Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Basq wrote: »
    The Dora The Explorer haircut jab was great! :D

great locks sir liam has i will have mine soon

i always thought liam smashed noels guitar the truth is finally out

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/57731

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ricero wrote: »

Because Liam would never lie about something like that. Oh God no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

You thought wrong, becuase its been known since that night that Noel smashed Liam's guitar after Liam threw it at him. Then Liam went out to Noel's wrack and smashed up the red Gibson 335 that he always used

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Anyone see them at Oxegen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

In the pit liam put a lot more effort into the crowd interaction the time on stage etc.
    If the had played oasis songs they would have got great reviews but the unknown(to many) songs didnt appeal to artic and foo fans

Nowso wrote: »
    In the pit liam put a lot more effort into the crowd interaction the time on stage etc.
    If the had played oasis songs they would have got great reviews but the unknown(to many) songs didnt appeal to artic and foo fans

I was also in the pit. I thought they put on a good show, considering the quality of DGSS.

Unfortunately, some absolute pieball did his best to ruin if for everyone. He ran around attempting to start fights with as many people as he possibly could. The kind of moron who gives proper Oasis/Noel/Liam fans a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I thought they were quite poor really. Liam's voice wasn't in good shape and he was fairly boring onstage. Weren't half as good as Plan B, whose music I was even less familiar with

I was also in the pit. I thought they put on a good show, considering the quality of DGSS.

Unfortunately, some absolute pieball did his best to ruin if for everyone. He ran around attempting to start fights with as many people as he possibly could. The kind of moron who gives proper Oasis/Noel/Liam fans a bad name.

i was in the pit meself i thought it was a solid performance but i preferred the olympia gig.

also the pieball you referred to hit a mate of mine 4 digs to the face but got
    what was coming to him by a mate of mine. he caught the bastard some dig he nearly knocked him out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Liam has covered Blue Moon and it is possibly the worst cover version I have ever heard. Cringe central in the video when Liam is kissing the City crest.

• Advertisement

Temaz wrote: »
    Liam has covered Blue Moon and it is possibly the worst cover version I have ever heard. Cringe central in the video when Liam is kissing the City crest.

That video is pretty horrific alright. Can someone please explain why Two Shoes is wearing a helmet; what's the reference? I think the actual song is ok though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Hahahahaha… That is without doubt one of the gimpiest performance I've ever seen a band do. What's with the pelmet with the helmet?

Hahahahaha… That is without doubt one of the gimpiest performance I've ever seen a band do. What's with the pelmet with the helmet?

shocking video but a great cover by beady eye fair play to the lads for doing blue moon and to liam showing his love for his club. after years of **** there finally half decent

Absolute tripe..
    Sharrock follows Tranmere, Gem is from Sunderland and Andy is from Cardiff they have been acquiesced into playing this by Liam

Dotsey wrote: »
    Absolute tripe..
    Sharrock follows Tranmere, Gem is from Sunderland and Andy is from Cardiff they have been acquiesced into playing this by Liam

there big boys if they didnt want to do it they didnt have to. maybe they wanted to do it or maybe there isnt a pair of balls between the 3 of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Can someone please explain why Two Shoes is wearing a helmet; what's the reference?

Maybe its a reference to Liam nearly taking Noels head off with the guitar, allegedly, and he's just taking precautions :pac:

there big boys if they didnt want to do it they didnt have to. maybe they wanted to do it or maybe there isnt a pair of balls between the 3 of them
    I'd say balls could be the problem. We all know what happened to Alan White after he fell out with Liam

Gem and Two Shoes know they would be nobody without Liam. That really is a pretty pathetic way to exist in the world of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just reported today by the Japan Times.

Apparently Andy Bell thinks that Noel lied about why he left Oasis. He has declared that the fight between Liam and Noel about whether or not Liam could advertise Noel's clothing range on the tour programme was bull****.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/noel-gallagher-lied-about-oasis-split_1239747

This is going to go on forever, first Noel calls Liam a born liar and now Beady Eye are one by one calling Noel the liar. I wonder what the outcome will be when Noel speaks back:eek:.

In the words of God, "can I have everybody singing, "who the f*ck is Andy Bell?""

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just reported today by the Japan Times.

Apparently Andy Bell thinks that Noel lied about why he left Oasis. He has declared that the fight between Liam and Noel about whether or not Liam could advertise his clothing range on the tour programme was bull****.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/noel-gallagher-lied-about-oasis-split_1239747

This is going to go on forever, first Noel calls Liam a born liar and now Beady Eye are one by one calling Noel the liar. I wonder what the outcome will be when Noel speaks back:eek:.

Don't always take what Noel says as being literally true, he adds a spin onto things for the purpose of making it funny.

