Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps

Options
  • 03-03-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

My listing for Google maps has disappeared for "wedding video cork".
    Also my serp has dropped for this listing.

I’m still on the maps for “wedding video Kerry “ and “wedding video Waterford”

Any ideas why this would happen?

url: http://www.ashmoreproductions.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I'm seeing you in third place on the map listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I see you fifth

(not logged in)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

This is strange. I've just checked on firefox and I'm no 1 for "wedding video cork"
    On Safari & Internet Explorer I'm no 3

my site dosent seem to be stable on the serp results.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

texanman wrote: »
    my site dosent seem to be stable on the serp results.
    I'd suggest it's not (just) your site or rankings that are changing, but how you're checking the results having a direct impact on those results.

Are you searching using .com, .ie or .ie pages from Ireland? This will have an impact on the results you see.

Are you logged into your google account when searching? This will have an impact on the results you see.

Are you clearing your cache/cookies/history prior/post searching? This will have an impact on the results you see.

There are a number of previous posts here on how to remove personalisation and localisation from search results which you might find helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

If you're in Dublin and search for something +Cork - you'll get different SERP's and visa versa.

If you're in Cork and search for something, Google may default to a +Places search.

Google will also distinguish between Cork and Co cork - which is often a nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

link8r wrote: »
    Google will also distinguish between Cork and Co cork - which is often a nightmare!
    Not to mention the fact that so many Irish ISPs/IP addresses are a nightmare and identify a completely irrelevant location (e.g. Cork showing as Dublin).

Not to mention the fact that so many Irish ISPs/IP addresses are a nightmare and identify a completely irrelevant location (e.g. Cork showing as Dublin).

Yeah, this too. And signed out personalised search.

texanman wrote: »
    My listing for Google maps has disappeared for "wedding video cork".
    Also my serp has dropped for this listing.

I’m still on the maps for “wedding video Kerry “ and “wedding video Waterford”

Any ideas why this would happen?

url: http://www.ashmoreproductions.com

Places are linked to organic results - so you have to have some level of organic rank as well as getting the profile matched.

Advertisement