Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the worst smell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Driving through Killybegs many years ago with the wind in your face blowing from the fish factory. Not good at all, and you have to keep going to get by. Didn't know I could keep my breath in for so long !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Had a feed of bacon and green cabgage in Kinnegad and sluiced out a ripe coil immediately on arriving home.

Bang off the dump would strip paint.

In the house for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Used to work in a lab. By far the worst was effluent from a slaughter hourse and effluent from a polular mint based alcoholic drink. The first time I smelled the slaughter house one I actually retched, unbelievable pong off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Old people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A dead body. I assume human ones smell just as bad as animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

When you leave an old bucket at the bottom of the garden all winter and it fills up with leaves and water and rots...You just cant get rid of that smell..its worse than death.
    Closely followed by
    chicken/cat poo
    slurry
    old people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

One of my good friends is a nurse, so shes used to the foul stench of human wastes. She says that human blood is the worst shes ever smelled. Something nasty about the iron in the blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

The smell of desperation....

The smell of failure!

The smell of an aeroflot food trolley left for 4 days in the sweltering heat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

My cat crapped on the mat in the living room over Christmas.
    Had to clean it the next morning hungover as bedamned...thought I'd throw up.
    I was nearly crying it was so bad. God help anyone who has to clean up sh1t regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Had a job while in college working for a company that built sheds, factories, etc. It was one of those rare hot Summer weeks that occur once every few decades in Ireland and we had the job of replacing a roof on a meat factory. This same meat factory had been on strike for a few weeks, so after crossing the picket line we were met with the most vile stomach turning smell of dead meat that was still on the floor of a very warm factory for the past few weeks. Awful few days of work, but the 2 punts an hour I was getting paid helped me get thought it :(

I knew a girl once who smelled really bad. I was always trying to avoid her because I couldn't help holding my breath around her and I didn't want her to think I was being mean. I was later informed that when someone of her size (she was pretty overweight) doesn't properly wash in between their folds, a mould grows there and that's what the smell is. Worst thing I've ever smelled, and that's even compared to in college when we had to start dissecting a rat one week and then come back a week later to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I find body odour really bad. I grew up in a hot climate so everyone wore deodorant -daily!!!

Living in London many years later I was on the Tube in the summer and people were squashed in with their arms up holding on. I could not believe the amount of people that had huge visible sweat patches and reeked. Even thinking about it makes me want to gag...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I had to clean out a blocked manhole once which was full of decaying faeces. The smell was so bad it brought tears to my eyes & almost made me vomit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Try smelling a body bag when it's opened to reveal a body that's been in a river for 6 weeks - not nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Your Ma!!

Redbull a close second. Followed by playdo.

• Advertisement

Cant believe it took five pages for that. I'll send ya a goodie bag in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

Human sh*t.
    For those unfortunate to encounter the poop of another ,there's usually no smell because its underwater in a public toilet.

But one morning I had to run some cables around an old store house that had been burgled the night before.
    One of the intruders had produced a "log" and managed to stick it near the top of a 12ft wooden sliding door.

I had to work directly above the elevated excrement for at least half an hour.....that was nearly 20 years ago but I still remember the smell....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Cant believe it took five pages for that. I'll send ya a goodie bag in the post.

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Has to be human poop after sushi and bulmers. we were in a tent in england and my mate ate a ton of it and also was on the beer that night he sprayed the whole tent insides. the bang was rotten. It was even on the tent roof!
    we had to burn the tent and get a new one :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Durty Vag

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Cat wee ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have to agree on the killybegs fish factory. i used to drive to there every monday and used to hyperventilate 10 minutes before reaching it...jesus in the sun it was dire....if i was ever speed checked there i would have been screwed, i was approaching light speed. i remember driving another guy up there for a meeting and he was going wtf are you at as i hyperventilated...jesus i nearly crashed from laughing when he finally smelt it...

the other is decayed prawns....sweet baby jesus thats bad

and finally, a smell i cant even begin to describe..turkey intestines...

i worked as a kid one summer in a butchers shop and got the task no one else wanted...gutting turkeys. this was at a time before meat was magically created in little plastic trays with a sprig of fukin parsley...

the first one is bad...the second turkey builds on the first...its like it increases in volume with each breath....by the 6 or 7th i actually gagged a bit and had to take a break...horrible...its like a smell that can pass thru 10 inches of lead..and it stays with you no matter what you do...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Sex Panther

Smells like Bigfoot's dick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I was looking after a friend's cat for a few weeks. I actually gagged cleaning out the litter tray from the mixture of cat piss and shít. Nasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Your mothers kunt.

Just sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Dead animals in a knackery near where i live, passing it on a hot summers day, the smell is just disgusting.
    Sour milk, it makes me hurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Bigfoot's dick

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

bronte wrote: »
    My cat crapped on the mat in the living room over Christmas.
    Had to clean it the next morning hungover as bedamned...thought I'd throw up.
    I was nearly crying it was so bad. God help anyone who has to clean up sh1t regularly.

Reminds me... "My cat shat on the mat...." :pac:
    Bigfoot's dick

Bigfoot? Where?

/me runs for da hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The smell of neglect:(

The smell of a rotting animal.

The smell of vanilla scented candles. Sometimes I pick one up in a shop and have a little sniff and a heave just to torture myself:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Festival portaloos especially after bucket loads of jagermister and vodkas:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

Bigfoot's dick

mrs bigfoots vag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Decomposing human remains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Fear.

But only when it's coming off youself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Naas. I hate driving by it :D

You'd think they'd wash themselves once in a while and stop blaming it on the waste place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Onions and eggs...and somebody who ate onions or eggs :eek:

Your mothers kunt.

Just sayin'.
    This irks me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭teddy_303

infected gee or cat sh1te

Farts. Other peoples that is, not mine, mine smell lovely and should in fact be bottled and sold as a perfume.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

One of those holes in the ground at a rock concert that everybody ****s in..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

piercings (stretched ear piercings smell yuck!)

car freshners (vomit!)

some avon perfum that made me sick while pregnant and makes me wana get sick 8 years later anytime i smell it on someone!

smell is in the nose of the beholder... or suma like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

extremely stagnant water.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

pig fat rendering plant!! vile just vile
    and i was only driving by it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I had never noticed the following until I read it in a thread AGES ago on the same subject.

That waft you get when you open a packet of ham. Eugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

The smell in the wind near the mushroom processing plant outside Gorey. When collecting someone from the train in Gorey and heading home you have to mention it in case they think it's you or your f*rts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

rotting lugworm (it is the type of worm that makes the worm casts on a beach)
    it does not need much of it either one or 2 worms can completely stink up a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Chicken sh1t. When farmers spread it on a field. Its so bad some people with asthma have bad reactions to it.

Also I farted last week and it smelled like ham and onions. It was fcukin' rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

human cadavers decomposing:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The smell of vomit for me. I hate it with a vengeance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

smokers with acute necrotising ulcerative gingivitis who haven't brushed their teeth in a year or three..

• Advertisement
Advertisement