Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wigwam9

That's proof enough that he's a knacker for me so.
    Its about the music,not about if he is a knacker or not. And I cant really see were you have the neck to call him a knacker. you dont know him. I dont have the right to call you a knacker as I dont know you. You just sound jelous. Hes a rock and roll king buddy.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

wigwam9 wrote: »
    Its about the music,not about if he is a knacker or not. And I cant really see were you have the neck to call him a knacker. you dont know him. I dont have the right to call you a knacker as I dont know you. You just sound jelous. Hes a rock and roll king buddy.:P

I was clearly having a go at fontanalis' suggestion that Liam was a knacker by making an equally unprovable suggestion! Read what I actually wrote :cool:

fontanalis wrote: »
    Good.

Uh oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

fontanalis wrote: »
    (at surprise surprise the same time their new album is coming out).

Oddly enough, promotion time is usually when people get interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

was at the friday night gig- was just brilliant, - rock and roll- enough said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Was at the Sunday night Ulster Hall gig. Excellent, Liam was in fine voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wigwam9

I was clearly having a go at fontanalis' suggestion that Liam was a knacker by making an equally unprovable suggestion! Read what I actually wrote :cool:
    Appologies my man,got a bit ahead of myself for a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That sounds like the usual Liam/Noel rhetoric tbf!

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/56288

the chap is funny and that statue is hideous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ricero wrote: »
    http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/56288

the chap is funny and that statue is hideous
    Nicole, you're always commenting on how funny Liam is almost like you're trying to convince yourself because you like his music. I've seen hundreds of interviews with him over the years and to me he's arrogant and up himself.
    As the nme link says "the former Oasis man"

Dotsey wrote: »
    Nicole, you're always commenting on how funny Liam is almost like you're trying to convince yourself because you like his music. I've seen hundreds of interviews with him over the years and to me he's arrogant and up himself.

Did liam break your heart ? Are You sad lonely depressed and listing to radiohead. Do you ave the phone beside you and waiting for someone to ring to see if yoUr still alive ? Ring the Samaritans they will listen about your problems. Live forever ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

shut up natalie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

fail
    :rolleyes:Just because it's bold, doesn't make it true. The guy sings like a foghorn. Loud and monotonous.

Johro wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Just because it's bold, doesn't make it true. The guy sings like a foghorn. Loud and monotonous.

He's no Susan Boyle (!) granted but he is not simply "loud and monotonous." Smaller venues also definitely suit his voice more.

Did liam break your heart ? Are You sad lonely depressed and listing to radiohead. Do you ave the phone beside you and waiting for someone to ring to see if yoUr still alive ? Ring the Samaritans they will listen about your problems. Live forever ricero
    Haha what's your obsession with Radiohead kid? you mention them that much I'm beginning to think you actually like them. Just because Liam slates them don't mean you have to.
    I have every Oasis album, every single, every dvd, countless live bootlegs and rare stuff etc. It doesn't hide that fact that I think Liam is up himself or that I actually have to like him. Noel is funny and comes across good in interviews but Liam doesn't simple as that, Liam is more about the image and tries to be the rockstar 24/7.
    The novelty of a new band and Beady Eye playing small venues and coming on at 6pm at festivals will wear out on Liam pretty quickly as his ego won't allow it. The album only hit number 3 and took 3 weeks to be certified gold (100k sales). Singles charting at 61, 116, 31.. only for they're ex-Oasis members they would be under severe pressure. Let's call a spade a spade, they're good live because they're excellent musicians but DGSS is like Heathen Chemistry already and just gathering dust.
    Btw just because Liam signs his messages on twitter with "Live forever" doesn't mean you have to follow suit but when you reach your 14th birthday you might break the obsession

Haha what's your obsession with Radiohead kid? you mention them that much I'm beginning to think you actually like them. Just because Liam slates them don't mean you have to.
    I have every Oasis album, every single, every dvd, countless live bootlegs and rare stuff etc. It doesn't hide that fact that I think Liam is up himself or that I actually have to like him. Noel is funny and comes across good in interviews but Liam doesn't simple as that, Liam is more about the image and tries to be the rockstar 24/7.
    The novelty of a new band and Beady Eye playing small venues and coming on at 6pm at festivals will wear out on Liam pretty quickly as his ego won't allow it. The album only hit number 3 and took 3 weeks to be certified gold (100k sales). Singles charting at 61, 116, 31.. only for they're ex-Oasis members they would be under severe pressure. Let's call a spade a spade, they're good live because they're excellent musicians but DGSS is like Heathen Chemistry already and just gathering dust.
    Btw just because Liam signs his messages on twitter with "Live forever" doesn't mean you have to follow suit but when you reach your 14th birthday you might break the obsession

you fancy noel so ;)

the beat goes on

ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Im in the same boat as you Dotesy, die hard fan as well and a bit tired of Beady Eye already. DGSS is a good album but it's already on the shelf gathering dust as you said. Back to 'Den Bosch 1997' it is!!

