Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda helicopter

Options
  • 03-03-2011 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Whats the story,anybody know why the Garda helicopter is flying nearly every night and day over coolock area :mad:,what's the story with it? Are they after the same people.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The only people who would know for sure would be serving members of An Garda Síochána and I don't think they would talk about operational matters or live investigations on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Same over my area, and has been for years. Saying that not around tonight thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They're not looking for anyone or doing anything important. The only reason they fly the helicopter at night is to annoy people.

This post is 100% untrue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

come fly with me come fly with me lets fly lets fly away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I'm disappointed now, I thought that was an alien spaceship :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

If they are out late at night its generally because ground units have requested them to look for somebody.

Eg. Burglars having being disturbed/missing people threatening suicide or to assist in traffic pursuits. Generally the more serious calls.

They dont just go for a spin for the craic of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Chief--- wrote: »
    They dont just go for a spin for the craic of it.

Or for a bit of sub :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Don't forget the emergency trips to abrakebabra.

I get them where I live too. Some nights I think renting an RPG launcher is the only way I'll get some sleep.

Advertisement