Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

nm wrote: »
    Android i've been over everything about you and this threads existence already, I'll not repeat myself.

No, you haven't. You accuse me of being a troll for simply stating or defending my opinion and that the thread's existence is purely to goad and antagonise people. It isn't, it was an alternative discussion thread, again I'll say set up by an Oasis fan. There's a reason why the Beady Eye fans are getting banned and that is because they are attacking the poster and not the post - everything that Boards is against.

You give out about the fact you want a no haters thread, you give out about the fact that there's a haters thread set up and then you give out about the fact that your Radiohead thread, specifically created to have no purpose than to be closed, is closed. Why all the hate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You give out about the fact you want a no haters thread

No I don't, I have never done that.
    you give out about the fact that there's a haters thread set up and then you give out about the fact that your Radiohead thread <snip> is closed.

Unless you are completely thick you must see that you have answered your own question. I only gave out about the double standard. Plain as day, read your own words.
    Why all the hate?

Much like you proclaim to have done, I am only reacting, not provoking. You are taking words out of my mouth, and replying to points I never made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Ah c'mon lads.

Why lock the other thread and leave this one open?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

No I don't, I have never done that.

Apologies. I thought you were complaining about not being able to have a no haters policy. I reread the thread and realised I was wrong.
    Unless you are completely thick you must see that you have answered your own question. I only gave out about the double standard. Plain as day, read your own words.

No, the Radiohead thread was created especially by you for the express purpose of trolling to prove a point and it was closed by the mods, the Beady Eye thread was not created to troll but to allow people the ability to express their opinion while avoiding winding up the overly-precious fans on the other thread. It failed miserably because neither side could stay on their own side of the fence.
    Much like you proclaim to have done, I am only reacting, not provoking.

By calling me a lunatic and a troll? Give over…

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah c'mon lads.

Why lock the other thread and leave this one open?????
    Read why I closed the other thread... this thread will be the ONLY 'Beady Eye' thread from now on.

This "haters crap" is childish, but I'm not having 2 threads open for the hell of it pissing each other off.

This is a discussion forum... not a creche.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Let's leave the 'hating' to those who do it best.

antomorro-sei, did they play sons of the stage? any good sites for the bootlegs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

Basq, if I went into the Sinnead O'Connor thread and posted a link to Alvin & The Chipmunks and repeatedly wrote how I thought Sineads music and career was a pile of ****e, what would be the outcome?

I'd guess that i'd be told to get back on topic and if I don't like the thread don't post. So tell me why is this "trolling" as it seems to be called tolerated on every oasis/beady eye thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sure they can.
    No they can't, without getting it in the neck from that Oasis Dublin fella and that Fishie guy.

dhmusic wrote: »
    Basq, if I went into the Sinnead O'Connor thread and posted a link to Alvin & The Chipmunks and repeatedly wrote how I thought Sineads music and career was a pile of ****e, what would be the outcome?

I'd guess that i'd be told to get back on topic and if I don't like the thread don't post. So tell me why is this "trolling" as it seems to be called tolerated on every oasis/beady eye thread?
    And once again.. this is the only 'Beady Eye' thread from now on. It's just so happens I left open a thread that was more negative than the other (but Live4Ever's comments spoiled that).

I couldn't care less if it's a "haters thread", "lovers thread" or "indifferent thread". I'd rather not wade through posts trying to find people who troll.

If there's something you find trollish or offensive from now on, use the Report Post (report.gif) and tell us about it.

Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

confirmed for oxegen!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Supersonic1993

BEADY EYE for OXEGEN '11 !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The best thing Liam did in Oasis was to not bother performing with them when they did MTV Unplugged. The songs sounded a lot better with Noels voice. Unfortunately Liam ruined even that by heckling them from the audience.

Beady Eye are an inoffensive enough band in my opinion. I wouldn't go out and buy the album but I don't think the music is absolutely terrible or anything. I don't think people would knock Liam Gallagher so much if he just stuck to singing rather than making moronic comments about other bands. If you're a musical genius you might get away with having a massive ego. If you make music that is, at best, mediocre you should shut up about other musicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Looking forward to them at Oxegen.:D

The Roller is my favourite off the album.
    I think/hope Noel will blow them out of the water with solo album, though.

The best thing Liam did in Oasis was to not bother performing with them when they did MTV Unplugged. The songs sounded a lot better with Noels voice. Unfortunately Liam ruined even that by heckling them from the audience.

Beady Eye are an inoffensive enough band in my opinion. I wouldn't go out and buy the album but I don't think the music is absolutely terrible or anything. I don't think people would knock Liam Gallagher so much if he just stuck to singing rather than making moronic comments about other bands. If you're a musical genius you might get away with having a massive ego. If you make music that is, at best, mediocre you should shut up about other musicians.

