Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

hey guys
    so who is intrested in another boards meet up??? :D:p:o:rolleyes::):eek::P:cool:confused:

Here you go.

I've no idea why that my previous post double posted. Damn phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭dockysher

I would be interested if few others are!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ha, so I was at the little cinema, as where other boardsies but I did not know it

Mactard wrote: »
    Ha, so I was at the little cinema, as where other boardsies but I did not know it

Haha! Sorry about that. Did you enjoy it at least?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Damn it. Deisedude said he knew what you looked like!

Really enjoyed the night. The sweets were a great touch. Nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Haha! Sorry about that. Did you enjoy it at least?

Yeah, a friend's short was in it and it came out really well I thought. I'll definitely go again to the next one.
    Daisies wrote: »
    Damn it. Deisedude said he knew what you looked like!

Suppose it's difficult to pick people out in darkness, I couldn't pick him out at least :pac: will have to exchange some phone numbers or something next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Think i need to get myself to one of these meetups ye have, sounds fun :)
    whens the next one?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Think i need to get myself to one of these meetups ye have, sounds fun :)
    whens the next one?? :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056593276

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Yeah, a friend's short was in it and it came out really well I thought. I'll definitely go again to the next one.

Suppose it's difficult to pick people out in darkness, I couldn't pick him out at least :pac: will have to exchange some phone numbers or something next time around.

I'm sure I have your number and all but it didnt even occur to me to text. Was having a slow day yesterday :o We definitely have to do it again next month and i'll send you a text!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

how often are events organised for this? i see i just missed one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

So, the Avengers was ****ing brilliant.

magnumbud wrote: »
    how often are events organised for this? i see i just missed one.

Well, it's kinda hard to say because sometimes they just happen. Best thing to do is keep an eye out around the place.
    Jim wrote: »
    So, the Avengers was ****ing brilliant.

Seconded. Absolutely brilliant.

Thirded. We should go see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

Ah I'm so mad at myself for not going, I was so tired though I probably would have fallen asleep :o

You feeling better? I'm sure we'll organize something again! This time biko better make it too.. or else! something something

Dunno if anyone is gonna be checking out the "brewers on the bay" event in the oslo this weekend, I missed it last year as I was sick and the year before I was abroad so third time is gonna be the charm for me :D

newkie started a thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056627578

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You feeling better? I'm sure we'll organize something again! This time biko better make it too.. or else! something something
    That Brewers thing on Sunday perhaps? I cannae Saturday.

Unfortunately I'll be at a family wedding this weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

Yup all better. Brewers eh? That's all the way out in Salthill though.. and I'm lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sroxande

I want to apologise for my english which is really bad.

I am a French student, and I am here for two months.
    Actually I have to carry out a work placement for my studies.

I would like to meet people because I do not know anyone here, and I do not know the city at all. I think it is a great opportunity to manke contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 tuneil

Ggg, I'm in the same situation:
    I'm 24 old student, will stay in Galway for 1 year, open for any kind of activity.

We can make a team, but I'm not from France :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sroxande

I arrive yesterday and I don't know the city at all.

But if someone have something to propose, we can plan to do it according the availabilities of each person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tuneil

Its my third week in Galway, so I have little navigation skills here.
    This week are Coorse Live week (see Sunday day at http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/39105/coors-light-brings-weekend-of-free-gigs-to-city ). If you like pubs or wants to try - good choice.

Try to read local news, I think you will find something interesting for you.
    There are 2 free newspapers: Galway Independent and Galway Advertiser, almost every little shop has it - just aks about it.

List of places which you can visit:
    - Galway Cathedral (today I was there, great sound)
    - Hurling or Gaelic football match
    - Second hand bookstore near Eyre Squere
    - Galway Museum (Spanish Arch)
    - Walk along the shore, Claddagh and Salthill promenade
    - Irish traditional dances in Claddagh Hall (timetable is unknown for me)
    Abroad:
    - Aran islands (see a map)
    - Connemara National Park with Kylemore abbey (70 km from Galway)
    - Cliffs Of Moher (see a map)

PS: Excuse me, for my bad English, I'm just started in English language.
    PSS: sroxande, today in Taaffes pub (Shop street) at 5:30 and in The Quays pub at 6:00 will be a traditional music sessions.
    If you afraid to got lost I can help you, just PM me, I'll be online.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Hey there! I am new enough to galway city and would like to meet new friends. I was wondering is there anyone else in this situation and would like to arrange a gathering somewhere like a meet up have a few drinks etc? Let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm here a year but always looking to meet new people. :-) Would people be interested in a Volvo ocean meet up perhaps?
    QueenBee1 wrote: »
    Hey there! I am new enough to galway city and would like to meet new friends. I was wondering is there anyone else in this situation and would like to arrange a gathering somewhere like a meet up have a few drinks etc? Let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I'm relatively new here and always looking to meet new people.A volvo ocean race meet up sounds great.I'm off work all week so if anyone wants to partake in a session(or a few) or do something else during the week let me know. I'm 24 incase anyone cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 annemarie11

Hiya Christina,

If you have a few hours to spare you might give JCI Galway a shot. I joined a few years ago and made great friends through this group. We run all kinds of community events and it's great craic.
    PM me if you'd like more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Hiya Christina,

If you have a few hours to spare you might give JCI Galway a shot. I joined a few years ago and made great friends through this group. We run all kinds of community events and it's great craic.
    PM me if you'd like more info.

For the uninitiated what is JCI?

Google suggests "Junior Chamber Ireland"... though what that might be, I have no idea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Loz1988

Hi all! I've been in galway for a few months but many friends have moved away and besides its always great to meet new girly friends to hang out with!
    just wondering if theres any meetups or anything happening cuz i'd like to join!! I'm 23 btw! :)

Advertisement