Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Can't score...

Options
  • 03-03-2011 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just got FIFA 11 (X360) there today, and I just can't score on Professional.

I don't concede easy, but most (90+%) of my games are 0-0...
    Best I did was a 2-1 win over FC Thun - but in a friendly, seems easier
    to score in friendlies.
    The rest are 0-0 draws ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. best was a 1-1 draw v West Ham in a league game - i play as Chelsea so it is one of the best teams.

If I play semi-pro I win 6 maybe 7 nil, it's too easy ..
    So i have no challenge that is exciting, i either can't score at all or can score with my eyes closed.

In Pro, the ball just gets taken off me, I can't shield the ball,
    EVERY PASS i make is intercepted, and when i rarely have the ball one on one the keeper makes a save or i shoot wide.

How do people play this game on world class ??? :O !!!!

looking at the advanced controls, they are very complex , i don't think i could remember them while in the fast game....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

the_monkey wrote: »
    I need to practice

Seriously, just practice, maybe start off playing as Spain and play against a very poor team building your way up when you know how the opposition play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Hold RT/R2 to shield the ball, I'd say you already know this. Practice is they key although I find the 1-2 passing to be very beneficial especially when playin Pro or World class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

veXual wrote: »
    Hold RT/R2 to shield the ball, I'd say you already know this. Practice is they key although I find the 1-2 passing to be very beneficial especially when playin Pro or World class.

Yeah, but isn't R2 for sprinting ?

I still can't bloody score on FIFA 11 !!! - against a tough team.

So frustrating, I was at a mate's house and played some FIFA 09, and could beat Arsenal 3-1 on Pro.

I tried the same today (FIFA 11) and failed, got some 0-0 draws
    and a 2-1 defeat - so managed to score.

Also beat Norwich 2-0.

But with tougher teams it's just impossible, the GK ALWAYS makes
    a save in a 1on1 situation - so completely unrealistic.

I hit the post about 20 times.

I am using the finesse control to try to be more accurate but doesn't help,
    the GK will either save it or it will hit the post - or fly 20 metres over the
    bar despite tapping shoot and using the finesse button.

I don't mind losing when it's fair, but when it's completely unfair it's just frustrating.

Is there better help apart from the manual available??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I wouldnt go as far as calling FIFA 11 unrealistic because you cant score. I myself had to stop my World Class career as United because it was too easy, I am now playing a career with Blackpool on legendary and have won 3, drawn 1 and im regularily scoring, so its not a problem with the game. Its all down to getting used to the game, Ive been playing FIFA alot since 06, and its about familiarising yourself with what works. For 1v1 situations, dont always sprint, if you have time, slow down, hold the R1 button while shooting (this is called a finesse shot) for a more placed finish and enough power to place it away from the keeper but not so much it goes wide (use the Arena to practise finishing and get an idea of power) also make sure its on your players stronger foot (huge part of finishing in FIFA). I dont know what else to say really other than keep at it. If youve got any more specific areas you need help in I would be glad to give you advice if I can.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I wouldnt go as far as calling FIFA 11 unrealistic because you cant score. I myself had to stop my World Class career as United because it was too easy, I am now playing a career with Blackpool on legendary and have won 3, drawn 1 and im regularily scoring, so its not a problem with the game. Its all down to getting used to the game, Ive been playing FIFA alot since 06, and its about familiarising yourself with what works. For 1v1 situations, dont always sprint, if you have time, slow down, hold the R1 button while shooting (this is called a finesse shot) for a more placed finish and enough power to place it away from the keeper but not so much it goes wide (use the Arena to practise finishing and get an idea of power) also make sure its on your players stronger foot (huge part of finishing in FIFA). I dont know what else to say really other than keep at it. If youve got any more specific areas you need help in I would be glad to give you advice if I can.

Thanks, wow I wish i had that problem!!

Back in the days of FIFA 2001, 2002 - I could master it no problem,
    then didn't play it in years and is quite tough now - I find FIFA 2009 a lot
    easier - I can score and win in pro level there.

Problem is i do the finesse shot a lot and seems not to work (GK saves)
    yet in the practice mode before the games with the 1n1 it's easy to score!!

OK so now I am able to win on professional , but usually by 1-0, it is strange it is easy (ish) to get the 1st goal, but the 2nd is impossible at times, I top the table with 10 games played, but they are tough wins - all but maybe 2 are 1-0 wins - the others 0-0 and a 2-0 win.

Does it get harder after the first goal ? does it go up a difficulty ? cos the keeper is just making IMPOSSIBLE saves - plus my players do stupid things when they are thru on goal - like slow down to let the defenders catch up - or when i tackle and get a ball the player just falls over and all my other players run away from the ball !!! :eek: so the other team then just re posseses.

I don't mind losing (as in not scoring) cos it's too good , but losing cos of the programmed "cheating" is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I find pro and World class too easy

winning 9-0 on World Class at such like.

I find pro and World class too easy

winning 9-0 on World Class at such like.

Ok scoring more now on Pro ...

Maybe I need to use more controls, I still use the basic controls,
    (XBOX) I use A to pass, I use the run trigger, I use the X to shoot with RB
    for better accuracy.

that's it.

is there other ways to score ? I find using X to shoot while far out (without RB) the ball just blows over the bar - also how the hell do you get freekicks in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

the_monkey wrote: »
    Ok scoring more now on Pro ...

Maybe I need to use more controls, I still use the basic controls,
    (XBOX) I use A to pass, I use the run trigger, I use the X to shoot with RB
    for better accuracy.

that's it.

is there other ways to score ? I find using X to shoot while far out (without RB) the ball just blows over the bar - also how the hell do you get freekicks in ??

I wouldn't use RB all the time.
    It's good in certain situations, like when you're on the stronger foot just outside the box. You can bend an unstoppable shot in

The best thing you can use it is LB when you pass. The passer will then make a run forward and you can lob it over the top or slide a pass in.

Free kicks are easy enough at close range (27 Yards or below)

There is a very good tutorial here.

That one works for most free kick situations.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

I wouldn't use RB all the time.
    It's good in certain situations, like when you're on the stronger foot just outside the box. You can bend an unstoppable shot in

The best thing you can use it is LB when you pass. The passer will then make a run forward and you can lob it over the top or slide a pass in.

Free kicks are easy enough at close range (27 Yards or below)

There is a very good tutorial here.

That one works for most free kick situations.

Hope this helps :)

good tutorial

Advertisement