Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

ricero wrote: »
    ffs move on will ya. everybody knows there classics but thats all i ****ing hear in this thread. beady eye and oasis made decent albums after the first 2 albums id tell you to give them a listen cause theres some ****ing belters on them.
    do you really expect a band to recreate a masterpiece time after time ?

its like hearing ****ing arctic monkeys fans these days harping on about how humbug wasnt as good as the first album. so ****ing what you cant recreate masterpieces again and again
    Chill out man, thats your opinion. Most people find them very mediocre, nowhere near classics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Cannot wait til Friday. The album has its highlights but there is some filler on there.

Does Android 66666666666 still knock about here? Thom Yorke is a nice lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone know where the Band will be staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Paddys Palace on Gardiner Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tonight is the night I can't ****ing wait to see sir liam grace the stage and ****ing rock n roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

oasis' first two albums were good. the first one brillaint. their 3rd the best but not a masterpiece. 2nd over-rated. 4th rubbish. 5th and 6th were good. 7 was useless. although theres some great singles in them all. the new beady eye album is actually surprisingly good. just got a free ticket to their friday gig so i had to listen to it

Liam Gallagher is a rock n roll god after last nights performance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he's nothing but a lowlife scumbag who thinks he's John Lennon reincarnated

and i'd just love to see someone give the cocky twat a good hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

A friend went to the gig and said it was fairly bad. Liam sounded awful and the crowd were apparently full of scumbags. Can't say I had high hopes anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Bonavox wrote: »
    A friend went to the gig and said it was fairly bad. Liam sounded awful and the crowd were apparently full of scumbags. Can't say I had high hopes anyway. :pac:

I was at it. Cracking gig.

• Advertisement

Well ur freind is clearly deaf because that's the best I've heard liams vocals in years he was on outstanding form all night. I saw no trouble in the crowd at all except for one idiot throwing keys at liam in which he threw backstage and told the dickhead he wasn't getin in his house tnite :D classic liam humour. It was 8 out of 10 for me. Roll on oxegen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

really enjoyed the gig last night, great to hear them playing some of the b-sides, sons of the stage was a great finisher!

it almost felt like the good ol' days again!

7/10 for me. Good gig nothing spectacular, was only about 70 mins long.. good to see Liam/Gem/Andy in an intimate venue. Having played at Slane 22 months ago to about 100,000 people I wouldn't have imagined seeing them in the Olympia so soon after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Great gig

Well ur freind is clearly deaf because that's the best I've heard liams vocals in years he was on outstanding form all night. I saw no trouble in the crowd at all except for one idiot throwing keys at liam in which he threw backstage and told the dickhead he wasn't getin in his house tnite :D classic liam humour. It was 8 out of 10 for me. Roll on oxegen

Now why would he go to a gig if he's deaf? I'll go with my friend's opinion over a person with awful grammar and who uses text speech. ;) Typical Oasis/Beady Eye fan profile, though, I guess. :p

Now why would he go to a gig if he's deaf? I'll go with my friend's opinion over a person with awful grammar and who uses text speech. ;) Typical Oasis/Beady Eye fan profile, though, I guess. :p

i had a ****ing excellent time and i was happy with the performance. thats all i can say about that as you weren't there and I was so :p

liam is a modern day rock n roll god

live forever

ricero

i had a ****ing excellent time and i was happy with the performance. thats all i can say about that as you weren't there and I was so :p

liam is a modern day rock n roll god

live forever

ricero

How do you know I was there and am just too embarrassed to admit it? This is a perfectly valid thing to do, and for the record, I wasn't there. Also, playing reheated Beatles songs doesn't qualify somebody as a rock n' roll god. Especially when said reheated Beatles songs reach 61, 114 and 31 in the charts.

I don't want to cause friction, but where's your diction bonavox?

I don't want to cause friction, but where's your diction bonavox?

... in my edited post. :p

How do you know I was there and am just too embarrassed to admit it? This is a perfectly valid thing to do, and for the record, I wasn't there. Also, playing reheated Beatles songs doesn't qualify somebody as a rock n' roll god. Especially when said reheated Beatles songs reach 61, 114 and 31 in the charts.

He has amazing stage presence the man is just a rock n roll god. he puts on one hell of a show and for an hour and half or whatever people can have a good time and go ****ing crazy thats why hes a god. the guy puts on an amazing show as does the rest of the band.

I think you just have a problem with the man himself your just the type of person that hates his personal life and thinks hes a scumbag so fair enuf.

anyway the gig was amazing i wonder how they will sound out doors at oxegen. i hope there in the tent myself personally it would be a better and more intimate show.

live forever

ricero

• Advertisement

That man up above has obviously got a crush on Liam. He's good but he's not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

He has amazing stage presence the man is just a rock n roll god. he puts on one hell of a show and for an hour and half or whatever people can have a good time and go ****ing crazy thats why hes a god. the guy puts on an amazing show as does the rest of the band.

Hi Nicole.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I think you just have a problem with the man himself your just the type of person that hates his personal life and thinks hes a scumbag so fair enuf.

anyway the gig was amazing i wonder how they will sound out doors at oxegen. i hope there in the tent myself personally it would be a better and more intimate show.

live forever

ricero

Liam's a knacker, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I went with some friends, really not my thing but I fancied a night out and they had a spare ticket.

I didn’t think the band sounded bad… but it’s not exactly the most interesting thing you’ll hear musically, neither were Oasis but at least they had some good pop tunes, that’s Beady Eye’s biggest problem, their songs are poor, so it doesn’t matter how they play them, besides the crowd chanted Liam all night as if he could have been backed by a karaoke machine and still have sold the place out.

The support band were ridiculous, I like some Garage Rock, a lot of bands on In The Red records and Nuggets stuff but Cheap Tricks (?) were horesh!t, a case of using a basic lo-fi sound to disguise a lack of songcraft, you’d be better off buying a Gories CD.

At one stage some lad behind me spilled beer all over his mate, blamed me and tried to start something, I tried to be polite and calm them down but they were tools about it, never happened to me at a gig before and I go to a couple every month, doesn’t say much for the average Beady Eye fan.

smokedeels wrote: »
    At one stage some lad behind me spilled beer all over his mate, blamed me and tried to start something, I tried to be polite and calm them down but they were tools about it, never happened to me at a gig before and I go to a couple every month, doesn’t say much for the average Beady Eye fan.

That is an absolute generalisation! I was at a Vaccines gig recently, an incident occurred over a spilled pint. I wouldn't label the average (whatever that means in this context!) Vaccines fan a beer throwing, fight starting knacker how and ever.

fontanalis wrote: »
    Liam's a knacker, full stop.

Did you know that paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact; there's no real evidence for it but it is scientific fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

went to the gig on friday and have to say was well impressed. wasnt sure what way id take them but they put a good show on and Liam still has it.

Did you know that paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact; there's no real evidence for it but it is scientific fact.

Yes, grown up crabs idea of interviews is swearing like a teenager and saying oh so controversial things about other people (at surprise surprise the same time their new album is coming out).

fontanalis wrote: »
    Yes, grown up crabs idea of interviews is swearing like a teenager and saying oh so controversial things about other people (at surprise surprise the same time their new album is coming out).

That's proof enough that he's a knacker for me so.

• Advertisement

That's proof enough that he's a knacker for me so.

Good.

Advertisement