Andy Bell said there was nothing said about Pretty Green that night.. Noel never said there was but he did say it caused rows with him and Liam and it was kind of lingering in the air.

AB said there was three of them in the room.. Noel said he and Liam were arguing and AB was looking down at his shoes not saying a word despite being in the band nine years. It's mostly tit-for-tat.

The outcome will be Beady Eye will slowly fade from memory and will stay on the peripherals of the music scene where Noel will be successful. I cant see Beady Eye doing anything major, it's unfortunate and I'll still buy their music but it's just LG amd backing musicians in reality. AB was never one of Noel's friends anyway so it's not a surprise, Gem would be the one that closer to Noel and if Beady Eye don't push on I wouldn't be surprised to see Gem make the jump to play with Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Personally, I think Andy has a point there about Noel. I think Noel is very good in the media, he'll spin everything his way. But is not very good taking responsibility for his own attitude and behavour.

Regarding Noel's new song, It's not bad. But I've been reading some reviews and I think people are going over board about it. I'm hoping for better on the album/s tbh. Also, I'm sorry, this idea that it p1sses all over Beady Eye is just nonsense. Of the top of my head, honestly, I'd put Millionaire, FLW, The Roller, as better songs than that.

I really hope Beady Eye keep it going. For all the scoffers, DGSS still gets played in my car after 6 months, they were excellent live and look forward to a new album early next year.

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    Personally, I think Andy has a point there about Noel. I think Noel is very good in the media, he'll spin everything his way. But is not very good taking responsibility for his own attitude and behavour.

Regarding Noel's new song, It's not bad. But I've been reading some reviews and I think people are going over board about it. I'm hoping for better on the album/s tbh. Also, I'm sorry, this idea that it p1sses all over Beady Eye is just nonsense. Of the top of my head, honestly, I'd put Millionaire, FLW, The Roller, as better songs than that.

I really hope Beady Eye keep it going. For all the scoffers, DGSS still gets played in my car after 6 months, they were excellent live and look forward to a new album early next year.
    I find their music the opposite, to me it's all loud with attitude but with no real substance.

Noel is a very clever person and used the media for his own good a lot, he tended to do most of the Oasis media work becuase none of the others would step up to the plate.

Its always being well known that Andy and Noel weren't best mates, and I wouldn't take what Andy says at face value either. They all look after their own interests in interviews but Noel is just cleverer and wittyer than the rest of them and in a way he knows how to play the media game to sort of manipulate it.

Andy did say all the Beady Eye stuff was "new and fresh". There's at least 6 songs on the album that have been rejected off the last two Oasis albums and in the case of The Roller is been around 10 years. Noel's album will be similar in a way because a few of them songs have been in the working a while. Noel was the engine behind the Oasis machine so it will be interesting to see how Beady Eye get on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Really you can't blame Noel for being the propagandist he is. He was very helpful in the early days for raising Oasis' public image and that in turn helped them to sell records and gigs. And Liam in reality is the one who needs a wake-up call. Noel was right when he responded to Liam's claim that Beady Eye would become "bigger than Oasis". You can hardly expect that to ever happen when only a handful of Oasis hits were written by Liam.

Don't mind any of those songs. I like TDOYAM but its not the best song we've heard so far. Stop The Clocks is better than anything on Beady Eye's album and just from this song I have greater expectations for Noel's album.

It is still debatable whether or not Beady Eye will go on to play arenas next year. But I agree it will be a few years before we see an Oasis reunion. It will just take a while for Liam to see how impossible it really is for his band to compete with Noel.

I find their music the opposite, to me it's all loud with attitude but with no real substance.

Noel is a very clever person and used the media for his own good a lot, he tended to do most of the Oasis media work becuase none of the others would step up to the plate.

Its always being well known that Andy and Noel weren't best mates, and I wouldn't take what Andy says at face value either. They all look after their own interests in interviews but Noel is just cleverer and wittyer than the rest of them and in a way he knows how to play the media game to sort of manipulate it.

Andy did say all the Beady Eye stuff was "new and fresh". There's at least 6 songs on the album that have been rejected off the last two Oasis albums and in the case of The Roller is been around 10 years. Noel's album will be similar in a way because a few of them songs have been in the working a while. Noel was the engine behind the Oasis machine so it will be interesting to see how Beady Eye get on

Noel would do himself a favour if he took a bit more responsibility for his own actions at times. I'd say he isn't as innocent as he makes out.

I wouldn't take much notice to what was rejected of previous Oasis albums. Imo, the quality of DOYS is pretty poor, beside a few songs. FLW, Millionaire, Morning Son, Roller, TRC would all be better songs than alot of what's on that album. Plus I'm sure alot of the songs weren't fully completed for previous Oasis albums.

