearing a tricolour parka / jacket ever. I reckon LG should stick to the union jack boxers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Listened to the Paris DVD and it's a pretty strong performance, best I have heard Beady Eye as a live act.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Temaz wrote: »
    Listened to the Paris DVD and it's a pretty strong performance, best I have heard Beady Eye as a live act.

Where did you hear it from? Is the DVD coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Can'tseeme wrote: »

Hopefully I would love a tour DVD.

This just in, Noel has once again spoken out about his fued with Liam.

Noel Gallagher on Liam fallout: 'Hopefully time will heal the wounds'

Wednesday, September 7 2011, 18:23 BST Add commentBy Paul Millar, TV Reporter

Noel Gallagher has revealed that he hopes his feud with brother Liam will "heal at some point".

Beady Eye's Liam recently sued his former Oasis bandmate, but the case was dropped after Noel apologised for claiming Liam pulled out of V Festival 2009 because of a "hangover".

However, Noel conceded that there is "no f**king chance" the pair will resolve their differences quickly.

Speaking to Grantland, the star said: "We never hung out together outside of the band, ever. Now, of course, at some point I'm going to have to sit in a f**king room with Liam again.

"Hopefully time will heal some of these wounds. But if you're asking me if it's going to be this Christmas - not a f**king chance."

On their relationship during their time as Oasis bandmates, Noel continued: "Maybe if I'd been a little more tolerant of his behaviour things would be different. But at some point he had to take responsibility for the f**king words he was saying.

"I have a circle of friends, and he kept saying things that were upsetting to these people. And for years I ignored it, because I thought the band was more important. But at some point, I just decided I'd had enough of this.

"And when things got violent, I left. There is no point in being in a ****ing violent rock band. That's nonsense. We've always had a different view of the band: I thought the most important part were the songs, and he thought the most important part was the chaos."

• Advertisement

Can'tseeme wrote: »

The album got a re release in Japan with the Paris Gig as a bonus dvd.

The audio rip of the dvd is doing the rounds on fan sites as a mp3 file.

It's a excellent performance, the band are on fire and Liam sounds great.

World Outside My Room and In The Bubble With A Bullet were played in Rome

World Outside My Room and In The Bubble With A Bullet were played in Rome

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Live gig on Muzu.tv at the moment. Liam's on top form!!

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Rumour has it:
    Reunion Tour in 2015.

OMG I seriously thought this was just another one of those "a friend of mine told a friend of hers" thing, but apparently that year is the nail in the coffin for an Oasis reunion.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/music/275619-liam-gallagher-up-for-oasis-reunion/

A long while to wait but hopefully but the High Flying Birds and Beady Eye will be established as successful bands in their own right by then.

• Advertisement

Beady Eye Want Bonehead On New Album

13 November 2011 06:45:13

Beady Eye have invited former Oasis guitarist Bonehead to record a track with them on their next album.

Beady Eye have invited Bonehead to join them on their next album.
    The group - which is made up of former Oasis members Liam Gallagher, Gem Archer, Chris Sharrock and Andy Bell - would have no problem working with the rhythm guitarist, real name Paul Arthurs, who quit Oasis in 1999 and was replaced by Gem.

Asked if they would record a track with him, Liam said: "Yeah man, why not? He's gotta bring his Freddie Starr wig along with him though. He's a geezer Bonehead, he's been to see some of the gigs."

Andy added to NME magazine: "Yeah, he's been to a lot of gigs. He's a lovely man. He's always welcome."

The group are ready to start work on the follow-up to their debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' and have promised their next record will be "life changing".

Liam said: "This one's gotta be like ... 11 f***ing classics on there. It's gotta be a life-changing record.

"I just think it's gonna be a bit more of a grand affair."
    Andy added: "Looking back on the first one, we know how we can improve it. I still love it, I still think it's great, but we can better it."

Contactmusic

Beady Eye may play Oasis songs when they next tour.

By Music Rooms on 25/11/2011 avw.php?campaignid=279835&cb=6789&n=af9a7bc9

The group - made up from the remaining members of the 'Don't Look Back in Anger' band after Noel Gallagher left - refused to play any of their former songs since forming and releasing debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding', but singer Liam Gallagher is now reconsidering this position.

He told US radio station Live 105: "The mentality is, Oasis was no longer, we believed, and still believe, in our album, and we're not going to play any old songs and we're going to stick to it until the end of the year.

