Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back Back Back - LOI fixtures 04/03/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We can now bring as many fans as we want to Tallaght once we dont wear colours and Q up nice and early to get our tickets
    This was always the case, what are you talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I think you have this backwards. We will still be couriering out 500 tickets to Inchicore for you to distribute as you see fit, if you want them.

What we will not be doing is selling tickets for away games.

We are sick of collecting 3,000 tickets from D7, handing them €40,000 in cash (which they insist on, even though we take cards, causing us a cashflow issue) at a cost to the club and then having 3,000 fans in a condemned open stand with one entrance / exit, no food facilites, no lighting. unsafe toilets to get treated like dirt by security and our officials even worse.

Fcuk that. Why should we lose money helping Bohs treat us like crap? Let them pay for people to sell us tickets. Enough is enough.

And this also applies in smaller doses to Dundalk, Sligo and Pats.

Thats fair enough for Bohs, us not so much as we provide a seperate entrance and gate for you.

But we have been informed we wont be receiving tickets as normal? is that the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What about the Pats fan arrested with a baseball bat in his tracksuit bottoms?

He was just overexcited to finally see the champions elect.

Thats fair enough for Bohs, us not so much as we provide a seperate entrance and gate for you.

But we have been informed we wont be receiving tickets as normal? is that the case?
    We will not be taking tickets from yourselves to sell to our fans on your behalf. You can take your allocation directly from us if you wish afaik. Whether or not this happens is up to St Patricks.

Afaik, the FAI have completely failed to engage on this with Rovers. It remains to be seen if they cop on once they and the garda are faced with the prospect of 2000 ticketless Rovers fans showing up in Inchicore or Phibsboro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I was surprised to hear Pats were on the bad boy list, but on it you are.

I have no idea. My understanding of this, and it first surfaced over a year ago, is that we will not be doing certain clubs any more favours in terms of their ticketing. I was of the impression that we will still send you out tickets as normal but won't be selling Rovers away tickets in Tallaght for you, but I don't know for certain.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Afaik, the FAI have completely failed to engage on this with Rovers. It remains to be seen if they cop on once they and the garda are faced with the prospect of 2000 ticketless Rovers fans showing up in Inchicore or Phibsboro.

Thats basically it. Clubs have refused to get organised to deal with the numbers we bring and left it up to us to sort out for them, at a cost to us. Now they have to get their act together or face a logisitical nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

flas wrote: »
    to be fair to our lads they have been playing some fantastic stuff in pre season and yer 2nd goal came about through our new centre half making a balls of it and gettin in the way when rouse went to collect the ball, our centre half got in the way, attempted a half arsed clearance and gave it straight to yer player! thought for us don up front( the number9) had a good game, could have set up jacques for a goal in the first half when it was 2 on 1 but he got greedy, our right winger did f all after bundlin over the goal. we are very fast, young team this year, we wont be too bad, thought a draw would have been a fair result, we were better in first half, shels were better in second half. looking forward to the return leg in may!

We were very very bad, has to improve a lot if we're to win it. Cowens a decent player, always has been from what I've seen, one of the better players that plays for ITT too.

You seemed surprised that the FAI can't organise a piss up in a brewery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

We were very very bad, has to improve a lot if we're to win it. Cowens a decent player, always has been from what I've seen, one of the better players that plays for ITT too.

You seemed surprised that the FAI can't organise a piss up in a brewery!

will be interesting to see don up front with ausitin skelly when he gets back to fitness, that will be a hell of a lot of pace up front for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Supposed to be snow hitting the north west this weekend. Hopefully it's not much the big match goes ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

stovelid wrote: »
    I was at the game and didn't see all this hoofing that you're talking about.

As for saying if it had stayed at 11 vs 11. It didn't. Cherrie was sent off for a blatant foul that prevented a near-certain goal.

You didn't take your chances and got beat. Deal with it.

Would agree with the last two points. Definite red card and by not taking our chances got everything we deserved from the game.
    However you must have seriously been watching with blinkers on if you didn't think your defenders were hoofing the ball constantly in the first half. Even when you had the extra man. It's on RTE player if you'd like to check it out again.

Rovers are hoof ball merchants deal with it! ;)

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    Would agree with the last two points. Definite red card and by not taking our chances got everything we deserved from the game.
    However you must have seriously been watching with blinkers on if you didn't think your defenders were hoofing the ball constantly in the first half. Even when you had the extra man. It's on RTE player if you'd like to check it out again.

No-one is disputing we didn't play well in the first half.

However, we weren't 'hoofing the ball consistantly' either.

No-one is disputing we didn't play well in the first half.

However, we weren't 'hoofing the ball consistantly' either.

You have arguably your toughest game of the season next week so this will be a litmus test on how much of a footballing side Rovers really are. If they bi-pass the midfield like I think they will, Sligo will win the game.

Thats basically it. Clubs have refused to get organised to deal with the numbers we bring and left it up to us to sort out for them, at a cost to us. Now they have to get their act together or face a logisitical nightmare.

Again i dont see how our arrangement with you has any issues we give you tickets you then sell them to your fans usually due to ensure ST holders get them, you can still show up on the night and pay in.

Nothing will change for us only you might be a bit later getting into the ground if you show up 5 minutes before KO.

On our end we get tickets from you and sell them via our shop ensuring certain gimps dont get in to tallaght. This is now stopping or not.

Rovers are hoof ball merchants deal with it! ;)

Read back what you're saying. The game didn't finish at half-time? We played shite in the first half and well in the second. In neither half, did I see an outrageous amount of hoofing. A couple of long passes or clearances out of defence doesn't constitute a night of hoofing.

On our end we get tickets from you and sell them via our shop ensuring certain gimps dont get in to tallaght.

In fairness, as said, I assume that loads of Pats and Bohs end up buying home tickets and getting in unless all the usual,boasting that goes on here is spoofing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers the persectued fans, you get locked up like animals for a reason.

Just don't forget to have enough zookeepers unlike last time.
    On our end we get tickets from you and sell them via our shop ensuring certain gimps dont get in to tallaght. This is now stopping or not.

Don't worry, we all know only Rovers have an element.. :pac:

Again i dont see how our arrangement with you has any issues we give you tickets you then sell them to your fans usually due to ensure ST holders get them, you can still show up on the night and pay in.

Nothing will change for us only you might be a getting into the ground if you show up 5 minutes before KO.
    not true, both bohs and pats games last season were all ticket for us

In fairness, as said, I assume that loads of Pats and Bohs end up buying home tickets and getting in unless all the usual,boasting that goes on here is spoofing.

You can tho, i dont if i dont get a ticket via the shop i dont go. Some others would be like minded but a few would just buy them for the home end and walk up.
    not true, both bohs and pats games last season were all ticket for us

Rovers fans did the above at all our games last season, now it may be all you can do. Still dont think any of this nonsense is a good idea.

From you in Richmond qing up to pay for tickets with no cut off point ie we give you 1200 tickets once they sold out not many more will travel over.

Same for us with the 700 limit, some will chance it but not many.

Now both sides can just show up, we get gimps going to tallaght and you get to try fit 2000 into a space that holds 1200ish.

Wont end well tbh.

Dreamer, its more straightforward than that.

Traditionally Rovers sold your tickets at a cost to us. That saved you hassle and money by ensuring that Rovers fans didn't go to Inchicore without a ticket, or only a very small number risked it.

Now its your problem. We are washing our hands of your admin work. You will have 3,000 Rovers fans descending on Emmet Road from 7pm on matchday. Now YOU will have to employ ticket sellers and stewards. YOU will have to worry about logistics.

I agree it won't end well. Thats the point of the fcuking excercise. If you insist on taking our money, you can treat us properly and organise yourselves in the manner we have to to handle big crowds.

