Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ASmurf

Hi,

-I'm new to boards.ie so think I posted this in the wrong section -Thanks El Drago!

I've just moved to Galway for work. I'm working with great people, but they're a little bit older than me! so I'd love to meet some new people to hang out with.

I'm a female in my early twenties and I'm missing my girlie nights out!

I plan on joining clubs etc. just thought I'd post something on here aswell.

Cheers smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

There's always the Book Club if you fancy a relaxed drink and a bit of chat! By the look of it though I don't think theres another boards meet up planned before the big C. Maybe you could post on the skills-swap?

I know what its like though, moving to an office with a huge age gap, it can be fierce rough on the nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ASmurf

Cheers for the comment Ladhrann and sorry for awful lack of reply until now -clearly I'm very new to Boards!

Book club and skills swap definitely sound like good ideas, must look into them thanks.

Any chance anyone might be up for a boards meet up e.g. beers or whatever, to start off the new year?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ASmurf wrote: »
    Cheers for the comment Ladhrann and sorry for awful lack of reply until now -clearly I'm very new to Boards!

Book club and skills swap definitely sound like good ideas, must look into them thanks.

Any chance anyone might be up for a boards meet up e.g. beers or whatever, to start off the new year?! :)

I'm planning on being bored this afternoon/evening.

I might find myself quite bored during the week, if anyone is interested for a few beers then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I might find myself quite bored during the week, if anyone is interested for a few beers then?

Does that imply you might turn up to something for a change? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Book club meets tomorrow in the Cottage in Salthill. Drinking/Not-drinking encouraged or dissuaded as needed. Turn up if you've heard of James Joyce, or Joe Joyce or Pat Joyce or one of them, there's a lot of joyces in Galway.

Ficheall wrote: »

Does that imply you might turn up to something for a change? :P

Sssshhhhh.

Perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

ladhrann wrote: »
    Book club meets tomorrow in the Cottage in Salthill. Drinking/Not-drinking encouraged or dissuaded as needed. Turn up if you've heard of James Joyce, or Joe Joyce or Pat Joyce or one of them, there's a lot of joyces in Galway.

Pat Joyce is the one in Knocknacarra, right?

You see, I qualify!!! :cool::cool:

(Oh wait, I'm in the Book Club already...:o Never mind so...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Lets see what comes of this.......

I'm heading (back) to Galway to live as I just got a new job there. I'm a single guy 40ish who doesn't drink. I have a few very good friends in Galway but I'd love to meet up with preferably women. I hasten to add, I am not looking for romance, I'm looking for someone into cycling, walks with the dog, socilaising with others, that sort a thing. Male or female is cool but Ive always loved the idea of having a female friend or two.

So Que Sera, Sera, bit shy posting this, never thought I would but new job, new move and all that makes me feel a bit energised, out with old, in with new what have ya. If nothing comes of it, so be it.

....must love dogs;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lollypops85

Hello,

My name is lorna Ive been in galway for a few years now and would like to meet new friends (female or male) to hang out, cinema going out etc... Im 26 btw..
    let me know if any1 is interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

dnme wrote: »
    Lets see what comes of this.......

I'm heading (back) to Galway to live as I just got a new job there. I'm a single guy 40ish who doesn't drink. I have a few very good friends in Galway but I'd love to meet up with preferably women. I hasten to add, I am not looking for romance, I'm looking for someone into cycling, walks with the dog, socilaising with others, that sort a thing. Male or female is cool but Ive always loved the idea of having a female friend or two.

So Que Sera, Sera, bit shy posting this, never thought I would but new job, new move and all that makes me feel a bit energised, out with old, in with new what have ya. If nothing comes of it, so be it.

....must love dogs;)

What dog ya have out of curiousity?

Galway K9 wrote: »
    What dog ya have out of curiousity?