Personally, I think there is a fresheness to DGSS, I like the 60's rock n roll vibe to the album, having three songwriters contribute gives it more of a diverse feel to it. Andy, Gem and Chris are excellent musicians. Looking forward to what they can produce on the next album.

Really you can't blame Noel for being the propagandist he is. He was very helpful in the early days for raising Oasis' public image and that in turn helped them to sell records and gigs. And Liam in reality is the one who needs a wake-up call. Noel was right when he responded to Liam's claim that Beady Eye would become "bigger than Oasis". You can hardly expect that to ever happen when only a handful of Oasis hits were written by Liam.

No doubt Noel was the driving force and the hardest working in Oasis but I also think he behaved like a bit of a dictator with the rest of the band. Andy and Gem have said their songs weren't given much of a chance in the band at times.

Beady Eye will never be as big as Oasis, Liam is just spouting off. But I like the idea of several band members making songwriting contributions and look forward to hearing what they come up with next. It's refreshing to hear Liam singing more songs from Andy and Gem. The thing with Noel is he isn't a lyricist and has an awful habit of using the same feckin words (sun, shine, shining, sunshine, soul, dream, heaven help me) and it can make his music sound tired. But he can still write a tune and with good production behind him, I look forward to his new stuff coming out.

Don't mind any of those songs. I like TDOYAM but its not the best song we've heard so far. Stop The Clocks is better than anything on Beady Eye's album and just from this song I have greater expectations for Noel's album.

You can't be serious regarding the Stop the Clocks demo being better than anything on DGSS. But I'll look forward to hearing the finished track oon the album.

It is still debatable whether or not Beady Eye will go on to play arenas next year. But I agree it will be a few years before we see an Oasis reunion. It will just take a while for Liam to see how impossible it really is for his band to compete with Noel.

TBH, I'd be happy enough if they stick to the smaller venues. Arena gigs are overrated.

I don't get this idea of competing with each other. I like the fact we're getting twice the output now from Beady Eye and Noel compared to Oasis. An album from each this year and next year is great, looking forward to it. I've been a fan of Andy Bell's stuff in Ride, Hurricane No.1 and Oasis

Noel would do himself a favour if he took a bit more responsibility for his own actions at times. I'd say he isn't as innocent as he makes out.

I wouldn't take much notice to what was rejected of previous Oasis albums. Imo, the quality of DOYS is pretty poor, beside a few songs. FLW, Millionaire, Morning Son, Roller, TRC would all be better songs than alot of what's on that album. Plus I'm sure alot of the songs weren't fully completed for previous Oasis albums.

Personally, I think there is a fresheness to DGSS, I like the 60's rock n roll vibe to the album, having three songwriters contribute gives it more of a diverse feel to it. Andy, Gem and Chris are excellent musicians. Looking forward to what they can produce on the next album.

DOYS is top album until the end of track 7 and which Noel didn't contribute one song after that point. It has an excellent running order until that point with songs running into each other like Bag It Up and The Turning, WFTR and TSOTL.. the first half is maybe let down by High Horse Lady but when you listen to the album in its running order that song is mainly used as an intro and build up to the fantastic Falling Down.

I personally don't think DGSS has a freshness to it all, it's a return to type I can even hear a bit of Heathen Chemistry in there just with better production. It's basically a mid 90's indie album, something of which Ocean Colour Scene have done countless times and regularly sticking out the same sounding album and not being able to alter the sound or dynamic. Listen carefully and you will hear Liam's voice is HEAVILY processed on the album to alter the damage it's taken due to his or lack of singing style. Beady Eye will only ever be an Oasis tribute band because their sound won't change one bit.

The second Beady Eye album will be interesting, because they have little or no songs left on the shelf. What's on DGSS is their best from the last 10 years and I wonder with Noel already having a second album all but done will they rush it to get there before him. As far as I know Millionaire was pencilled in along with a Noel song Come On (It's Alright) for DOYS but Liam wouldn't put down a vocal track due to him leaving the studios in LA to return home. A lot of the other songs have been around and the titles were well known, according to what I've heard when Oasis met up for a new album it was generally decided Noel would contribute half and Liam/Andy/Gem would offer their two best songs each to make up the other half and they went from there.

I fully agree with Noel not being innocent in the break up and as I said he's a master of spin and knows how to manipulate the press to always show him in the best light possible. Noel is lot clever and wittier than the rest of the band and has used this to his advantage and Liam doesn't do himself any favours with his behaviour at times which makes it easy for Noel to show Liam as being dangerously mad. Speaking from experience about having a brother, I'm surprised they lasted so long in a band together.

DOYS is top album until the end of track 7 and which Noel didn't contribute one song after that point. It has an excellent running order until that point with songs running into each other like Bag It Up and The Turning, WFTR and TSOTL.. the first half is maybe let down by High Horse Lady but when you listen to the album in its running order that song is mainly used as an intro and build up to the fantastic Falling Down.

