Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Dogs found in Dromkeen \ Cappamore

• 03-03-2011 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello,

These 2 dogs were found in the Dromkeen \ Cappamore area over 2 nights ago.

Very friendly, healthy, easy going dogs who are together the whole time.

One seems to be a small lab type & the other a larger terrier type.

They are currently sleeping outside my sister's house in Dromkeen and have not left.
    She is unable to hold onto them as her dog is jealous of these 2 new dogs.
    Limerick Animal Welfare are full and unable to take them.

If anyone could provide a temporary home for them please reply.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ring LAW again, and explain that your sister cannot keep them due to her already having a dog, and that she will reluctantly have to move the dogs on.

LAW may be able to get in touch with one of their volunteers who act as foster owners for animals.

I must add that LAW do an amazing job. They take in dogs, cats and pretty much anything else that walks or flies. They do so without any major government funding, and they have huge costs each month for animal vet bills, food, bedding etc.

Their volunteers who foster animals for LAW do so at their own cost and receive no payment for their great work as well.

If anyone ever has a few spare euro to give to a charitry, then the Limerick Animal Welfare should be considered as they are a very worthy local cause. Or if folk have spare cds, dvds etc that they don't want, they can donate them to the LAW shop in town so that they can sell them for funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 NissanFan

Will do.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hi Nissanfan, maybe you should post here in the lost and found thread in the animal and pets forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055413146 and maybe in the Limerick county and Tipperary forums too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Hi Nissanfan,

I've sent you a pm. I know someone who might be able to help.

Molly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 NissanFan

Thanks for the replies
    These dogs were given to North Tipp dog control on Thurs night.
    We were promised that they wouldnt be put down.

Unfortunately my sister wasnt in a situation to hold them any longer and LAW and another sanctuary in Tipperary were full at the time.

Both dogs were had very good temperments.
    The black haired dog was possibly 8 or 9 and very very friendly.
    The lab type dog was about 1 year old and very playful.
    Both would make great family pets.

My sister's neighbour saw these dogs being dumped out of a car so obviously the owner will not be reclaiming them.

Very very nice dogs and very well behaved.

If anyone can provide a home for them contact North Tipp dog control.

Regards,

• Advertisement
Advertisement