Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Fago123 wrote: »
    Interesting choice of producer, worked with TV On The Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs & Foals

I'd like to hear the band to go down the trippy route.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Looking forward to this, I thought the first one was good

Looking forward to this, I thought the first one was good

Far too much filler on it imo. They need a producer who will tell them what's album worthy and what's not good enough.

Liam and Gem speak about the new album, sounds interesting.
    Liam Gallagher: "It feels like a really special album, You know when you normally go through a door. Errr, I'm not really sure about that... Well, we've f*cking booted the door of the hinges. We've steamed in... I hate the word experimenting, but we are definitely experimenting."

Gem Archer: "We've had a few mates in, there's been the sound of jaws dropping."

Liam Gallagher "We tend to work 12 to 12. Maybe have a drink at the weekend. But theres a lot of sage being burnt. keep out them evil spirits. That's Dave - you know what Americans are like. Scaredy cats aren't they? it smells nice though.

Gem Archer: "It's broader, wider, deeper. It's not stripped-down rock 'n' roll, that's for sure. The constant is Liam's voice and he's truly on form. He sounding outrageous."

Producer Dave Sitek on Liam's voice: "It's unreal. When you can just turn on a microphone and do nothing to the vocals and you're like, that sounds like a goddam record! It's one of those. It's rock band instrumentation, but it's used in a different way. There's a lot of slowed-down and sped-up and outer space. It's trippy. The Strength of the songs is so high that we got to be real playfull."

The album features some unusual instrumentation - including celeste, plus cymbals played with a violin bow.

Liam confirming to a fan that the new record is ready to go.

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/68609

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭drumslate

I don't mind beady eye, looking forward to hearing any new stuff they have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The lyrics are amazing!

No, I joke. Not too bad though. I'll have to give it a few more listens. Echoes of Stand Up by The Prodigy in there I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Not too bad at all.

Whats with the outro, whos speaking or where is it taken from?

Edit; found it on L4E forums. Its from a 1963 play called Marat/Sade;
    http://www.visualturn.com/post/6749712491/dont-be-deceived-when-they-tell-you-things-are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

It's a decent song, not great and not crap. I don't know if it's been confirmed as the new single yet but I would guess it's a sort of promo release similar to Bring the Light and not the actual first single because if it is then I'd worry for the rest of the album. Judging by the lyrics and the feel of the song I'd guess that Liam wrote it.
    It's Beady Eye's first album of actual new material rather than dipping into unreleased Oasis songs so it'll be very interesting to see what they come up with in a short space of time. Andy Bell has been the most experimental and interesting songwriter out of the three whereas Liam and Gem have generally followed the same path thus far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I like it.

I wonder if Andy Bell will be taking the bass again now that Kasabian guitarist Jay Mehler is on board?

Mick Lynham from RCA records tweeted that it's just an album track and the first single is called 'Kill Switch'

Batesy wrote: »
    I like it.

I wonder if Andy Bell will be taking the bass again now that Kasabian guitarist Jay Mehler is on board?
    I thought that myself but it been played down by a lot of people on other forums, Andy Bell was always a lead guitar player before Oasis and now in Beady Eye he is probably the main creative force so I'd expect him to want to keep on guitars rather than reverting back to the bass

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Excellent track. I hope we have more of the psychedelic rock that I think this band is capable of with Andy Bell songs and Liam's vocals. Can't wait to hear the rest.

from an interview Liam gave The Sun
    BEADY EYE didn’t spend too long coming up with their new album title.
    LIAM GALLAGHER and the boys have called their second release BE.
    Out on June 10, it is more experimental than their debut thanks to YEAH YEAH YEAHS and TV ON THE RADIO producer DAVE SITEK.
    Liam said: “Working with Sitek just opened something up in us.
    “He’s without a doubt the best producer I’ve ever worked with, a real outlaw.
    “He doesn’t give a f***, no rules. We had a new-found focus when we were writing it. We got our heads down and got our s**t together – clear heads.
    “None of that crap from the 90s. It feels like a really special record for us.”

"None of that crap from the 90s... this album is as good as, if not better, than Definitely."
    "I'm not just saying it's better than Definitely Maybe so you'll go out and buy it. That's not to say don't go out and buy it. Buy it if you want to buy it, if you don't buy it I couldn't give a sh*t."

Gotta love Liam

Liam tweeted some song titles

Flick of The Finger
    Soul Love
    Face The Crowd

Second Bite of The Apple
    Soon Come Tomorrow

New lengthy interview with the band.

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/music/liams-firm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

he wrote a song about noel on the album

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/69678

looking forward to hearing that

The songs on BE, in Beady Eye’s words

1. Flick of the Finger
    Deriving from an old Liam demo of a song called "Velvet Building" –
    Gem: “It was on cassette, that’s how long ago it was,”
    Liam: “We had to go first with it. I get a bit of an I Wanna Be Adored vibe.”
    Andy: “To me, it’s a Gimme Shelter moment.”

2. Soul Love
    Liam: “This started as a Songbird-y thing, but I changed it the night before we recorded it.”

3. Face the Crowd
    Liam: “Face the Crowd is just f*cking…”
    Gem: “…a banger.”

4. Second Bite of the Apple
    Liam: “This is the one Sitek changed the most… There’s a lot more magic on this album.”

5. Soon Come Tomorrow
    Andy: “One of my tunes, a bit of a quieter, slower thing.”
    Liam: “Great tune. Hendrix-y.”

6. Iz Rite
    Liam: “The Beatles on E.”

7. I’m Just Saying
    Andy: “Anyone longing for a bit of Morning Glory-era Oasis, this is for them.”

8. Don’t Brother Me
    Liam: “It’s a beautiful f*cking song and I like the title. I didn’t want to change it.”

9. Shine A Light
    Andy: “The intro to this we called ‘the Scarface bit’: like an old black-and-white movie. Very dramatic.”

10. Ballroom Figured
    Liam: “It’s a bit Marley to me: Redemption Song. Beautiful.”

11. Start Anew
    Andy: “My favourite vocal on the album. It’s an epic: starts off as an acoustic tune then ends up like Neil Young in Boca Juniors’ stadium, in 35C heat, with fireworks going off.”

Some big claims in there as usual coming from Andy Bell so we can hope for a bit of Neil Young, The Rolling Stones and mid 90's Oasis. Let's hope the album backs this up. Bring on June 7th when all will be revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

NME review of Flick of the Finger. A positive review.

April 16, 2013
    Beady Eye - 'Flick Of The Finger'
    A call to arms that confirms Liam was born to lead

Let's get something straight: there's not a single human being this side of the Statue of Liberty who isn't interested in what Liam Gallagher's doing. Whether he's running around Hampstead Heath (every morning at 6am), christening his cat ("Lazy Our Kid") or standing outside a Soho pub holding three bottles of Champagne (as seen in a recent tabloid story), you will look. Don't deny it. You'll definitely listen to at least 30 seconds of 'Flick Of The Finger', the trippy first taster from Beady Eye's forthcoming album, 'BE' – so named because it's the acronym of Beady Eye, but presumably also because it's the verb for human existence. Mega. Being curious about Liam is just a fact of life. He's described 'BE' as "****ing lairy cosmic". Well, if he'd scored Star Wars, 'Flick Of The Finger' would be his 'Imperial Death March'. A brass band takes us on a journey through Liam's mind as he first wakes up "with the moon and the room on the wrong side", then swaggers off towards the future. If you were going to follow any man into the unknown it'd be him. His call-to-arms here ("It's ahhhhhnnnn") confirms that he was born to lead. Let's not be daft and credit producer Dave Sitek for this. You can't hear Sitek. You wouldn't hear Krakatoa erupt over the sound of Liam's bravado. Anyway, is 'Flick Of The Finger' any good? Yeah. So, up yours.

Eve Barlow, Deputy Editor

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't know about Liam as a songwriter really. A lot of his work (not all) is quite mundane, simple songs which plod along in a simple structure, no bridge or chorus, they don't go anywhere.

Take flick of the finger for instance and remove the production and strings, It sounds like something a fourteen could come up with while messing about on an acoustic.

Liam can be very hit and miss. For every Songbird and Born On A Different Cloud there is a Little James or Bring The Light.

But the buzz this album is getting I think LAG have all pulled it out of the bag.

Why is there no vinyl preorder yet?

I got the High Flying Birds deluxe edition (vinyl/cd/dvd/mp3 download) for 35 Euro so I'm hoping there's a Beady Eye deluxe edition.

A bit odd considering the album is out in 6 weeks.

unkymo wrote: »
    Why is there no vinyl preorder yet?

I got the High Flying Birds deluxe edition (vinyl/cd/dvd/mp3 download) for 35 Euro so I'm hoping there's a Beady Eye deluxe edition.

A bit odd considering the album is out in 6 weeks.

Was there a deluxe edition that included the vinyl, or did you buy it separately?

It was altogether from the Noel Gallagher website. It was announced in July 2011 and delivered in October 2011. It was 37 Euro with delivery.

http://www.noelgallagher.com/store/eur.php that one?

Sorry, I'm not trying to drag this off topic, just wondering. #beadyeye #LADculture #football #avinit

Ya, the Special Edition CD/DVD + Vinyl - € 29.99 (and the delivery was 7 Euro to Ireland).

Deluxe cd copy ordered on Amazon. Just waiting for a vinyl copy to go up for sale.

• Advertisement

Amazon are selling them now. Doesn't appear to include the CD or an MP3/FLAC download

Advertisement