I personally don't think DGSS has a freshness to it all, it's a return to type I can even hear a bit of Heathen Chemistry in there just with better production. It's basically a mid 90's indie album, something of which Ocean Colour Scene have done countless times and regularly sticking out the same sounding album and not being able to alter the sound or dynamic. Listen carefully and you will hear Liam's voice is HEAVILY processed on the album to alter the damage it's taken due to his or lack of singing style. Beady Eye will only ever be an Oasis tribute band because their sound won't change one bit.

The second Beady Eye album will be interesting, because they have little or no songs left on the shelf. What's on DGSS is their best from the last 10 years and I wonder with Noel already having a second album all but done will they rush it to get there before him. As far as I know Millionaire was pencilled in along with a Noel song Come On (It's Alright) for DOYS but Liam wouldn't put down a vocal track due to him leaving the studios in LA to return home. A lot of the other songs have been around and the titles were well known, according to what I've heard when Oasis met up for a new album it was generally decided Noel would contribute half and Liam/Andy/Gem would offer their two best songs each to make up the other half and they went from there.

I fully agree with Noel not being innocent in the break up and as I said he's a master of spin and knows how to manipulate the press to always show him in the best light possible. Noel is lot clever and wittier than the rest of the band and has used this to his advantage and Liam doesn't do himself any favours with his behaviour at times which makes it easy for Noel to show Liam as being dangerously mad. Speaking from experience about having a brother, I'm surprised they lasted so long in a band together.

For me the best thing about DOYS was the remixes of TBWTL, I'm Outta Time, Falling Down and the The Turning. I thought the album version of TSOTL good. The rest of the album for me was pretty poor imho. I'm more of a fan of DBTT.

The problem I have with Noel is that he put too much pressure to come up with the goods on previous Oasis albums and the quality of his own output (especailly lyrically) wasn't always strong enough. He's was a dictator in the band and it seems his songs came first, were if he'd given more responsibility to Gem and Andy it might have helped the quality of the albums.

I find the freshness of DGSS is in the songwriting. Having three making their own contributions gives it a feel that there's a lot of different styles lyrically and musically on it. Which imo keeps it interesting. The psychedelic rock of FLW, The La's style For Anyone, The Charlatans country style of Millionaire, the boogie woogie piano with a bit of Small Faces on Bring the Light, The Stones/Who/Beatles style of TRC, Wind Up Dream, KFAD and Beatles n Stones. The glam rock of SOTEOTN and a great, mellow, psychedelic, Pink Floyd style finish on The Morning Son. Btw, I'm not comparing DGSS to those bands I've mentioned. Just giving the reasons why I enjoy the album as a whole. It's a real indulgence into the sixties but then I'm a huge fan of the music of the sixties.

Yes, OCS had a similar style but their songs bored me really. Except for the likes of HMHC, Riverboat Song, July and a few others on the greatest hits.

I'm looking forward to what Beady Eye serve up next. As you say, it'll be interesting if they have the songs to back up a good second album. But I did enjoy the latest B-side to TBGO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I like Beady Eye cos they are like the Small Faces in the 70s - just meat and potatoes rock n roll, and I mean that as a compliment. There's plenty of skinny indie bands with synths and reverbed vocals doing 80s inspired pop, and that's fair enough; but when you want something a little retro, Beady Eye are there.

And to an extent, Noel. If you playlist the BE album and stick TDOYAM in the middle, it fits in. Very similar production. And essentially a rewrite of TIOBI. I think the intersting Noel stuff will be on the second album he puts out.

Anyway back to Beady Eye. I don't think they'll just fade away as Liam is a pretty big star and will be the main draw. As long as they make decent albums with one or two good radio songs they'll be able to do big tours, maybe not arenas, but then again I can't see Noel playing arenas either.

Andy Bell is a pretty talented dude; some of the best Ride material is his. I think he's probably been diminished a little in the last decade, he needs to rediscover his experimental muse a bit. Having said that I like his DGSS contributions the most.

In fairness all I want is a Ride reunion but that'll never happen! ;-)

• Advertisement

Agree about Andy Bell. Ride's Carnival of Light was a crackin' album

I was delighted when he joined Oasis as seen him as exactly what the band needed. He wrote some great songs in Ride and Hurricane that would have made amazing Oasis records and is a top musician. Songs like 'Step into My World' or Black Nite Crash would have made amazing Oasis songs. Especially with Liam on vocals. He seemed to not get too many songs on Oasis albums for whatever reason. Turn Up The Sun, was probably his best Oasis song.

As Eviltimeban says, hopefully out on his own, with Gem and Liam on vocals there's more to come from Andy.

Advertisement