Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Quiet Corner" column in Advertiser by Sean Connaughton

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I've been reading this column for a few weeks and it quite unusual, his website (www.seanconnaughton.ie) says he's a mentor but with very little other information.

Anybody got any experience of his mentoring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'll send you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's a horrible website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/23293

Bit more info, from the paper he writes for but nonetheless
    Never heard of him though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can probably do a similar job for a few pints. Or your mum will tell you these things for free :)
    He is called "Sean Connaughton, People Strategist" on TCGI's page and speaks right after Carmel Wynne, Life Coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Well I've been to a course of his, and I found it very useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

Met him once when I was considering a major career change(after being persuaded to by an X GF who swore by him).....Not impressed. Decided to hold onto my hard earned cash and take advise from family & friends instead, GF then became X GF, last I heard of her she had joined a cult of some sort up the north, think I dodged a few bullets there......... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 liabhroidi

It's an ad, designed as a column.

jmauel wrote: »
    Well I've been to a course of his, and I found it very useful.

I've been to a course of his, too, and had just the opposite experience.

Like I said, PM sent ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 responsible

buzz11 wrote: »
    I've been reading this column for a few weeks and it quite unusual, his website (www.seanconnaughton.ie) says he's a mentor but with very little other information.

recommended by ceo to meet him, I was unemployed for over
    a year. found him excellent. don't know how much he charges,
    he never charged me a cent nor would take anything, I got working
    within a few weeks - he's a good guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

*Coughs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Hmmm.... Was he responsible for you getting the job???

*coughs*

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Hmmm.... Was he responsible for you getting the job???

*coughs*
    can only go on my experience, he didn't impress me when I met him,
    he was very quiet and reserved. My CEO friend thought I should meet him. He spent a few hours with me over 4 days so in my books he went from zero to hero. He knows his stuff. He was actually responsible for me getting the job, it's a crazy world. I saw an article since I met him.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/34468

So if we all go to this Sean Connaughton character then he won't charge us a cent? Sure, might be a laugh

So if we all go to this Sean Connaughton character then he won't charge us a cent? Sure, might be a laugh
    met my CEO friend last night for a pint and asked for the scopp on this Connaughton guy. He doesn't know why he's involved with The Quiet Corner as he believes Connaughton is useless at dealing with your average Joe Soap. Connaughton told him this. He's brillaint at helping people in crises. My friend told me that we all have a survival energy when we're in crises and this is where Connaughton benefits. My ceo buddy then told me I was very lucky to have got Connaughton and he was very surprised that I wasn't charged. He also told me that Connaughton published 3 books and he will get me copies.
    That's the scoop. I'm going to shoot off an email for the crack later today to find out more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ritamaryse

Hi, yes I am one of the 8,000 + people that this gentleman worked with and I can assure you that everything he helped me with came through. An unique and unusual person who can change your life in a very positive way. Trust me........I know and so do many more.

buzz11 wrote: »

I was on a holiday in Thailand abut 4 years ago, and it was there I heard about Seán Connaughton. I could not believe that I went to Thailand to learn the Budda way to relax my mind, they were talking about this guy whom they had over to work with them. Here I was looking for help in Thailand and it was right under my nose here in Ireland.

Hi there,
    I am one of the thousands of wee people who has benefited from Sean Connaughton's positive direction and advice. I can assure you, what he tells you works. Dont be a doubtful Thomas or Mary, just make an appointment and you will never see things the same again. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's a horrible website.
    I thought there was something wrong with my eyes! Even for a website consisting of a single Flash control whoever put it together couldn't make pass W3C validation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ritamaryse wrote: »
    I was on a holiday in Thailand abut 4 years ago, and it was there I heard about Seán Connaughton. I could not believe that I went to Thailand to learn the Budda way to relax my mind, they were talking about this guy whom they had over to work with them. Here I was looking for help in Thailand and it was right under my nose here in Ireland.

*facepalm*

terrible shills, must try harder, 2/10.

Welcome to boards.ie Sean.

I'm glad you've found the social media. Next step is to set up LinkedIn and Facebook accounts, so we can see who's actually prepared to admit in public that they know you. Good luck with that.

Also, you might like to explain your qualifications a little more. Here's the best suggestions that Google came up with. The first one looks ok, the others decided irrelevant to what you're claiming you can do.

IITD - Irish Institute of Training & Development
    MCIDP - Mang'elete Community Integrated Development Programme
    MMII - Marketing and Management Institute, Inc. (Kalamazoo, MI)

• Advertisement

tracked down the interview thing. He works with people in companies who need to get promoted and people who are out of work. Just received a copy of the three books - Reflective Moments, Bright Beginnings and Interviewing Skills for Life available in Easons? really good photographs - think he's a photographer too? he gives 3 seminars a year which are free -
    tracked a story about him on
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/36618

that's the scoop

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

haha. Is ritamaryse yer man?

JustMary wrote: »
    Welcome to boards.ie Sean.

I'm glad you've found the social media. Next step is to set up LinkedIn and Facebook accounts, so we can see who's actually prepared to admit in public that they know you. Good luck with that.

Also, you might like to explain your qualifications a little more. Here's the best suggestions that Google came up with. The first one looks ok, the others decided irrelevant to what you're claiming you can do.

IITD - Irish Institute of Training & Development
    MCIDP - Mang'elete Community Integrated Development Programme
    MMII - Marketing and Management Institute, Inc. (Kalamazoo, MI)

you obviously know him ? I also checked out the training thing and came up with IITD - Irish Institute of Training & Development, MCIPD, Member of Chartered Institute of Personal Development (UK) , MMII - Member of the Marketing Institute of Ireland, you seem a little a angry ? give the guy a break - my experience with him was very good, why you trying to knock him?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shill lock. OP you have info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement