Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

How would Sunday 10th Feb suit everyone

sounds good to me. any sunday suits really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

*Sits back and waits for all the interest to flow in till the day comes. :) *

<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Really sorry I couldn't make Sunday, had family stuff on.

I'll make the next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

How would Sunday 10th Feb suit everyone

At the moment I can't make that day as I've something else on but that could change and if I can make it, I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zackoin

Well minus 1 girl who was working I think. Don't know about the rest. But there deffo was a lot more interest! But that's the way it goes shure. Am glad I went now anyways! :) Thanks for coming those who did. :) It was fun. :) Nice to do something too that I havn't in a while. :D Takes away the cobwebs! :D

It was nice meeting you all :D Had fun and should do that more often :) Sorry I had to leave abruptly but glad I came ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 sunshine22

iv been away from this thread for ages. Im in if anything is planned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thierrym

Hi, I am looking to make new friends in galway. i am a 45 years old man and have neglected my social life for some time. any more meet ups organised?

City Limits Oranmore BOWLING; - Galway Advertiser - Advertiser Deals: €18 (55% reduced from Main Price,) For Up To 6 PEOPLE FOR 1 HOUR; - and Arcade Games Credit €3 Voucher, and Tea / Coffee For 2 People.
    *Offer Available via PDF Print Voucher ONLY.

*Valid Until March 31st 2013.
    * Note: 7 Days 4 H remaining for this Deal at the moment.

FLYER AS FOLLOWS:

BowlingGAA-DealsOranmoreOffer18eurfor6Peeps-Feb-Mar2013-crop.jpg

PS: I know it sounds like I'm p1mping City Limits but I'm not really, it's on Advertiser Deals. :) I can't Screenshot the Flyer for it on Chrome, and Mozilla stoopid thang keeps crashing on me.

Is there any other things people can think of to do? :) I would love to do some kind of shooting! :o:D Or Archery or something like that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭feargalmcc1

Is there anymore space for me ? When are Ye meeting again ?

• Advertisement

Is there any other things people can think of to do? :) I would love to do some kind of shooting! :o:D Or Archery or something like that. :)

Airsoft? Paintballing? Armed Robbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

grosser should really take this one, he is an connaisseur when it comes to all hobbies that involve firing something at something.

:D

I like to throw things! and shoot at things! :o:D:)

Will not be partaking in armed robbery activities. :eek: :pac:

300x345px-LL-4ab85035_167278.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I am pimping my own wares here, but I have a table quiz in Monroes on Wednesday night. Some really nice prizes like VIP tickets to the Snooker, football in the Aviva, Connacht Games. I myself am trying to make friends in Galway, but it would be nice to see some boardsies get a team together!

I'm not even sure if you're "allowed to p1mp your own wares!" carpothepunk. :pac: Maybe you should check with the Higher-ups first? I do know that a couple of peeps possibly further back in this Thread have mentionned that they are interested in Table-Quizzes in Galway. But maybe you should see/ask about getting it listed on the Region --> West --> Galway City --> What's on in the city? Thread. It is Stickied and likely would get more traffic than this Thread here would.

Edit: I stand corrected! :cool: This particular Thread actually seems to be 1 of the highest viewed. :):) Crikey, what in the heck would people be doing just looking at this kind-of Thread and not get involved?!? :D:confused: The nosey so n' sos!! :P Anyway it might be an idea to try the Stickied Link above as there may be more interest there. :)

Haha, I posted in there anyway. Said I would chance my arm anyway. Its for a good cause. :)

Haha, I posted in there anyway. Said I would chance my arm anyway. Its for a good cause. :)

29641126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll let it go this time but please use the proper thread in the future.

Too bad it's Weds as I'm away then. Next time though, love those quizzes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Perhaps we could have a separate thread for quizzes? Some people are reluctant to wade through pages of, for example, posts about upcoming DJ evenings or drum 'n bass sets to see if there's a table quiz somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Perhaps we could have a separate thread for quizzes? Some people are reluctant to wade through pages of, for example, posts about upcoming DJ evenings or drum 'n bass sets to see if there's a table quiz somewhere.

Great idea, seconded :D

dan hibiki wrote: »
    29641126.jpg

Excellent! It is in Monroes, 40 per team, for the Alan Kerins Project. 7.30pm or so. And the football on the telly, if you are so inclined.
    biko wrote: »
    I'll let it go this time but please use the proper thread in the future.

Too bad it's Weds as I'm away then. Next time though, love those quizzes me.

Thank you, Biko, appreciated and duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ficheall wrote: »
    I've cleaned up that thread a bit and removed >1yr events. At the moment I don't see a need for a separate thread just for quizzes.
    Note that there is a dedicated thread for quizzes nationwide. Something to keep an eye on.

I am pimping my own wares here, but I have a table quiz in Monroes on Wednesday night. Some really nice prizes like VIP tickets to the Snooker, football in the Aviva, Connacht Games. I myself am trying to make friends in Galway, but it would be nice to see some boardsies get a team together!

how many per team? do we have enough people?

Carpothepunk sometimes there's interest shown in things and then said interest vanishes into thin air! :eek: So make sure everything is confirmed in case you're left to pay for accounted tables minus the Quizees out of your own pocket. ;):/

dan hibiki wrote: »
    how many per team? do we have enough people?

4 or 5 per team. Its 40 euro per table. First prize is two premium level tickets to the Ireland/Austria match in the Aviva, and two VIP tickets to the final of the PDC snooker event in Galway in March. Theres other spot prizes like tickets to the rugby, bottles of wine etc too.

Thanks alot, confuseddotcom, we have done everything we can. Hopefully people from work etc come. I will be the MC with the hilarious Louth accent. Feel free to come say hello.

All we need now is people to show up haha.

well, if 3 other boardsies pm me to make a team, im up for it!

i take it, thats a 'no' then. :(

Anyone fancy doing a harlem shake in town? Could be good craic!

A who what now?! :pac:

• Advertisement

This might explain it!

Advertisement