But caveat that that this is more directed at Bohs and Dundalk.

• Advertisement

Dreamer, its more straightforward than that.

Traditionally Rovers sold your tickets at a cost to us. That saved you hassle and money by ensuring that Rovers fans didn't go to Inchicore without a ticket, or only a very small number risked it.

Now its your problem. We are washing our hands of your admin work. You will have 3,000 Rovers fans descending on Emmet Road from 7pm on matchday. Now YOU will have to employ ticket sellers and stewards. YOU will have to worry about logistics.

I agree it won't end well. Thats the point of the fcuking excercise. If you insist on taking our money, you can treat us properly and organise yourselves in the manner we have to to handle big crowds.

But caveat that that this is more directed at Bohs and Dundalk.

Bohs and Dundalk isnt really my concern they dont get near the amount of rovers fans as we do, as far as i can see you have the best away fan arrangement in Ireland in Richmond, you get 1 3rd of the ground and can do what you want with it, our stewards dont go near you, the Police say its not their job to go near you.

This is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, Rovers seem to think they are some sort of diety and without them we would all be ****ed. This is a small league and i have seen how this kind of pettiness has panned out before.

Good luck with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You will have 3,000 Rovers fans descending on Emmet Road from 7pm on matchday. Now YOU will have to employ ticket sellers and stewards. YOU will have to worry about logistics.
    Having been stuck queuing for a ticket in the Brandywell for well over half an hour on Friday night (missed the first ten minutes) I have to say you're not going to be happy with this system in the long run.

As far as i can see you have the best away fan arrangement in Ireland in Richmond, you get 1 3rd of the ground and can do what you want with it, our stewards dont go near you, the Police say its not their job to go near you.
    Are you for real? You are saying that you provide no security or stewarding and that is somehow an advantage to us?

We spent an amount higher than most first division clubs entire budgets on matchday expenses in 2009, it is not acceptable to go to away grounds which have no security and stewarding only to have to take the blame when things go pear shaped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

We spent an amount higher than most first division clubs entire budgets on matchday expenses in 2009, it is not acceptable to go to away grounds which have no security and stewarding only to have to take the blame when things go pear shaped.

Ah so that explains the on and off the pitch violence in Oriel and Richmond last season....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

bohsboy wrote: »
    Ah so that explains the on and off the pitch violence in Oriel and Richmond last season....:rolleyes:

Proper professional stewarding would have prevented both incidents. Nobody is defending what did happen but proper stewarding would have prevented anything from happening in the first place. Witness for example the stewarding in Tallaght for the last Rovers/Bohs match when stewards sucessfully prevented Bohs fans getting onto the pitch to attack Gary Twigg. That's the whole point of stewards. Clubs are only too willing to accept the money Rovers' big away crowds bring but are not so willing to put in place good crowd control and stewarding arrangements to manage said big crowds. Giving some oul fella an orange jacket and asking him to stand in front of the away end scratching his hole is not an acceptable form of crowd control in 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Jesus Christ, lads. If he gets up your holes so much, why bother entertaining him? Stop replying to him. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Proper professional stewarding would have prevented both incidents. Nobody is defending what did happen but proper stewarding would have prevented anything from happening in the first place.

There were plenty of guards in Oriel and it didn't prevent the trouble.

Nice try on passing the buck though. :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote: »

Where?

Were you there?

Nice try on passing the buck though. :rolleyes:
    Spoofer

Nobody is defending what did happen but proper stewarding would have prevented anything from happening in the first place.

Thats a quote Im keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Are you for real? You are saying that you provide no security or stewarding and that is somehow an advantage to us?

So ye use to spend more than a lot of first divsion teams entire budget for the year in one night? And ye say my club will be having financial problems in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

I'd recommend any Rovers fan to click here. It makes this forum a lot more readable.

no security and stewarding only to have to take the blame when things go pear shaped.

