Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Thought I replied here.

I won't be going tonight no as I've a training session already planned but I might head next week.

Loved it as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Thought I replied here.

I won't be going tonight no as I've a training session already planned but I might head next week.

Loved it as a kid.

might see ya there next week so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sirius11

nope never done it before, i might actually go next week as im so tired today, i dont think i have the energy to take it seriously but next week definitely, you should come along with me, i cant even tumble, never been able to do a handstand or cartwheel so we can be the 2 newbies.
    they said it starts of pretty slow for new people and gradually get you used to things and build up strength :)

might be a laugh! :)

Ah ya sure why not! Might be a bitta craic. At least I've a week to come to terms with the possibility of losing a limb!

sirius11 wrote: »
    Ah ya sure why not! Might be a bitta craic. At least I've a week to come to terms with the possibility of losing a limb!

great and you wont lose a limb! ill be the one doing that! haha keep in touch before next wednesday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 katmcf

Hi! Im in the same boat and am looking to make friends in Galway Male and Female. I'm 24, into music (bands) and like the alternative scene. Any suggestions? or anyone wana meet up or no any gud gigs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just to note, there's a beers coming up soon. See separate thread.

katmcf wrote: »
    Hi! Im in the same boat and am looking to make friends in Galway Male and Female. I'm 24, into music (bands) and like the alternative scene. Any suggestions? or anyone wana meet up or no any gud gigs :)

Music..alternative scene..sounds good! :)
    im looking to go to some good gigs around galway myself but either no one to go with or cant see anything that might be good... guess you dont know until you just head out :)

Music..alternative scene..sounds good! :)
    im looking to go to some good gigs around galway myself but either no one to go with or cant see anything that might be good... guess you dont know until you just head out :)

Ya anything would be good at this stage, just going mad in the house!!

katmcf wrote: »
    Ya anything would be good at this stage, just going mad in the house!!

i know that feeling only too well, driven nuts lately im so bored! you living near town?

i know that feeling only too well, driven nuts lately im so bored! you living near town?

Just out near GMIT way, you? Doing a work placement here for my course, none of the staff really go out or anything. What do you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mantua1

Hi all,

Interested in meeting new friends in Galway.somehow lost touch with alot of people and all my other friends are married and not interested in going out...Im a very outgoing person but its not easy for a girl to go to a pub by herself..Love music/gigs etc..
    Not used this boards.ie before although signed up a few years back so its new to me...
    I notice there is a few people in the same boat as myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Definitely up for seeing dome alt/indie bands. All my friends here have shiiite taste in music! 23 year old man child btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caraquian

Hi, I'm a friendly 25 year old Venezuelan girl who would like to meet people from your country... maybe skype to improve my understanding of the accent, make some friends since I'm planning to go there on vacation... if anyone wants to practice their Spanish that'd be cool too, if interested let me know in a private message or something and I'd be happy to give you my info to chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 calling galway

Hello, I have recently moved to Galway and would like to meet more people.
    I am 33, and originally from Germany. I like writing, reading, and being outdoors. Meeting some other writers would be great, but I am very open to meeting lots of different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 khaleesi

hi all :)

im 25 , moved up here with the other half for his job so left all my family and friends behind and don't know a soul up here!I'm into music, watching movies, anything really. Looking to make some friends up here. Unemployed atm so not really sure how else to make friends really lol.anyone wants to chat mail me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shailaja

Hi! I've recently moved to just outside Galway city and am looking to meet some new people. Not sure what there is to do around - I'm interested in outdoor activities when I can stop being lzy and get out, cooking, reading, watching movies, and drinking a good glass of wine. :)
    Is this tread for organising activities or just meeting people or both?

It's for chatting generally and for organising activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

29 y/o Galway male here. Despite being from around here most of the people I knew have left the country or whatnot so if anyone would like to make a new friend - shout! I'm up for just about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jennigimenez

Hi, I just moved to galway and i want to make new friends to...trying to find a job and Im 23. I wud like to make friends to hang out and knew more people here in galway.

hey all, a good few of us boardies are usually out on sat nights or we meet up for coffee etc your more than welcome to join us. Ive met loads of great ppl from boards already in the past couple of months so tag along if ye want. ye can PM me and i can let ya know if we are heading out tomorrow night for a few drinks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jennigimenez

Thanks, Yeah it wud be great to join you! Tell me if you are doing something then and the place are you meeting! I wud like to meet you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irish25

Hi there I'm 26 and just moved back to galway this summer after 12 years away.i don't know anyone here anymore and would love to make some new friends.i have a 3 year old girl and 5 year old boy and would love for them to make some friends as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pintoman10

Hey all, I'm new to Galway. Moved here at the end of the summer for work. Be interested in heading out at weekends with a group for a few pints, some sport, whatever really. I'm a 26 year old guy from Dublin who is in Galway for a coupe years for work so want to settle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Beers going on this Friday or Saturday http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056804089 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kate84

Hey guys, its Kate here! Im 28 years old from New Zealand and have recently moved to Galway, living out in the country. Im working as a nanny, and i get the weekends off and I would love to go out and have a few drinks! Anyone interested?? Let me know!
    Cheers :)

Hi Kate and welcome
    I've put your post in with the general thread for social happenings and getting together. As you can see there's a meeting this Friday if you can make it. Otherwise there's movie visits and other stuff happening. Have a read of the thread and see if you can find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

Hi Kate. Are ya well? ;)

Yea mate, i'm all good! What bout yourself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kate... come meet us friday night!
    Few of us are going for a drink and wander around the christmas market :)

• Advertisement

Hi Seaneh,
    Cheers for that! yea sounds good, just let me know when and where to meet :-)

Advertisement