Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bins in Castletown

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Bryano11

gsxr1 wrote: »
    who would want a bin?
    Exactly, ever hear of a bog:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

greycrow wrote: »
    i drink down the forest because there is nowhere else to, we do not rob the bins for fun, we need them for heat, do you realise how cold it is down there? give us something else to burn and no more bins will go missing, simple as, and by the way i have never taken any bins myself. :mad:

Don't drink until you can do it legally. You can play hide and seek in the woods and the running around will keep you warm. Wear good clothing.
    Go in around Dublin and ask those who sleep out how they keep warm, it could be you in a few years time.
    Clean up the woods while you are in there, it's full of drink cans and bottles left there by uncivil people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greycrow

i am legally allowed to drink,besides its more fun in the forest. get the council to put i an few litter bins then if your that worried about it, just make sure there metal haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It's not legal to drink in open public places nor is it legal to litter. The council won't put bins in the woods.

People generally don't mind others having a bit of craic but when robbing bins, littering and causing other unsocial behaviour then it's a different story.

It's like the travellers, you don't mind them coming and going as long as they don't litter the place or cause other problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

our bin was robbed last week, we the other side of village. The strange thing was there was loads of bins out but they came all the way down to the end of a cul de sac to get ours?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Last night someone came into my back garden and stole my AES green bin, the one for general rubbish.
    So now I have to go to the expense of getting someone to install some sort of large gate that I can lock properly as I'm quite sure that this will not be the last time they do it.
    This is quite clearly teenagers and I cannot believe the gall of them.
    I'm rightly pissed off this morning. I don't need to be shelling out money just to keep a bunch of brats out of my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

jesus thats a disgrace

guil wrote: »
    jesus thats a disgrace

Isn't it.
    Just had a chat with my neighbour, we are going to go halves on six foot gates at the side of our house. He had been thinking about it anyway.
    It will take a few weeks, but that should sort us both out and hopefully that will be the end of it.
    In the mean time, I have a bicycle lock on the existing gate. For all the good that will do....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

you should try pick up one of those mock cctv cameras and stick it at the side of the house over the gate aswell, might put them off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Thats an absolute joke Bertuthiel, hope they aren't too dear :(

• Advertisement

Replacement bin delivered already.
    Thank you AES!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

One kid I know cried all the water out of his body after sniffing a Thornton's recycling bin. Imagine how his mother must've felt.

It's a fu**ing disgrace.

Advertisement