"And maybe next time we go out, next year, with the new album, we could get a few in there - who knows.
    "But I think we've done alright without playing them. I've got no desire to play them at the moment to be quite honest, I've heard them enough. But, you know, maybe next year we might throw a few in there."

Noel - who hasn't spoken to his brother since he walked out of Oasis - has been playing tracks from the band's back catalogue on live dates promoting his new High Flying Birds project, but Liam thinks he has equal claim to perform the songs, even though his brother wrote most of them.

He added: "If I wanted to play them we'd play them, no one's stopping us from playing them, I feel they're my songs as much as Noel's , regardless of whether I wrote them."

Comparing himself to legendary vocalist Elvis Presley, he added: "It's like Elvis, you'd hate the guy who wrote Elvis's songs to be singing them wouldn't you? You wouldn't know what the f**k was going on. If I want to play them, I'll play them."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Never bothered getting the album , I thought theyd be crap once Noel Left. Got it yesterday because I was let down by high flying birds.
    The beady eye album is 5 times better , its like The early Oasis stuff .
    Blew me away , anyone know if they have another album in production or on the way.
    The single they had out was the poorest song on the album ,cant remember the name , loads of piano in it , and repeated lines<makes sense for a single but it wasnt there best one to release>. This was still a good song , but I reckon if they had of picked a different one it would have sold alot better.
    Bring the light , I thought the 4 letter word song would have been a better first single , great song .

Maybe Liam pulled rank and made his song the single , or maybe my tastes are completely different to everyone else.

Im laughing my head off reading their wiki and realising how out of touch I am these days, turns out 4 letter word was released as a free download.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

cloptrop wrote: »
    Never bothered getting the album , I thought theyd be crap once Noel Left. Got it yesterday because I was let down by high flying birds.
    The beady eye album is 5 times better , its like The early Oasis stuff .
    Blew me away , anyone know if they have another album in production or on the way.
    The single they had out was the poorest song on the album ,cant remember the name , loads of piano in it , and repeated lines<makes sense for a single but it wasnt there best one to release>. This was still a good song , but I reckon if they had of picked a different one it would have sold alot better.
    Bring the light , I thought the 4 letter word song would have been a better first single , great song .

Maybe Liam pulled rank and made his song the single , or maybe my tastes are completely different to everyone else.

Im laughing my head off reading their wiki and realising how out of touch I am these days, turns out 4 letter word was released as a free download.

It's a good album, it's just that Liam is considered an unintelligent knuckledragger with no ability atm in the media. He's the face of the group and therefore they've got alot of bad press. Even though the album got good reviews when it came out.

The choice of debut single was poor and The Roller isn't that strong. Also the band promotion has been pooor.

BONEHEAD FOR BEADY EYE!!

Liam confirms they will play Oasis songs.
    I feel they're just as much my songs as they are Noel's. And if people don't like it, go to the bar or **** off. If they do like it, jump up and down, let's have a good time."
    We're doing Fuji Festival in Japan, which is in July. And we will be dropping Oasis songs for anyone who's bothered.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/62617

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Liam confirms they will play Oasis songs.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/62617

It'll be interesting to see if they stick to Liam/Gem/Andy penned songs

Fago123 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if they stick to Liam/Gem/Andy penned songs

If they do throw in Noel songs, I pray to god we will finally hear a Liam-sung version of Don't Look Back In Anger.

I suppose all I can do is hope, admittedly it is unlikely. They should do another gig at the Olympia before the new album comes out, I need to see them again.

If they do throw in Noel songs, I pray to god we will finally hear a Liam-sung version of Don't Look Back In Anger.

Never happen, why in the.. No, that won't happen.

They will a couple of Noel-wrote songs probably but not definitely not Noel-sung songs. They're not a Noel Gallagher tribute band.

nm wrote: »
    Never happen, why in the.. No, that won't happen.

They will a couple of Noel-wrote songs probably but not definitely not Noel-sung songs. They're not a Noel Gallagher tribute band.

They will seem like a Noel Gallagher tribute band either way unless they stick to Oasis songs that were written by Liam, Gem and Andy. Noel has said it himself that he is Oasis and Oasis is him.

The fact is every Oasis song written by Noel is attributed to Noel, whether it be Wonderwall, Shock of The Lightning, Rock 'n' Roll Star, Cast No Shadow etc.

All in all, I am 99% sure Liam will not and will never sing DLBIA live, although I would love to hear it. It might be different with his aggressive vocal style, but I'm probably in a minority of Oasis fans who would want to hear it.

Noel has said it himself that he is Oasis and Oasis is him.

You've misunderstood that. "I am Oasis" ? There is no way even Noel could be that egocentric. Link please.

In my opinion they're doing this too soon, should have worked hard on a second album to get respect in their own right before going down this road. Also should have just done it, surprise at a live show, not this pre-announced stuff.

I suppose Noel playing them is what's forcing their hand but still, I would've waited.
    Ian Brown had 4 albums or something under his belt before he did Stone Roses songs again, so he was a respected solo artist in his own right.. worked for him.

• Advertisement

My bet would be that they play the Oasis songs THEY wrote. Id love to go to a Beady Eye gig and hear Turn Up The Sun or Songbird.

You've misunderstood that. "I am Oasis" ? There is no way even Noel could be that egocentric. Link please.

It was just before Oasis' run of three nights at Wembley Stadium, Noel claimed to be the said band who sold 70 million records worldwide.

Ian Brown had 4 albums or something under his belt before he did Stone Roses songs again, so he was a respected solo artist in his own right.. worked for him.

But Liam is not Ian Brown.

I suppose all I can do is hope, admittedly it is unlikely. They should do another gig at the Olympia before the new album comes out, I need to see them again.

Like he did at that Chesney Hawkes gig? :D

Liam Gallagher has defended his decision to play Oasis songs this summer.
    Some NME.COM users reacted angrily to the news, with Gaby Mckay writing: "While I'd love to hear those songs, this smacks of desperation," while Piotr Samyski added: "Confession of failure." However, the former Oasis frontman himself has hit back on Twitter, writing:
    Listen up squares we're playing them live not re-recording them so chill.
    http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/62634

It was just before Oasis' run of three nights at Wembley Stadium, Noel claimed to be the said band who sold 70 million records worldwide.

He's claiming that he'll never leave Oasis, not that he is the whole band and the rest of them are backing musicians which is what you're implying. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure this has already been gone over in this very thread, so I'm not going to again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Liam singing on Noels songs was just as inportant as Noel writing them . A solo Noel never would have made oasis as big as they were .
    I think Liam is due just as much of the oasis catologue as Noel is. Think of it beady eye could perform nearly every oasis song and nobody would notice Noel not being there.
    Ask Noel and his high flying birds could they do a credible performance of cigarettes and alcohol.
    Im in team Liam on this one and hope to bejaysus they do a second album .

Liam singing on Noels songs was just as inportant as Noel writing them . A solo Noel never would have made oasis as big as they were .
    I think Liam is due just as much of the oasis catologue as Noel is. Think of it beady eye could perform nearly every oasis song and nobody would notice Noel not being there.

^ all joking aside other than that, I'd agree with you, if someone tells Liam to take care of his voice he may still be able to belt out that 1994 performance of Cigarettes and Alcohol.
    Ask Noel and his high flying birds could they do a credible performance of cigarettes and alcohol.
    Im in team Liam on this one and hope to bejaysus they do a second album .

I'd say if Beady Eye and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds were to each play Ciggies each version would be missing something. Beady Eye's version would lack Noel's guitar playing (he's much better than Gem) and the NGHFB version wouldn't have Liam's whiny note holding on suuuuuuunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineee.

Matt Deighton standing in for Noel back on the year 2000 tour didnt go down well with
    fans if memory serves.

• Advertisement

if someone tells Liam to take care of his voice he may still be able to belt out that 1994 performance of Cigarettes and Alcohol.

You said earlier in this thread that you reckoned his voice was getting better with age?!
    Anyway, I'm not sure what the relevance is as cloptop was talking about the importance of Liam in breaking Oasis into the huge-time, of which he was pivotal.

I'd say if Beady Eye and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds were to each play Ciggies each version would be missing something. Beady Eye's version would lack Noel's guitar playing (he's much better than Gem) and the NGHFB version wouldn't have Liam's whiny note holding on suuuuuuunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineee.

Possibly, I'd rather Beady Eye do it then Noel though, not mad on Noel singing that at all. NGHFB should stick to DLBIA and the likes and Beady Eye do the likes of the above and Rock n Roll Star, maybe Slide Away or even Champagne Supernova.
    Hope they don't do more than 3 or 4 MAX per gig though and don't overdo it.

Hope neither of them play Live Forever either.

Advertisement