Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this realistically possible

• 03-03-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

If i were to get a loan from the bank of enough money to cover the rent for a month of a shared flat in town and apply for rent allowence the second i move in...Would this work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If i were to get a loan from the bank of enough money to cover the rent for a month of a shared flat in town and apply for rent allowence the second i move in...Would this work?

You might want to come up with a better cover story when applying for the loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

i think you have to be renting for 6 months or something. go to citizen advice online or in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

You would get laughed out the door of the bank.They would probaly be telling their friends later laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Only if there were more comma's.

Complex sentances are not your friend.

B+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

benwavner wrote: »

B+

Great advice....so relevant.....Grammer nazi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

B+

To be a proper grammar Nazi, the correct use of punctuation & spelling really should be your friend.

C minus.

To be a proper grammar Nazi, the correct use of punctuation & spelling really should be your friend.

C minus.

Ha, I was waiting for that!

Great advice....so relevant.....Grammer nazi.

Try Accommodation & property, maybe someone there has done it.

...and I prefer Nazi with a capital "N", thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Why not get a job instead.

i misunderstood.

you're going to the bank with possible rent allowance as collateral?

banks can not lend money on that basis. so , no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

Are soon-to-be-homeless posters called cardboardsies? Don't risk not having a roof over your head mate.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

B+

Who is Comma? And what does he or she want more of?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

One months rent would be very small amount, a credit union would most likely be a better source.

Also, you need to be in a place for 6 months before you can apply for rent allowance I believe.

It may also take some time for them to process the request.

Finally rent allowance would not cover you entire rent. I understand the default AH response is talk about people getting all kinds of **** paid for them but from all the people i know, the most anyone is receiving in rent allowance is about 35quid a week max.

That said, you should do what you plan on doing as the inevitable thread you will post afterwards is sure to be great reading.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Ssssshhhh I cant say now, they are listening. Standby for PM.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    he he.

ouch!

Advertisement