Scroll down the photos in my Boat restoration post here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71401802&postcount=28

You'll see herself there staring on at me:cool:. Shes a black lab rescued about a year ago. I'm thinking of getting another one soon to keep her company when I'm not around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gretchen

Hiya! I've just moved to Galway about 2 weeks ago and I'd love to make some new girl friends. Any young 20 year olds want to meet up and chat over some tea/coffee or go out for a drink in Eyre Square? (Btw, I'm girl that's turning 23 on Saturday. Woo!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Gretchen wrote: »
    Hiya! I've just moved to Galway about 2 weeks ago and I'd love to make some new girl friends. Any young 20 year olds want to meet up and chat over some tea/coffee or go out for a drink in Eyre Square? (Btw, I'm girl that's turning 23 on Saturday. Woo!)

Hello! I'm movin up in about 2weeks! Dont know anyone at all, would love to make new friends. Defo up for coffee or drinks or something.(female,24) Happy birthday for Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Hello! I'm movin up in about 2weeks! Dont know anyone at all, would love to make new friends. Defo up for coffee or drinks or something.(female,24) Happy birthday for Saturday!

pop in for a chat with the Occupy Galway movement at eyre square.

the roisin is a good spot where folks are very relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm here about 6 months. Don't know too many people outside of work. Would defo be up for a coffee. Male 22 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Let me know if ya wanna meet up when ya move here!! And thank you!!! Quite excited to celebrate my bday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lolly89

Hi, i'm from galway but dont have many female friends, would be interested in meeting for coffee.(female, 22)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

This is becoming like a lesbian love in, can I come !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, just in case you're not aware, the Ladies Lounge has a private forum where they organize meet-ups. You should try contacting mods over there for access.

Any events coming up that any boardsies might be going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Hey.. Im a 24 yr old male that moved to Galway bout 6 months ago. If anyone would be up for a few drinks sometime give me a shout..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Gretchen wrote: »
    Happy Birthday on Sat, turning the big 23 shortly myself! All my college friends have moved to england for work so would love to meet new people!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Been in Galway 5 years now, and I can't see myself living anywhere else in Ireland because there are so many cool things going on all the time. We're a bit spoilt.

Btw dnme - if you're a non-drinker there are plenty of cool events in Galway:
    - Dance co-op on Wednesday nights (school next door to Town hall theatre, you don't need to be able to dance, it's more movement)
    - Laughter yoga on Wednesdays (Spirit centre), lots of craic
    - Tribal spirit drumming on Friday nights (school opposite to Cookes thatched pub)
    - Tranisition towns meetings on Sundays (permaculture and sustainable living)
    - Tai chi and movement classes

Also various Spirit centre workshops / parties (check facebook page), it's a cool space.

Dagon wrote: »
    Been in Galway 5 years now, and I can't see myself living anywhere else in Ireland because there are so many cool things going on all the time. We're a bit spoilt.

Btw dnme - if you're a non-drinker there are plenty of cool events in Galway:
    - Dance co-op on Wednesday nights (school next door to Town hall theatre, you don't need to be able to dance, it's more movement)
    - Laughter yoga on Wednesdays (Spirit centre), lots of craic
    - Tribal spirit drumming on Friday nights (school opposite to Cookes thatched pub)
    - Tranisition towns meetings on Sundays (permaculture and sustainable living)
    - Tai chi and movement classes

Also various Spirit centre workshops / parties (check facebook page), it's a cool space.

Dance co-op / movement
    Laughter Yoga
    Tribal Spirit
    Tai Chi

From the list Dagon, I'll hazard a guess that you're female :D
    Thanks for the mention all the same. I'll be grand, I got the camera club, I'll join a few other things, maybe scuba, sailing and there's a great cycling club. You're right about Galway, I recently did a 2 yr stint at NUIG. Love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 itsgrandlike

One of my friends told me to put female looking for female on a free dating site and specify that you are looking for friends in Galway.. However its not working out too well! I really want to meet some girls around my age (25) to go for dinner, drinks, running etc. Im not from Galway but have been here over a year. If anyone is organising any event I would def like to be involved! Muchos gracias! :D

Edit: Not a lesbian, have a boyfriend! lol

Edit: Not a lesbian, have a boyfriend! lol

Oh now come come itsgrandlike. Be proud of your sexuality, embrace it girl!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 itsgrandlike

lol I just havent found the right girl yet!! :p

• Advertisement

If anything is organized, I'm in!! We could all meet up as a group :)

Advertisement