Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN DESTROYERS RLFC - THE FACTS

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Morning All

Due to some of the posts of myths and legends that are on boards.ie I would like to confirm the following about DUBLIN DESTROYERS RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB...........

Dublin Destroyers RLFC is currently operational and working towards the start of the Rugby League season in 2 months time.

We train twice a week of which is held on a Wednesday and Saturday. Training takes place at the ITB in Blanchardstown. We are currently recruiting additional players, whatever your experience to be part of the squad for coming season so I would ask you to contact myself or Paul Roche on the numbers below for further information.

Also if you are aware of other Rugby players who may be interested in playing please pass on our contact details.

We currently have a website which is www.pitchero.com/clubs/dublindestroyers. Please be advised some of the information is out of date as we are currently updating the site.

For more info/contacts/details please PM me.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Best of luck to the destroyers. just a note to the poster, I've removed the mobile numbers you put on the post as its generally not a good idea. Anyone who wants any info/contacts etc... just PM noctorpaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 secondrow

Is there many games in your league this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 noctorpaul

Thanks for your query secondrow......at this present time we are still awaiting the confirmed fixtures from Rugby League Ireland but I expect us to have a minimum of 4/5 games. In addition we are planning to enter one of the 9's tournaments that are being held during the summer. This will increase player and game time especially for the new lads to the game.....

If your want further information about training etc please PM and I can offer some advice, alternativley you can visit our website at http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dublindestroyers/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

how many players have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 noctorpaul

Thanks for your question.....at present we have around 10 - 12 players but we would like to get over 18.....are you playing rugby yourself and would be interested in playing for us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

Thanksfor the offer but i have already committed to a team for the foreseeable future. But i will look forward to facing the Dublin Destroyers this season.

Best of luck with the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fanofrl

Wishing you the very best of luck thisseason. Will you be playing in the RUGB LEAGUE IRELAND league along with other Dublin teams such as North Dublin Eagles, Dublin City Exiles and Ballyfermot Bears?
    Are your players all union converst, new to rugby?
    Do you have any starr signings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 secondrow

we are going ok are you interested in playing for us?

secondrow wrote: »
    we are going ok are you interested in playing for us?

Not personally. Have sent you a PM though.
    Best of Luck this season... What league are you playing in? I assume it's the RLI league as I know of no other.

I see the web site is down for D.D.
    I hope this is not a bad sign that the club is not going ahead. I heard it failed in Ballyfermot, has it failed again in Blanchardstown? I thought things were going well.
    I hope so?
    Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure if this is relevent to this thread but Tallaght RFC (union) are putting a team out against a side from ballyfermot this Tuesday at the P&T club in kiltipper.

There's no floodlight so they are hoping to kick off before 7 and just play 'till it gets dark'.

We (tallaght) have no experience, except for 1 r 2 players who played a small bit of RL a few years ago for a season or two.

Advertisement