Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Market Research thread : well kind of

• 03-03-2011 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

This is a spin off from the Business Idea's thread.
    I think there were some great idea's there , But opinions count for nothing UNLESS a lot of people have the same opinion....Then you have a possible moneymaker.

Before anyone invests nowdays they want to see a business plan, now i'm not saying that answers to a thread on a forum would count as credible market research ...it wouldn't but it could be used to indicate whether proper Market Research carried out by an expensive company is worth while.

How would it work here ?

Lets say i have an idea for a business that involves let's say running a double decker bus with a bar and sounds around the city, and stopping off outside every pub in the city. Do this loop until the pubs close with a hop on hop off service ...(as long as you've paid your initial fee and have your ticket or tag). Obviously you'd sell advertising to all pubs trying to sell their advantage to the wandering punters.
    With me so far ?
    Right so i think it's a good idea and sink all my money into it....but no-one turns up and i'm broke.
    So if i want to know how viable this is ...i put up a poll here that asks

Would you be interested ?
    Ho often would you use it?
    How much would you pay?
    How old are you ?

So then people would answer the poll BUT also ask their sisters , brothers, mothers, etc to answer ...this gives a representative sample of the community and from the results it can be assessed whether or not the idea would work and if worth pursuing.So if 650 people from 1000 replied positively well then this could mean 6500 from 10,000 would be positive about it etc...and that's interest and has possibilities. A crude but effective first step to starting a business or perhaps not.
    I'm sure the administrators could come up with an effective format if people were interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i think your mad! ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm pretty sure the admins don't like their site being used for market research. Maybe if they were getting paid, they might go along with it but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Would you be interested ? No
    Ho often would you use it? Never
    How much would you pay? Zilch
    How old are you ? 30

Like the idea of the thread. Dont like the idea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wouldn't work. Businesses are struggling, pubs in particular, and we don't have a high amount of tourists that would use the service. Its a type of service which wouldn't work in Waterford imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 willers

sounds like a tourist or novelty service like for stags and hens not sure if it wud do enough business every week here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

i just don't think it would work. i wouldnt use it and so far that seems to be the general concensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Already been done elsewhere......dont know if it'd work here tho'

http://www.partybus.ie/

edit. just copped it's available here also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wouldnt be interested for me anyway, age 33. Sounds like we wouldnt have the population for a one off experience like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭maggiep2010

wouldn't work, all the busy pubs in the city are too close together so why would someone pay to be dropped off to them...and even for private hire you'd probably only get business on a saturday night.....

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Sorry all
    From the replies on this, i think there's been a misunderstanding.
    The thread is not about the mentioned bus service which is why i said "lets say" before mentioning it.
    The thread is about seeing what support there would be in the city for a novel business idea,
    No prob in leaving this thread die though....should've market researched the thread first ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement