Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

nm wrote: »
    Possibly, I'd rather Beady Eye do it then Noel though, not mad on Noel singing that at all. NGHFB should stick to DLBIA and the likes and Beady Eye do the likes of the above and Rock n Roll Star, maybe Slide Away or even Champagne Supernova.
    Hope they don't do more than 3 or 4 MAX per gig though and don't overdo it.

Hope neither of them play Live Forever either.
    By the way autotune features quite heavily on Beady Eye's album which is how Liam's voice sounded good through it.

Noel's backing vocals are pivotal to how Rock n'Roll Star, Slide Away and Cigaretes & Alcohol sound, same with later songs like Lyla or Shock of the Lightning.

Beady Eye should stick to Oasis songs they wrote themselves like Songbord, To Be Where There's Life, I'm Outta Time, Turn Up the Sun, Born on a Diff Cloud

Temaz wrote: »
    Matt Deighton standing in for Noel back on the year 2000 tour didnt go down well with
    fans if memory serves.
    Beady Eye with Alan White in Milan 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

nm wrote: »
    You said earlier in this thread that you reckoned his voice was getting better with age?!

That was before I started listening to the Beady Eye album every day. I didn't want to believe Liam was using autotune but eventually I had to accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

So, Beady Eye are playing a small gig tonight and the question we all want answered is which Oasis songs they will play.

Liam has said the time is right for them
    "We're doing Fuji Festival in Japan, which is in July. And we will be dropping Oasis songs for anyone who's bothered".Gallagher continued: "The time is right now, without a doubt. We were always going to do it, but we thought the [Beady Eye] album needed to stand on its own

I suspect and hope it will be Oasis songs that Beady Eye members wrote themselves, Turn Up The Sun, Songbird etc etc

If they do play those tunes I'd most likely get a ticket for a gig.

So, Beady Eye are playing a small gig tonight and the question we all want answered is which Oasis songs they will play.

Liam has said the time is right for them

I suspect and hope it will be Oasis songs that Beady Eye members wrote themselves, Turn Up The Sun, Songbird etc etc

If they do play those tunes I'd most likely get a ticket for a gig.
    Yeah I'd rather than plumped for Born on a Different Cloud, Turn Up the Sun, To Be Where There's Life, Songbird, I'm Outta Time etc myself rather than songs Noel wrote

• Advertisement

They played both Rock N' Roll Star and Morning Glory as part of their set, it will be interesting to hear both without Noel's backing vocals and Gem playing Noel's two pretty much iconic guitar solos. And also a new song called The World's Not Set in Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Dotsey wrote: »
    By the way autotune features quite heavily on Beady Eye's album which is how Liam's voice sounded good through it.

Is he actually? I didn't pick up on it.

Is he actually? I didn't pick up on it.

'For Anyone' is a tune that has had some magic studio work done imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

When is the new album getting released? Does anyone know?

karaokeman wrote: »
    Well not according to this interview will Beady Eye only play the Oasis songs they wrote -> http://www.gigwise.com/news/69091/Liam-Gallagher-I-Might-Play-Oasis-Songs-With-Beady-Eye

Here is the main section of the article where Liam talks about wanting to play Noel's songs. He also hints at playing Noel's songs again because apparently he thinks Noel singing the songs Liam did lead vocals on is like Elvis' main songwriter (Mark James) singing Elvis songs himself;

Liam also insisted that he has the right to perform Oasis track despite most of them being written by brother Noel.

He added: "If I wanted to play them we'd play them, no one's stopping us from playing them, I feel they're my songs as much as Noel's, regardless of whether I wrote them."

"It's like Elvis, you'd hate the guy who wrote Elvis' songs to be singing them wouldn't you? You wouldn't know what the **** was going on. If I want to play them, I'll play them."

Point is Beady Eye went on tour without playing Oasis songs just so they could prove they had the b***s to do it. That's typical Liam Gallagher for ya:pac:
    Id bet my life savings it will only be Oasis songs that Beady Eye members wrote will be played.

I rest my case.

Liam is promising better tunes on the new album, and throws a dig at Noel.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/64668

"
    The first album came straight off the back of Oasis splitting up and we just wanted to be in a band again, so we just went straight in and did it. This time, we're taking our time a bit. We're not worried with having to be out there, we'll be there when the songs are absolutely bang on."

Liam is promising better tunes on the new album, and throws a dig at Noel.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/64668

"
    If Liam wasn't promising better tunes then he might aswell give up.

A large section of DGSS was wrote during Oasis sessions with songs like The Roller, Four Letter Word and Millionaire turned down off Oasis albums with The Roller being around since Heathen Chemistry so it will be interesting to see what body of work Liam, Gem and Andy can produce from scratch in a year when neither of them have a track record of being prolific songwriters.

Noel has spoken
    Beady Eye have my permission to play my songs and they should do whatever they like."I say he should go around the world, do those songs and fill out the PRS (performing rights) forms.”

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.ie/2012/07/noel-gallagher-doesnt-mind-beady-eye.html

Dear god.
    Liam Gallagher will perform a rendition of Oasis' classic 'Wonderwall' at the Olympics Games' closing ceremony, according to tabloid reports this morning (July 20).

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/65043

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this news, the "new arrangement" part sent a shiver down my spine. Where's No Way Sis these days.. surely they could stand in instead
    When Liam Gallagher gave up booze and started running five miles every morning, he wasn’t on the sniff for an Olympic call-up.

But it’s just as well he’s in top shape because the Beady Eye frontman has been given the nod to appear at the closing ceremony of London 2012.

The former Oasis star will perform a new arrangement of iconic Noel track Wonderwall with bandmates Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock.

David Arnold, one of the top producers in the world, has been in AIR Studio in north London this week working on a new, epic orchestral arrangement. And Noel can look forward to another tidy royalty check off the back of it.

A source said: “A couple of months back the Olympic production team got in touch with Noel about playing his part in the closing ceremony.

“Along with his manager, they thought long and hard about it. It was a big temptation, with 650million people expected to tune in on TV.

“But he knocked it back in the end — he has been on a great tour and he doesn’t really need to do it. The organisers asked Liam if he was game and he said yes.

“The Who are on the same bill, so he was well up for it.

“The team wanted something quintessentially British — a real flag-waving, singalong moment to show the rest of the world what this country has produced. Oasis were exactly that and, whether it’s Noel or his brother Liam, they just wanted a bit of rock ’n’ roll in there.”

Other acts in the closing ceremony include Kaiser Chiefs — and Russell Brand doing a turn with Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.

All performers have had to sign serious non-disclosure contracts to keep the big night a surprise.

Oscar-winning film director Danny Boyle has been overseeing the process, so it’s bound to be special.

On stage in front of 650million will also give Liam the chance to advertise his Pretty Green clobber — which will be getting Games organisers in a lather.

There’s also a good chance at least one four-letter word will slip out.

Wonder if they will play it on tour:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is Liam still on this health kick? I saw him pictured with a beer and a fag after Man City's league win.

Liam's having another pop at Noel on twitter. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I love the way both Noel and Liam always rubbish the idea of any potential Oasis reunion. I'd bet my life on them playing together again, sooner rather than later I'd imagine. Noel will push it, he's fond of money as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

ricero wrote: »
    fail
    That was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Had to laugh at the BBC news ticker after the Olympics had finished, it listed Oasis as one of the bands that had played the closing ceremony. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Thought theyd have done one of their own songs after wonderwall. Planners could have saved a fortune and booked nowaysis.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

I watched them at the closing ceremony, I though it was wrong of them to play wonderwall as it was an Oasis song. Beady Eye are suppose to be a completely different band. Yes I understand that Wonderwall was an iconic british song. Though it was still a good performance.

CUPimus wrote: »
    I watched them at the closing ceremony, I though it was wrong of them to play wonderwall as it was an Oasis song. Beady Eye are suppose to be a completely different band. Yes I understand that Wonderwall was an iconic british song. Though it was still a good performance.
    A good vocal performance by Liam, he hasn't able to hold the notes in Wonderwall for years but he still done well.

Pity only his vocals were live though the rest of the band seemed to be miming to a backing track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Liam Gallagher ‏@liamgallagher

"Bumped into the biggest cock last night at George Michael’s party, “behave” it was RKID ha ha LG x"

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭oceanmachine

Thought Liam did fairly decent after the first verse. Its a high song and he held the notes well. Heard him sing in marley park a few years back when he was very off form.

Thought Posh really let herself go ...

http://twitter.com/TheOceanMachine/status/235462375241818113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

New album on the way.

Really hope they take their time and make it a decent effort. The first one didn't stand the test of time too well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Interesting choice of producer, worked with TV On The Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs & Foals

Advertisement