For what Liam has achieved with Oasis, I think it is unfair to say that he is a rubbish musician which is what you are realistically trying to point out.
    However this is essentially a Beady Eye thread and your views on Oasis and Liam as a musician should be pointed out in a different thread, for example the Oasis thread started by Live4Ever.

I am very excited to be seeing Beady Eye twice, their confirmation of Oxegen is great and it's going to get the Eye out there. This time next year they could be seriously going places. The album is excellent in my opinion.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Looking forward to them at Oxegen.:D

The Roller is my favourite off the album.
    I think/hope Noel will blow them out of the water with solo album, though.

Looking forward to Oxegen myself, it should be mega.
    The Roller is excellent I do agree. Have you listened to The Morning Son? It really shows Liam's flare for lyric's I think.
    Your comments on Noel are a valid point and I too cannot wait for his solo album, I expect it to be same old Noel, not that there's anything wrong with this. He wrote a lot of the stuff while still in Oasis.
    However I do urge you to keep on Topic mate

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Looking forward to Oxegen myself, it should be mega.
    The Roller is excellent I do agree. Have you listened to The Morning Son? It really shows Liam's flare for lyric's I think.
    Your comments on Noel are a valid point and I too cannot wait for his solo album, I expect it to be same old Noel, not that there's anything wrong with this. He wrote a lot of the stuff while still in Oasis.
    However I do urge you to keep on Topic mate

Great points mate. Nothing fishy about them at all.

Note to Fishy123 / Live4Ever / Supersonic1993:

We weren't born yesterday. We can reliable ways and means to figure out exactly how you are each and every time you open a new account.

By all means, keep on registering.. but we'll keep on banning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

For what Liam has achieved with Oasis, I think it is unfair to say that he is a rubbish musician which is what you are realistically trying to point out.
    However this is essentially a Beady Eye thread and your views on Oasis and Liam as a musician should be pointed out in a different thread, for example the Oasis thread started by Live4Ever.
    The OP said "Oasis are better.. Discuss." I discussed why I think Oasis were a better band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone know what day there playing oxegen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

If you liked the MTV unplugged gig listen to any of the gigs on the Stop the Clocks tour in 06/07, much better just Noel, Gem and a session drummer playing pots and pans. The songs take on a new meaning with Noel stripping them and singing them.

I liked the Beady Eye album but the single "The Roller" only charted at 31 and the album got to 3, if they were a normal new band and not ex-Oasis members with a ready made fanbase I doubt they would've hit top ten with the album. They'll forever just sound like Oasis, Oasis without Noel Gallagher is a bit like say The Who without Pete Townshend. The wheels will come off as Liam won't enjoy playing small venues and coming on at festivals at 4pm for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Dotsey wrote: »
    If you liked the MTV unplugged gig listen to any of the gigs on the Stop the Clocks tour in 06/07, much better just Noel, Gem and a session drummer playing pots and pans. The songs take on a new meaning with Noel stripping them and singing them.

Yep, have a few bootlegs of the gigs in my collection. This is sublime

zimovain wrote: »
    Yep, have a few bootlegs of the gigs in my collection. This is sublime
    The bootleg from Toronto is imo the best of them in terms of sound quality.
    "The Dreams We Have As Children" was a mastered one that was given away free in the Sunday Times and there was 5 other tracks from that gig available online, Weller played a couple of tracks on that one with them and there's a great cover "There Is A Light" by the Smiths on it.
    The Cabaret Sauvage version of "Wonderwall" was the best I'd heard and of course "Strawberry Fields", but nothing rivaled "Slide Away" in them gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/55517

having another pop at noel. but he does kinda have a point

I find Lyla to be one of their better videos.

ricero wrote: »
    http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/55517

having another pop at noel. but he does kinda have a point
    Take everything Liam says with a pinch of salt.
    Every interview he's getting asked questions about Noel and Oasis and I think he's getting fed up with it and getting petty with snide digs and sometimes black humour.
    TBH music videos are a thing of the past these days considering MTV dont even bother with them anymore. My personal favourite from Oasis was TIOBI which was excellent.
    Listening to the "Time Flies" documentary though Noel doesnt seem to have control over videos to the point he stopped being in them, they just gave them to directors to play around with.

MTV is all music videos since the channel reshuffle last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

baz2009 wrote: »
    MTV is all music videos since the channel reshuffle last month.
    Ah but Baz, that's MTV Music (which is a stupid name for it; Music Television Music), the actual MTV is in Entertainment at the bottom of the second page between Challenge and Comedy Central +1, which is where it belongs. ;)

Jaysus it is too. Shows how much attention I pay to it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lisa.mcelroy75

I'm so happy that this tune is gonna be a single - one of the best on the album! Can't wait to see them live in Dublin too. Gonna be mega!
    http://musicscene.ie/2011/03/beady-eye-confirm-the-release-of-second-single/
    :D

• Advertisement

'The Beat Goes On' would be a hit if released as a single!

Advertisement