Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Amazon are selling them now. Doesn't appear to include the CD or an MP3/FLAC download

Got my deluxe copy on there, must be sold out. They will be selling them again in no time.

Clips of Second Bite of The Apple & Dreaming of Some Space

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't been too impressed with Beady Eye so far, I think Liam wrote his best songs while still in Oasis, like The Boy With The Blues and Soilder On. Dig Out Your Soul was my second favourite Oasis album.

The new single and b-side. Not that good imo maybe it will grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Pretty God awful stuff after two listens. Like the first song, definitely a bit of Primal Scream/The Prodigy in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

im liking it. it grows on ya after a couple of listens. Liams voice is good as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Not impressed at all with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It turns out that 'Dreaming of Some Space' is actually the album track 'Start Anew' backwards.

Someone has reversed it and put it up on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

First few plays of sbota I thought "is that it!?" But I'm now starting to get it. Defo a grower, give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I know record labels have a huge say in choosing the singles off a record but surely there's better than 'Second bite of the Apple' on there!

Lyrically it's pretty embarrassing actually.

'Flick of the Finger' is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The bass line sounded familiar, then it came to me.
    It's from Dirty Day by U2 (about 10 secs in).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

John Cadell called them up on this last week. He's a good lad. Not as good as our Liam though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Liamo and co can't write the stuff, tired old unimaginative ****e. Noel is the genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Damn the music sounds very similar to something that hasn't been mentioned, absolutely going to wreck my head now. Same kind of 60's reverb snare, very similar bass line, but more prominent wah guitar in the track I'm thinking of...gah!

Anyway, love the vibe of the music, but Liam sounds absolutely all over the place and mixed way too in your face for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

6 hours later I finally figured out which song it reminded me of...relived to have that out of my head!

In hindsight, not that similar, but it reminded me of it instantly nonetheless...and sure any excuse to post a good tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

God they were awful on Jools last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

niallo24 wrote: »
    God they were awful on Jools last night.

No way man! Have to disagree. You think this is awful?! It sounds HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I'm sorry but that is a great performance from the band and a monster tune.

They get their critics BE, I think people can be over analytical with them but I can't understand why people can't enjoy that.

Wow, Liam sounds awesome there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

The album leaked a couple of days ago. It was on the Greek Soundcloud website and as usual someone from the Live4Ever forums managed to rip the album before it got taken down a few hours later.

Its not bad, a big improvement on DGSS.

This is a great B side from Dig Out Your Soul, Liam wrote it. I wish Beady Eye would play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shakermaker321

Where will I be able to buy the album lads. I live in Kerry but make the trek up to Limerick every now and then. Are there any shops round that will see the CD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that is a great performance from the band and a monster tune.

They get their critics BE, I think people can be over analytical with them but I can't understand why people can't enjoy that.

I think a tune like that would sound great with a bit of Robert Plant action instead of having Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west, stepping up to the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Where can you buy the CD does anyone know? Will tesco sell it?

Where can you buy the CD does anyone know? Will tesco sell it?

golden Discs will have it if you have one near you. I'd say Tesco might sell it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shakermaker321

Temaz wrote: »
    golden Discs will have it if you have one near you. I'd say Tesco might sell it too.

Is there a Golden Discs around the Kerry/Cork region does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

There is a Golden Discs in Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork. Not sure about Kerry. I did happen to buy the last Beady Eye album in a Tesco on my way back from Kerry the day it came out though!!

Mahon Point shopping centre
    Wilton Shopping Centre and there is one in Merchant's Quay in Cork City.

• Advertisement

Having just listened to the whole album and then found the above song they have made a mistake not including it on the album

Advertisement