Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

welcome to galway all the new visitors, a new gathering

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I could be interested in bowling and I'd say hubby is too. He's great at it, I am embarrassingly awful. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

+1 on the bowling if I'm not too late???

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

ohh yeah! love bowling. im up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd actually be up for bowling too, good fun. Who is handling it?
    Headford Rd or Oranmore lanes?

• Advertisement

Won't be going, but if you do go, the Oranmore lanes are much better compared to the Headford Road, but obviously the latter would be easier for many to get to.

Won't be going, but if you do go, the Oranmore lanes are much better compared to the Headford Road, but obviously the latter would be easier for many to get to.

Headford Rd is probably easiest to get to for everyone alright. :)

I work on Fri and Sat nights - How do people feel about a Sunday evening/night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hi there!

Donegal guy here living in Galway since 2008. Since university ended, I don't really know where to start with making friends again so I'm here!

I'm 22, into music, gaming, technology, nerdy stuff, going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

Hey as far as i know, you can get a drink and two games of bowling for a tenner in the headford road on sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Personally have too much on to do this weekend to take part. But work away whoever's going. Have fun! :) If anyone is around to go one of the evenings next weekend, Sunday week perhaps.... would be good. :-) Or if not no hassle, maybe another time. :)

• Advertisement

I could do sunday week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd do next Sunday too.

Sunday the 27th sounds good alright! They're offering 2 hrs for the price of 1 after 8pm on sundays on their website :-)

I'm up for that!

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'm up for that!
    Cool! So 8 it is then! looking forward to it! :-D

Cool! Nice one. :) Which Alley are ya on about now Fixer Upper? Can do either myself. Headford Road one may suit most people though? I can go to either of them. I'm just trying to remember how many Lanes are there, and there seems to be a fair few of us?! It would be just like something that would happen that a gang of us show up and Lanes already in use or not enough to cater/accommodate for everyone...... Wouldn't really be open to pre-booking as some people may not know for sure till nearer the time depending on priorities / other plans..... How many have we that's interested in going roughly......

Cool! Nice one. :) Which Alley are ya on about now Fixer Upper? Can do either myself. Headford Road one may suit most people though? I can go to either of them. I'm just trying to remember how many Lanes are there, and there seems to be a fair few of us?! It would be just like something that would happen that a gang of us show up and Lanes already in use or not enough to cater/accommodate for everyone...... Wouldn't really be open to pre-booking as some people may not know for sure till nearer the time depending on priorities / other plans..... How many have we that's interested in going roughly......

Very good point indeed! First of all lets say the Headford Rd - its gonna be best for everyone alright. I havent been there in years so I'm not sure how many lanes there are though but it might be busy given the offer.

Does anyone know if you can prebook? I should be able to call in tomorrow and check it out anyway...

Please add your name and quote so we can get an idea of numbers:

PROVISIONAL LIST OF BOWLERS FOR SUNDAY 27th JAN

1. Fixer Upper

Gah, tried to quote your List but it says message too short.

***BOWLING; HEADFORD ROAD; Sun: 27/01/13; 8pm***
    1. Fixer Upper
    2. Confuseddotcom

1. Fixer Upper
    2. Confuseddotcom
    3. dmcg90

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

1. Fixer Upper
    2. Confuseddotcom
    3. dmcg90
    4. pleasant Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

1. Fixer Upper
    2. Confuseddotcom
    3. dmcg90
    4. pleasant Co.
    5. Ficheall

Who's bringing the condensed milk?

Aaammmmmmm erm emmmmmm ummmmm....... Yourself perhaps?!? Just a thought. :) Think we'll manage without the condensed milk idea?!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

1. Fixer Upper
    2. Confuseddotcom
    3. dmcg90
    4. pleasant Co.
    5. dan hibiki

few scoops after???;)

Aaammmmmmm erm emmmmmm ummmmm....... Yourself perhaps?!? Just a thought. :) Think we'll manage without the condensed milk idea?!? :pac:

Ficheal, if you're bringing the condensed milk I'm up for it, and if confused isn't keen. It'll just leave more for us ;-)

I've a feeling this gonna end up a lads night out!!! :(:/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

hi
    id be interested in joining .. living outside the city so fiding it hard to meet friends

Add myself and duchess too.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mick0

Maybe next time, me back's a bit dodge at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭barry181091

I've a feeling this gonna end up a lads night out!!! :(:/

That's what ya want :P

Might be able to go! What age ranges are everyone though :o

Advertisement