Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview in Louth?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tune into the tv channels with a fairly new LCD, LED or Plasma tv? RTE 2 is in HD and i can't seem to tune in with a new Samsung LED 6 Series tv. I am around the Dundalk area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

It doesn't matter how new the TV is, the TV must have a MPEG4 tuner, you should check the TV's technical spec.
    Also the Tech/terrestrial section on here will have loads of info on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Is it possible to upgrade tv's so that they have this MPEG4? I've a fairly new HD tv but not sure if it has MPEG4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Raffo69 wrote: »
    Is it possible to upgrade tv's so that they have this MPEG4? I've a fairly new HD tv but not sure if it has MPEG4

you will be able to get a set top box that can pick up mp4...wat model is your tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Raffo69 wrote: »

No hardware or software upgrade possible with the tv, but a Saorview box will work, obviously. About 100 bucks and a second remote control for changing channels is the only way.

Find your make and model number and google the spec. You should know fairly quickly from that.

Btw, i tuned into the Irish Digital channels today. It's working fine and the RTE 2 is HD alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Hi Darren what box do you have i presume a freeview?

• Advertisement

moonshadow wrote: »
    Hi Darren what box do you have i presume a freeview?

Don't have a box. Ariel from the roof, coaxial lead into Samsung LED tv, tune up with autotune and the Digital channels are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭get_d_hand_in

Is the signal strength improved from previous. I tended to get poor signal for rte,tv3, bbc utv and the likes....

Had to get sky...

Is the signal strength improved from previous. I tended to get poor signal for rte,tv3, bbc utv and the likes....

Had to get sky...

BBC and UTV are not part of Saorview, so you were tuned into poxy analogue channels, not the fancy Digital channels. If your TV has MPEG4 tuner built in, try again to do a autotune for digital channels.

Advertisement