Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Will give this another lash shure! :pac:
    Any peeps up for some Bowling 1 of the evenings / over the weekend / next week.....?! If interested please mention when free...... :)

The more I think about it Bowling is probably just boring. Is there anything else people can think of that would be nice to get a few together?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

I made a post about possibly getting a table quiz team together but have had little or no interest yet. Don't think there's much traffic on this thread these days.

Has this pretty much died down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sinead198

I made a post about possibly getting a table quiz team together but have had little or no interest yet. Don't think there's much traffic on this thread these days.

Interesting idea!

Meetup is absolutely terrible in Galway. There's a few social stuff, but a lot of the events are based around seminars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well there's the Beers. Hopefully we'll get a few more peeps signing up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

sinead198 wrote: »
    Interesting idea!

Hi Sinead, maybe we can get a team together at some stage if you know anyone else who might be interested. I'll keep an eye out myself : ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

Im a 23 year old male who would like to meet new people. I dont mind what gender you are, i dont really mind what age you are either, but id love to meet some new people, or a new person that wants a new friend too. If anyone is in the same boat well meet up for a coffee or a pint and talk more then. Many thanks.

I was at the Headford Rd bowling some time ago with some friends. It was great! Should we do a night? They even have beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Is it Tuesday nights that it's a game and a beer for a fiver?

• Advertisement

Maybe, I was there on a Friday and it was a game and a beer for a tenner

That's still pretty damn good. :pac:

Actually, maybe it was 12?
    2 games of Bowling and a bottle of Beer of your choice for €9.99 per person Mon & Tues, €12pp Wed to Fri and €14pp Sat & Sun.
    http://www.planetgalway.ie/page.php?page=bowling-beer

Btw, there is a good meetup group here http://www.meetup.com/GalwayCitySocial/ for various activities (I've done some and they were good).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hey guys
    Sorry to bump up this but I'm looking for suggestions of things to do especially now that the evenings are stretching. I've looked at meet up but it keeps generating activities that arnt in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Depends what you're into.

There are numerous 5 a side football matches in the city [mine are looking for numbers if you're interested :)]

There's also less physical activities dotted around - there's a board games/video games group that meet every Monday in Seven on Bridge Street, very friendly bunch.

I'm sure there's a few running clubs/hill walking clubs as well.

Pottery classes, drum circles, golf, kick the wall, cooking classes, various types of dancing classes, etc

I'm going windsurfing with one of the Meetup groups this Sunday down Rusheen Bay.

http://www.rusheenbay.com/book/ Just click on Sunday the 24th and it should pop up. 30 beans, and it runs from 1.45pm - 4.45pm.

I think you have to book by today, so apologies for the short notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

biko wrote: »
    Pottery classes, drum circles, golf, kick the wall, cooking classes, various types of dancing classes, etc

What the hell are drum circles?

If you were to google Galway Drum Circle it would be explained.

• Advertisement

What the hell are drum circles?

Need to get your ass down to Claddagh beach during Arts Festival season, boss! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or Shop St on a fine day in summer .... :-(

Anyone up for a good old fashioned beers whenever we get the fine weather again?

Anyone up for a good old fashioned beers whenever we get the fine weather again?

13th of May? Rain, hail or shine...

I don't see why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Anyone about? :) This Thread needs a bitta life folks. C'mon! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pontoonz

i'm a maybe

I'll be travelling away but will try to make the next one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pontoonz

what about friday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yeah could do Friday night but dunno is there interest Pontoonz.... Does the Friday suit you? There'd usually be a handful of replies by now I'd say if there was a few peeps around that would like to meet up... :/

Advertisement