So what your saying is Rovers fans wont behave themselves unless properly policed?

Pretty incredible that people are implying that proper stewarding and policing shouldn't be paid for. It isn't an issue in Tallaght because it is is paid for (at big expense) and the number of visiting fans is smaller. I can think of one incident since we came to Tallaght with a visiting Dublin side that would have ended in tears but for the Tallaght gardai. That said, I do take on board that the Gardai in Tallaght have been good to Rovers and are far removed from those that handle matches elsewhere i the city.

Interesting that people automatically make snide remarks about affording security costs when they are actually considered to be an essential club cost. It says something about the LOI the way the conversation is going. Do you think you would get clubs in England skimping on policing nd stewarding and saying the supporters should just behave themselves. Sometimes there is only so much you can stomach of this tinpot fucking league.

I too would agree with what ONYD said about Pats; it's Dundalk and especially Bohs that are the problem. If you can't handle the numbers, don't allocate the tickets to us or base part of your finances around stuffing as many fans as you can into a dangerous under-policed part of the ground.

If you can't handle the numbers, don't allocate the tickets to us or base part of your finances around stuffing as many fans as you can into a dangerous under-policed part of the ground.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Bohs in particular have been pulling the píss for years. As a club we will not shoulder the time and cost of helping you treat our fans like dirt. Organise your own debacle and take the consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

So, basically. Rovers are annoyed at being put in the Connaught Street stand by Bohs, so ye're gonna be petty to every other club?

Well in. Classy, as usual ;)

So, basically. Rovers are annoyed at being put in the Connaught Street stand by Bohs, so ye're gonna be petty to every other club?

Well in. Classy, as usual ;)

Not every other club. There were three clubs mentioned. Bohs is a given because they are putting us in a condemned and unsuitable stand. There is odds on to be a full boycott there.

Dundalk and Pats are the two others mentioned. Pats are a little bit unlucky to be in this group, but last season there were incidents in which Rovers fans took 100% of the blame and officials in the two clubs made sure the media had that message. In both incidences Rovers fans were partially to blame but the clubs hung us out to dry. Thankfully in both cases the FAI were savvy enough to not buy it.

It all comes back to the same thing. Too many clubs are happy to take hundreds of thousands of euro off us, treat us like dirt, blame us for every incident in their ground and skimp on stewarding costs.

You may continue to do that, but as a club we will not assist you in doing so by saving you time, effort and money by selling your tickets for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Not every other club. There were three clubs mentioned. Bohs is a given because they are putting us in a condemned and unsuitable stand. There is odds on to be a full boycott there.

Dundalk and Pats are the two others mentioned. Pats are a little bit unlucky to be in this group, but last season there were incidents in which Rovers fans took 100% of the blame and officials in the two clubs made sure the media had that message. In both incidences Rovers fans were partially to blame but the clubs hung us out to dry. Thankfully in both cases the FAI were savvy enough to not buy it.

It all comes back to the same thing. Too many clubs are happy to take hundreds of thousands of euro off us, treat us like dirt, blame us for every incident in their ground and skimp on stewarding costs.

You may continue to do that, but as a club we will not assist you in doing so by saving you time, effort and money by selling your tickets for you.

Kinda see where your coming from, but letting a thousand Rovers fans come down to Inchicore without tickets will not end well for the image of your club/fans.

Kinda see where your coming from, but letting a thousand Rovers fans come down to Inchicore without tickets will not end well for the image of your club/fans.

As may be, but now its YOUR problem, in the same way we take responsibility for your fans in Tallaght.

We cop the sole flak for whatever happenes anyway so what will be different.

last season there were incidents in which Rovers fans took 100% of the blame and officials in the two clubs made sure the media had that message. In both incidences Rovers fans were partially to blame

Which incidents are you talking about that Rovers "fans" took 100% of the blame for? Hopefully not Oriel? How were Rovers partiallyto blame for that?

