Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll be between the kings head and o connells if anyone's about later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aodh90

yeah i just moved down from belfast there recently, wouldn't mind making some new friends if anyone's up for it, im 21, im a guy and if any one wants to contact me just email <use PM function, mails are not allowed> or keep me posted if you are organising something!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think the venue should be warm.

How's about the Salthouse or the Cottage in lower Salthill?

Fridays and Saturdays suit me best.

Festive theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suggest Beer Tent, Christmas Market, as soon as they open.

or Salt house. Salt house is good too.

biko wrote: »
    I suggest Beer Tent, Christmas Market, as soon as they open.

or Salt house. Salt house is good too.

How warm is the beer tent?

But yes, beer. Salt house does have board games though so you know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Das Kitty wrote: »
    How warm is the beer tent?

But yes, beer. Salt house does have board games though so you know...

What kind of board games ... please say connect 4 :D

What kind of board games ... please say connect 4 :D

I'm pretty sure they have that, and Jenga. Jenga is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The chances of me making this are incredibly slim, but I will do my best! Sucks to not be able to partake in any beer-ing that will go on but I could have a non alchoholic one or two before the drive home :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunshine22

the 8th,9th or 10th suit me. i dont mind where!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Shame the meet-ups aren't as common anymore. Summer 2010 was pretty awesome. The Salthouse was always the usual choice. Best avoid busy nights though as it can be a pain in the arse to find enough seating and it can be disgustingly warm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

like the idea of the beer-tent....but the Salthouse is my favourite pub...tough choice :pac:

Ooooorrrr, we could have 2 in the beer tent early on, then move down to Salt house when it gets dark and cold.
    Best of both and a small walk in between.

Ooooorrrr, we could have 2 in the beer tent early on, then move down to Salt house when it gets dark and cold.
    Best of both and a small walk in between.

You want me to walk?

But yes sounds good!

OK, I propose:
    Friday December 2nd - 7pm in Beer tent, then move down to Salt house about 8.30.
    Home by 11, or not...

OK, I propose:
    Friday December 2nd - 7pm in Beer tent, then move down to Salt house about 8.30.
    Home by 11, or not...

Great. I'm out that night anyway with my new work colleagues so will meet you all in the tent before going to meet them. Might consider actually having a drink this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

So did everyone who posted on this find friends in real life? Let me know if the suggestions worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

ladhrann wrote: »
    So did everyone who posted on this find friends in real life? Let me know if the suggestions worked!

Why not go down to the beers and find out for yourself? :)

I could tell you many things (*taps the side of nose*); like for example that biko is a very pleasant Swedish person, Flojo is the (beautiful) life of every party, Ficheall is some kind of math wizz, boneyarsebogman rarely materialises... and so on and so forth (that's just having looked at the last few pages). But best to go down the beer tent and make some new friends yourself!

(Gutted I probably won't be able to make this... again. :( I haven't been to a beers in ages - well, in about 6 months anyway...)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Just moved to Galway, just outside Athenry, about 8 weeks ago from Tipperary! I am 26 years old, American, Married and living with my husband (31 years old and going to NUIG). I am a Makeup Artist and Amateur Photographer!! I love Cooking, baking, Facebooking lol and anything crafty. I would love to meet some ladies to do things with that my husband doesn't want to do lol.... like watch Fashion Police, Teen Mom, Keeping up with the Kardashians lol or even Eastenders, go shopping, see a girly movie, swap recipes, have a drink, have a laugh or have a chat! If any of this sounds like fun send me a private message!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

OK, I propose:
    Home by 11, or not...
    Should be there.

this beer tent is in eyre sq guys??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Tis indeed, part of the Continental market.

cool, well i dont really know anyone here at all but would love to join yas!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sunshine22

aaww!!! i dont think i can make this one :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SarahJohansson

Too much to read.. But I jump in here anyway! Not living directly in Galway but it's the nearest big city to where I live anyway. I'm from Sweden but would like to meet people from anywhere really. I am 19 years old btw. I can bring myself to Galway on weekends and certain days during the week as well. So if anyone wants to have a cafe, do some shopping or anything else just let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

OK, I propose:
    Home by 11, or not...

So kangaroo burgers for dinner just beforehand then?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Fairly sure I'm free on Friday so I'll pop down. Kangaroo burger sounds like a good plan too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

geekychick wrote: »

I could tell you many things (*taps the side of nose*); like for example that biko is a very pleasant Swedish person, Flojo is the (beautiful) life of every party, Ficheall is some kind of math wizz, boneyarsebogman rarely materialises... and so on and so forth (that's just having looked at the last few pages). But best to go down the beer tent and make some new friends yourself!

Aww thank you hun! Was lovely to meet you that time, you're awesome! Such a great night. Shame I don't live in Galway anymore! :(

geekychick wrote: »
    Why not go down to the beers and find out for yourself? :)

(Gutted I probably won't be able to make this... again. :( I haven't been to a beers in ages - well, in about 6 months anyway...)

Ha.

I materialize a lot more than I used to. December 2nd sounds good to me!

also, woo! I got a mention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

You people are brutal for making plans when i'm working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Heading for kangaroo burgers at 6.30 so will pop down to the beer tent after that... assuming that the general timetable is the one we're kinda going it?

Advertisement