Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Count me out of that one I guess! Damn me and my inability to like the taste of beer eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in Germany so :D

bierzelt-rauchen20090120164019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

haha surprisingly lasted quite well in the home of pilsner urquell so I might survive Germany...might!

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Count me out of that one I guess! Damn me and my inability to like the taste of beer eh!

Generally we only have one or two there before heading to a pub such as O'Connolls before venturing further into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Beeeeeeeeeeeers!!!!!11one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Date for Quiz in the Skeff, I'll have Monday!

Free entry/monthly/rolling jackpot/pints and food to be won, free finger food!

Boards beers at the first? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yes plz

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't understand this post. :o
    Am I really dumb?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Any update on the quiz carpothepunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

So, what's happening with the beers on Christmas market?

• Advertisement

Yeah we should get that going, just about 3 weekends left.

Friday 13th is the provisional date. Weigh in here with any input.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Happy Christmas my dear Irish people!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mccarta4

Hey! I just moved to Galway City from Wicklow too! Lets go bowling!

Aye, bowling sounds fun :)
    There's one on Headford Road and another in Oranmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

When's the Bowling happening? :)

Could go do some Bowling first and then to Pub after..........?

is the laser quest back open upstairs?

Bowling & Beerz wraphead nevah mind Laser Quest! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Bowling & Beerz wraphead nevah mind Laser Quest! :pac::pac:
    HEY! Laser Quest is totes amazeballs ok?...That's how you make friends right? Talk in a D4 accent?

What's in Laser Quest?! Lots of shooting and stuff is it?! :p

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind either but bowling sounds better for the social bit than running around shooting at each other :D

Bowling then beers or beers then laser quest

Drunk laser quest is the sh!t

That sounds hilarious! :)

my8lc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Hi there,

I moved to Galway awhile back and I'm still finding it really hard to make friends. My boyfriend is from Galway and I've met quite a few people through him but they're all "his" friends if you get me? Currently paying silly money for rent so I'm always broke. I'm a female in my twenties. Just looking for suggestions of ways to meet people? Or clubs/classes etc that are preferably free where it's easy to get to know people? :D If you're in the same boat feel free to pm me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Hey there,

Living in Galway awhile now and finding it hard to meet people. Someone be my friend. I'm nice I swear!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gonein20secs

Sounds good! It's nice to meet with new people

Very last min but there a quiz upstairs in Dáil bar - is Connacht supporters quiz but is general knowledge not rugby based

Offically starts 7:30 but if you here before 8 should be grand

Edit: is 4 per team, €10er each, come on your own if u want as always teams lookin for a 4th person

Money goes towars children cancer charity (name escapes me, is Childrens wing of Cancer First)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clareguy25

Im in the same boat as some of you, living in galway, nobody to do stuff with! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ClareAus

Hey guys!

I'm also in a similar boat…moved to Galway a few months back and finding it hard to make friends (arghh tough when you've left an awesome lot back home in Melbourne). I'm a 31 year-old from Melbourne, who's very easy-going, loves a good laugh and stimulating conversation and generally a good time (ooh this is sounding like a personal ad - eeep!). Everyone keeps telling me there are so many amazing things to do in galway, but i don't end up doing them, so want to pull my finger out and get into it! :)

If anyone feels like meeting up for a pint or a samosa at the saturday market or something, let me know. I also think the laughter club is meeting at the uni tomorrow night between 8-10, so considering doing that.

Clareguy25, gonein20secs, Gosh_idiots and co. let's do something! I might forget to check this board, so drop me a text or email - [email]<snip>[/email] / 08 <snip>

also because i'm not irish, i haven't been to giant's causeway so considering a trip there very soon if anyone wants to join and split the cost of petrol.

Advertisement