Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm also 25 and interested in making new friends and widening a few circles socially.
    Perhaps you could suggest a venue/time/activity which people could commit to?

Tuesday is obviously a terrible choice. Is there anything else that can be vetoed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

In addition to the others, id add yoga out the tuam road. Ya feel great after and it has a regular enough crowd. Not to expensive if you went once a week. Also nuig, galway lawn and oranmore have badminton clubs, all welcome beginners and are cheap and extremely social.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

there are a number of basketball teams in the city.
    Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tribes-Basketball-Club/134900760674 they are in the Galway league and also have a mens team but there is a good social element to it as well and you could just go to training sessions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 peter22

Well Thursdays and Fridays are usually ok for me, does anyone have any ideas as to what would be a good meet up? Informal coffee, beers, a gig or anything?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I like the Skeff, usually not busy during the week and amazing Bailey's coffees!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

i know exactly what u mean . i would love to do something that doesn't involve drink. i am a drinker but life shouldn't revolve around the pub.
    i know exactly what u mean . i would love to do something that doesn't involve drink. i am a drinker but life shouldn't revolve around the pub.
    I'm sick of getting drunk and repeating myself

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fonzy72

Thanks for all the replies and ideas, I may be brave enough to take some of them up!

Meanwhile I decided to try something different on Friday night, a scrabble night in the Oslo Salthill as a fundraiser for Croi. A friend was organising it so I said good cause and why not. It was advertised everywhere apparently (facebook, emails, advertiser and independent), There was only five of us there. We played on regardless and I must say it was a great idea and great night. It just really got me that so few turned up. One would have to wonder that if it's not in town and not revolving aroung drinking as much as you can and as fast as you can, most people just don't seem bothered.

Apologies rant over, but chalk it down to a new experience, book club may be this week, will see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anybody interested in going to the cinema or grabbing a coffee Saturday/sunday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

deisedude wrote: »
    Anybody interested in going to the cinema or grabbing a coffee Saturday/sunday?

I'm in Dublin this weekend. Otherwise I would.

Daisies wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin this weekend. Otherwise I would.

Well if there is interest we could have a meetup midweek next week instead

• Advertisement

Well if there is interest we could have a meetup midweek next week instead

Sounds good to me. Any evening except Tuesday suits (I'm having a pancake party)

Sounds good to me. Any evening except Tuesday suits (I'm having a pancake party)

7:30 in Java's wednesday perhaps for coffee? If other boardsies are interested in coming too let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I like this idea and would be very interested.

I could do that. Don't finish work till 6 though :(

For all interested I'm still available for this, just let me know when suits, day-time of course would be best.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ghost rider 2 anyone :D :P :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 girl111

any girl interested in meeting up friday / saturday evening ?

Mactard wrote: »
    ghost rider 2 anyone :D :P :P :D

I'd watch it but only to make an ironic statement :D

Judging from your avatar Mactard you would be interested to hear the Roisin Dubh are doing an Archer Marathon on Monday 27th. Interested? I know nobody who watches it apart from me!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

RAMPAGE!!!

Yes, that one's going on my calendar, any idea what season they're showing?

Mactard wrote: »
    RAMPAGE!!!

Yes, that one's going on my calendar, any idea what season they're showing?

Just had a quick check. They are showing season 1 and there will be cocktails according to the facebook event page

Just had a quick check. They are showing season 1 and there will be cocktails according to the facebook event page

Nice one, I'll have to check that out

I'd be up for going for pints this week. And yes, I will go this time :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 njlong88

Hi. I'm 23 and would love to make some new friends and expand my social circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Hey guys, haven't been on this in a while! I've been busy moving up, finding a place and startin a new job! And getting Internet sorted!
    I'm settled now though and up for meeting up etc.,

PM me or let me know if ye are doing anything. Female 24

Also if ye know where there are some good trad sessions let me know!

Well if people are still up for Java's on wednesday at 7:30 we could all go to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aodh90

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Hey guys, haven't been on this in a while! I've been busy moving up, finding a place and startin a new job! And getting Internet sorted!
    I'm settled now though and up for meeting up etc.,

PM me or let me know if ye are doing anything. Female 24

Also if ye know where there are some good trad sessions let me know!

Good session on in Tigh Ceoil on Shop Street every day and the Merry Fiddler. Also the Crane Bar in the west has a lot of trad on and there's a specifically student session on Tuesdays night. Do you play?

Well if people are still up for Java's on wednesday at 7:30 we could all go to that?

I'm still up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

aodh90 wrote: »
    Good session on in Tigh Ceoil on Shop Street every day and the Merry Fiddler. Also the Crane Bar in the west has a lot of trad on and there's a specifically student session on Tuesdays night. Do you play?

Thanks for that, will have to take a look at those places. Ya I play the fiddle, bit out of practice havent been to a session in ages! Do you play?

Ya guys I'm up for Javas on Wednesday evening defo:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aodh90

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Thanks for that, will have to take a look at those places. Ya I play the fiddle, bit out of practice havent been to a session in ages! Do you play?

Ya guys I'm up for Javas on Wednesday evening defo:-)

yeah I play whistle and guitar and trying to get back in to the trad a lot more. If you wanna hit a session one night pm me and we can go together. And the same goes to anyone else out there that plays or just fancies a night out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rcavic

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone in Galway who can help me on ramping up the language skills and get confidence in speaking.
    I just need conversation and... correction... a lot :)
    The ideal could be a student who wants to spends some hours a week.

Please send me a PM
    Thanks
    RC

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

rcavic wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for someone in Galway who can help me on ramping up the language skills and get confidence in speaking.
    I just need conversation and... correction... a lot :)
    The ideal could be a student who wants to spends some hours a week.
    Please send me a PM
    Thanks
    RC
    Ahh, what language are you after?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 APB18

Was in the Crane tonight and it was excellent woud def recommend it!

Advertisement