Temaz wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as you Dotesy, die hard fan as well and a bit tired of Beady Eye already. DGSS is a good album but it's already on the shelf gathering dust as you said. Back to 'Den Bosch 1997' it is!!
    Its a good album because I like the genre but for me it's already lumped in with the worst Oasis album (HC) and most of the later OCS stuff etc I have. Most of the songs on DGSS were submitted to Noel for the last two Oasis albums and were rejected and shleved, "The Roller" is around even longer nearly 10 years at this stage.
    If you treat Beady Eye as a new band like they want to be considered and forget they're 3 former Oasis members and a touring drummer it basically has the sound and feel of a mid 90's indie album trying to sound like Oasis.

If you treat Beady Eye as a new band like they want to be considered and forget they're 3 former Oasis members and a touring drummer it basically has the sound and feel of a mid 90's indie album trying to sound like Oasis.

I don't think it sounds like 90s Oasis at all. Nothing like Roll With It, Wonderwall, Rock 'n' Roll Star, Supersonic etc. More of a HC feel, as already mentioned.

• Advertisement

I like HC but I feel the songs are let down by the production. The best I have heard it described is as 'Murky'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm actually really impressed with the Beady Eye album.

Sure they're not as good songwriters without Noel but that doesn't make them completely talentless.

Liam is a good singer and certainly one who has improved with age. His voice also seems to suit some of the songs on the album, The Roller and Millionaire specifically.

It has a very rock 'n' roll vibe to it, with a bit a country in there and some heavy rock in the middle.

Chris Sharrock is also a fab drummer. He was a member of many well-recieved British bands, the Wild Swan's, The La La's, the Robbie Williams band to name but a few.

Although I am a bigger fan of Noel and will be more excited about his album than the new Beady Eye record coming out this year, I cannot say I am not a Beady Eye fan.

Still looking forward to seeing them at Oxegen so I will let you guys know how I get on when the time comes (less than 70 days left, getting excited already).

That's about it for me right now.

LiamOim telling it as it is again and I agree with what he's saying glasto has gone to the dogs http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/56528

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

LiamOim telling it as it is again and I agree with what he's saying glasto has gone to the dogs http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/56528

Come on, if Liam Gallagher said one ball in the nutsack was the way to go you'd be the first in line for an orchiectomy.

The NME publish this sh¡t because they know that the comments section under any scrap of an article involving LG and his pearls of wisdom will be chockablock with people either bemoaning what an unforgivable asshat the man is or people claiming that the Northerner who now lives in one of the poshest estates in poofty London and is so hard he designs his own clothes is 'keeping it real'.

The NME can then show the traffic to their advertisers to prove how busy the site is. Load of balls.

Seriously, who uses the NME to form their opinion on music anyway? The music journalism equivalent of the Daily Mail…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Meanwhile, Beady Eye are scheduled to play at a number of other UK festivals this summer, including Somerset House, T In The Park and Reading And Leeds Festival

Why is T in the Park cool but Glastonbury isn't?

Surely Jay Z carries more credibility than Kesha.

Is it just me or have Liam’s outburts got a bit random of late? The once acerbic singer, whose withering put-downs could effortlessly reduce opponents into comic epithets off the cuff, seems to be running out of stuff to have a go at.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=120&p=10252&title=why_liam_gallagher_is_totally_wrong_abou&more=1&c=1

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Re-Tuned

I think its time for Liam to drop the whole "Too Cool for School" Act.
    Its boring, I used to love Liam when I was in my teens, but now I can't stand him or even listen to him do interviews.
    There is no way he's like that to the real people who know him.
    Couldn't imagine his misses listening to him ****e on the way he does.

The Beady Eye album sounds like a bunch of poor Oasis B-Sides.
    They could have done something new, fresh, original, Pretty Poor Effort.

Come on, if Liam Gallagher said one ball in the nutsack was the way to go you'd be the first in line for an orchiectomy.

The NME publish this sh¡t because they know that the comments section under any scrap of an article involving LG and his pearls of wisdom will be chockablock with people either bemoaning what an unforgivable asshat the man is or people claiming that the Northerner who now lives in one of the poshest estates in poofty London and is so hard he designs his own clothes is 'keeping it real'.

The NME can then show the traffic to their advertisers to prove how busy the site is. Load of balls.

Seriously, who uses the NME to form their opinion on music anyway? The music journalism equivalent of the Daily Mail…

They nicely ripped apart Thom Yorke the other week. It's not the Irish Times of music mags but it isn't the Daily Mail either. I couldn't possibly comment on Glastonbury but if Liam and Noel agree it's caic then there is nothing more to be said!

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=146&title=radiohead_s_king_of_limbs_ever_get_the_f&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

smokedeels wrote: »
    Why is T in the Park cool but Glastonbury isn't?

Surely Jay Z carries more credibility than Kesha.

Good comparison of the two headliners there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Good comparison of the two headliners there!

Jay Z's wife is a headline act at T in the Park, is that a better comparison?

I'll be fair to Liam, it's hard to be a rebel when you've been compromised by success, my suggestion is that he drop the act instead of looking like a hypocrite.
    They nicely ripped apart Thom Yorke the other week.

They didn't, that's already been debated in the TKOL's thread over in the Alt/Indie forum so I won't rehash my comments here, but they really didn't, it was an aimless rant by a writer who feels threatened when he doesn't get something.

Advertisement