Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ufc credentials

• 03-03-2011 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Who on the Irish mma scene do he think has wat it takes to make it into the ufc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

conor mcgregor has alot of potential. theres alot of good guys fighting out of ireland at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

He's not really on the Irish scene but Paul Mcveigh would be our best bet I would say for actually doing well in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DamoUp

I saw Paul is going to the TUF Bantam weight tryouts in a few weeks, which he should get through. With Paul in the house that would create something worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I am sure that there are a lot of Irish guys who would have a definite chance of qualifying for The Ultimate Fighter.

With the UFC constantly searching to grow its brand I would think that an Irish entrant would be to the UFC's liking. Getting on the Ultimate Fighter has proven to be a very efficient way of making it in the UFC. Guys like Nick Ring, Nate Quarry, Chris Leben, James McSweeney, Cody McKenzie, Marcus Davis etc have demonstrated that you don't even need to win the competition (or even do very well in it) in order to make it into the UFC proper.

How many Irish lads have competed in TUF? The only one I can remember is Joseph Duffy (who was at least born in Ireland) and he was beaten in the preliminary round of the last season. Season 14 of TUF will be bantamweights and featherweights and I would have thought that guys like Owen Roddy should have been in the queue for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

did joe duffy beat conor mcgregor in cagewarriors last? Right now out of the active fighters fighting in ireland i'd rate john donnelly highest. Perhaps the winner of pendred/shannon fields(when he's fit)/redmond could fight him to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

crosdad wrote: »
    conor mcgregor has alot of potential. theres alot of good guys fighting out of ireland at the moment though.

Yeah I agree wit" conor mcgregor" I think hes one of the most exciting fighters at the moment his stand up is 2nd to none...definitly top of the list if the ufc come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

ya duffy beat conor mcgregor at cw 39. duffy is looking really slick. mcgregor is top class also. great boxing and his grappling is sure to improve at sbg. a lot of good irish fighters out there at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wayno

Ray Mond wrote: »
    Who on the Irish mma scene do he think has wat it takes to make it into the ufc?
    john Donnelly goes without SAYIN i have trained with john and he is well rounded guy he has fought a lot of good guys and proved its last weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

no mention of niel seery?...... hes been unstoppable lately plus has international experience..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

how light are the ufc going? i don't think neil would fit into any of their weight classes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

how light are the ufc going? i don't think neil would fit into any of their weight classes
    Think theyre goin as far as 135lbs.
    I doubt donnelly and redmond would ever happen. Rush is part of the revolution team. I dont know if donnelly is really interested in any Irish fighters at the mo. He's lookin to make a dent internationally it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

tyreman1 wrote: »
    no mention of niel seery?...... hes been unstoppable lately plus has international experience..

How old is he?

Advertisement