Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocks being thrown at cars Cleveragh Sligo (Mod note #36)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

There was a time when little scumbags regardless of their age would get a good clattering for doing that kind of stuff, after that they would think twice about doing it again. Now of course they can do whatever they like and they know it, the Guards usually do sweet F all about it and if anyone stopped to put manners on them the Guards would be out quicker than hot sh*t off a shovel, I guess that's "progress" for ya.

I'm glad that we've for the most part progressed from vigilantes battering delinquent youths. I doubt it's quite as effective as you make it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Kepti wrote: »
    I'm glad that we've for the most part progressed from vigilantes battering delinquent youths. I doubt it's quite as effective as you make it out to be.

Seeing as the Guards do little or nothing about it what suggestions do you have?. Should people pass a hat around, buy them an xbox and hope they stay at home?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Seeing as the Guards do little or nothing about it what suggestions do you have?. Should people pass a hat around, buy them an xbox and hope they stay at home?.

Give me a ps3 and a steady internet connection and ill never leave the house again i swear:D

If the alternative (that being the hyperbolic interpretation of your particular suggestion) is to beat them into comas so they terrorize no more, then I think mine is the more moral position. Both ideas are ridiculous though.

I'm not unsympathetic to your outlook. I've had a stone thrown at my car, and I got out to look for the culprits. They weren't quite as brazen as others reported in this thread so they stayed hidden.

If beating kids induced good behavior, then ones from abusive homes would be among the quietest. Usually though, they're the ones creating the most trouble.

I don't think it's particularly fair to call out the guards for this when the source of the problem is ****ty negligent never-should-have-been-parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Guys and Gals, no promoting or encouragement of violent retailiation please. There has already been one person banned/post deleted.

Thanking you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Kepti wrote: »
    I don't think it's particularly fair to call out the guards for this when the source of the problem is ****ty negligent never-should-have-been-parents.

Well when their offspring commit a crime who should we call, if not the Guards? Or do we just leave them to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Back in my day we threw eggs(recession must be kicking in)best thing to do is drive around the corner and call the guards.Do not confront them alone thats all they are looking for is a reaction or a chase and it will only makes things worse because they will keep targeting you if they know they will get a reaction

Well when their offspring commit a crime who should we call, if not the Guards? Or do we just leave them to it?

Poor choice of phrase on my part. I meant 'call out' in the sense of assigning blame, rather than actually asking them to respond to an incident, which is perfectly reasonable.

Advertisement