So basically, from what I can see, if there are insufficient Gardai or stewards at a game, Rovers will wreck the place, knock down fences, attack opposing fans and invade the pitch.....with umbrellas...and be partially to blame?

Classy.

:)

• Advertisement

too many clubs are happy to take hundreds of thousands of euro off us,

300 fans* €15 = €4500 * 2 games = €9000

Nice for any club but hundreds of thousands of euro??

If you don't like travel arrangements just don't travel. Dundalk won't go to to the wall without Rovers money so makes no difference to us if you don't travel. It's our ground and if you don't abide by our arrangements you don't get tickets. Simples

our arrangements

Let's not carried away.

300 fans* €15 = €4500 * 2 games = €9000

Nice for any club but hundreds of thousands of euro??

If you don't like travel arrangements just don't travel. Dundalk won't go to to the wall without Rovers money so makes no difference to us if you don't travel. It's our ground and if you don't abide by our arrangements you don't get tickets. Simples

In Pats or Bohs case its 3,000 fans, so €180,000 per year.

In bold is actually fair enough. But you need us FAR more than we need you.

Which incidents are you talking about that Rovers "fans" took 100% of the blame for? Hopefully not Oriel? How were Rovers partiallyto blame for that?

So basically, from what I can see, if there are insufficient Gardai or stewards at a game, Rovers will wreck the place, knock down fences, attack opposing fans and invade the pitch.....with umbrellas...and be partially to blame?

Classy.

:)

If thats the interpretation you want to take, good for you.

The incident in Dundalk started when a Dundalk employee had a go at MON. Bottles were thrown from the main stand at the Rovers fans below.

In Inchicore, Pats fans attacked Rovers fans on the pitch (they shouldn't have been there though) and there was a reaction.

In both cases Rovers banned fans. In both cases our fans over reacted. But in both cases the home fans were as involved but seem to have gotten away blameless.

Long and the short of it. You are broke. We are your biggest cash cow. We are no longer willing to be herded like cattle into a condemned stand. Either sort it out or lose the revenue stream.

We are your biggest cash cow.

:D

Do you park your cars in Dalymount during the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Where?

Were you there?

I didn't need to be there.

An amazing new invention called television meant I could see a large number of guards not too far from Shamrock's hooligans.

An amazing new invention called television meant I could see a large number of guards not too far from Shamrock's hooligans.

But you didn't see the Dundalk fans throwing digs or bottles....

This thread isn't about whether Rovers are naughty or nice. Its about us spending a small fortune, as said before more than some entire LoI club budgets, on matchday costs in Tallaght making the place safe and comfortable for away fans.

What happens to us away from home? Compare and contrast the away end in Tallaght with the Connaught or the away section in Oriel.

Not on. Standards HAVE to improve for all our good and we are making a stand against the three clubs we believe have treated our fans appalingly over the years. The alternative is to start treating their fans badly, but we aren't going down that route.

:D

Do you park your cars in Dalymount during the week?

A fair point.

Do you think the Connaught stand is fit for puropse and we should be put there?

Yes or no.

An amazing invention called competent stewarding might have meant that hundreds of supporters were not left exposed beside the main stand while the locals threw bottles down.

Why has there been so few incidents of note at Tallaght but this sort of thing happens regularly at away games. It's the same people at both matches?

• Advertisement

The incident in Dundalk started when a Dundalk employee had a go at MON. Bottles were thrown from the main stand at the Rovers fans below.

This incident was sparked by Michael O'Neill trying to get over to the (already incensed due to a few decisions that went against them) Rovers fans to applaud them.
    The Rovers fans charged and knocked down a fence (Yes I know it wasn't very secure before you say it) and entered a bufferzone that was keeping the two sets of fans apart. It is impossible to throw a bottle from the stand into the away section due to Glass panels at the side of the stand.

The bottles been thrown were scumbag acts of the highest order and thankfully no rovers fans were hurt even if they were acting like hooligans.

Advertisement