Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying cookware online

Options
  • 03-03-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've searched for a thread on buying cookware online but they mostly seem to be about knives, and I'm looking for some other bits and pieces - things like utensils, bakeware, etc.

I know I can buy a lot of stuff locally, but it seems kind of expensive and I just want to get good quality stuff that will last.

Any suggestions? Anyone tried www.shopcookware.ie?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've used www.kitchendresser.ie and find them good. Speedy delivery, nice to deal with. Same goes for www.kitchencomplements.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Cool, thanks. Will have a look through what they have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

www.nisbets.ie Can't fault them, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Amazon.co.uk can be very good, depending on what you are buying. If your order is over £25 and all bought from Amazon (not other sellers) then you pay no delivery. Coming from the UK there's no VAT or customs issues.

A Kenwood mini-chopper (which I'm buying from them - it's in my basket) costs £13.28. That's less than €16.00.

My local Tesco charges about €25.00 for it and www.kitchendresser.ie wants €26.95. Delivery from them only comes free when you spend over €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

+1for amazon. I got a set of 5 Circulon pots and pans last year. They were £69 on sale. Set of 4 in Debenhams were €250

I recently got a heavy griddle pan for under a tenner. The postage was probably more than that. Free super saver delivery is excellent and now you just need to spend £25 to qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I bought from www.kitchencookware.ie the other day. I ordered on Saturday or Sunday and my order arrived on Tuesday which is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

+1 for www.kitchencookware.ie
    arrived very quickly and I got a free gift too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Thanks everyone. I ordered a couple of bits from Amazon yesterday, as I need them asap. Kitchencookware looks great - nice gift ideas too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stasty

I have used Lakeland a few times and have found them really good.
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/
    They have very up to the minute kitchen gadgets and utensils and have excellent customer service. They also give nice gifts with large orders from time to time.

Advertisement